Tales of Zestiria the X

Who is this Edgy Loner?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=09s7wFqnOns
youtube.com/watch?v=Z1lA_GdLsos
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I wonder how many times this question was asked. From now on, I'll count.

Are Alishafriends happy she's getting more screentime?

Waifu

Needs more Rose/10

I just want a decent story involving her.

Did 2ch permaban you, Baba?

So what is so offensively bad about this "Rose."

Seems pretty cute tbqh

I'm on to you Baba

She is a pure and virtuous young lady with an uncomprimising sense of justice

Sheltered children are intimidated by her can-do attitude and charismatic leadership style.

>Sheltered children are intimidated by her can-do attitude and charismatic leadership style.

More like japanese manchildren are scared of women that can't be tamed. That's why they like Velvet and not Rose. Velvet, despite being a general hardass, has a soft/motherly side when it comes to the shota, making japs believe that under her attitude there is a kawaii girl that loves headpats.

Rose on the other hand always has the same attitude, leaving Japs without openings to see her "soft" side, thus making her disliked by the fandom.

A girl without feminine sides is trash by them.

Why I keep seeing pics of this background character on zesty threads

Actually this is true but Rose a shit

In other words, Rose is a creepy sociopath and Velvet is a badass who doesn't act edgy towards children

Nah it's because Rose is fujoshit's self-insert character

Only if she keeps getting it.

Apparently, the game spends more time trying to convince you of how awesome she is than actually presenting a good story.

Alisha is the fujoshit self-insert character. Nip fangirls like to self-insert into kind, shy and useless girls, see every otomeshit and shoujoshit. Rose is Baba's waifu, the thing is Baba is a very fucked up man so he has fucked up tastes

Rokuro and Eizen redpilled af

youtube.com/watch?v=09s7wFqnOns

What the fuck is this shit

>Tales of Liberal Arts Degrees

So was this a prologue episode or is it just incredibly badly written/directed?

Hmm, that is the basic gist of it really.

Her characterization doesn't fit the narrative of Zestiria, making her look like a God.

>that first skit
Wondrous.

>Eleanor is "I'm not like the other girls" girl

So how high is the chance that we will get a new Zestiria version after the anime?

Tales of Zestiria F when?

It was a prologue episode that happened to be incredibly badly written/directed

It's practically just a meme at this point like most posts on Sup Forums. I love that it's entirely okay to make OPs that are literally just people looking to meme and that those are the threads that actually take off. Watch this another round of bitch about a video game and it's chief producer on Sup Forums

Good to know, hopefully the other episodes aren't as bad.

In short I've never played it but I'm still going to have an opinion about it on Sup Forums. I remember when this board used to tell people like you to fuck off back to Sup Forums but now they just launch that bit out there at random people instead.

Eizen seems like a really cool guy.

Tfw you know he's going to be killed later ;~;

Dude hated women so much he turned into a dragon and had to be euthanized. Based

None, that probably was the plan but it would suicidal at this point.

>Velvet realizing she's getting cucked by Eleanor

The world is not ready for this level of /ss/

I knew Berseria was related to Zestiria but I wasnt expecting a scene with the MC fighting Sorey.
Hope that makes into the game too.

Isn't she the protagonist of berseria? Does the two related?

>these skits have better character interaction than all of zestiria

welp its good to know berseria will at least have a fun cast, it'll be nice if this anime can fix zestiria's cast from feeling so god damn distant from one another cause it really was the most shallow relationships in the franchise, no one really seemed to bond at all over the course of the game.

>Eizen essentially called normins normies

He really is edna's brother

I hope Bamco keeps calling them normies in the localization, "normalak" or w/e is nowhere near as good

Sup Forums secretly loves edgy characters

it's true

we love characters who are proactive

even if the result of that proactiveness is pain and slaughter

Part of Zestiria's problem was just a lack empathy between the party. Besides Sorey,Mikleo, and Alisha none of your party has any real empathy and in fact are often tell each other to stop caring and worrying about one another. Because of that with the exception of Sorey and Mikleo your keeps each other at arm's length.

That's what when you have an outspoken sociopath in your team, I guess.

If the game didn't outright tell you Rose was right, and if Baba didn't gush over Rose, do you think she'd be well liked?

She'd be an important side character at best so I guess she'd have a small but dedicated fanbase.

If the game stopped trying so damn hard to make her look "cool", and just treated her like an actual character. She'd be a side character, but she'd probably be more well liked.

Honestly, she is a good character. But she is in the wrong game if you get what I mean.

Like I said before, she felt liked a demi-god in Zestiria.

It's not a problem of her being in the wrong game, even if she was in a different game, she'd still be shit as she is in Zestiria. In any other game they'd treat her as insane character or villainous one.

Which in case characters there will call her out on her bullshit. No one could do that here in Zestiria because of "muh hellion" stuff.

Well in the end the world building is the problem anyway.

I really do hope without Baba now they can be free on what they wanted to do. Only beef is that Shiina isn't the composer.

Well, Velvet seems to be part Hellion

I have a feeling if Rose tries to put her down the result she will get will not be what she desires

But with her personality would she accept being called out? That's the question. She'd have to be pretty fucked up to have that belief to begin with.

When that happens, that will be the fun part.

She was too omnipotent in the setting of Zestiria. They should have just made her the protagonist really.

>Edna and Zaveid were the best Zestria characters and are both old enough to be in Berseria.

I bet Baba wanted to but it was already too late

>alisha gets more screen time
>it's mostly suffering

Sure, it's great.

Beseria is a prequel to Zestria. So Beseria is in the same world.

>best girl gets more screen time
>it's only to make her suffen even more
fuck you baba

Even if she had been the protagonist, she'd still come across as insufferable to the gamer. The game would also be considered shit due to our having an obvious case of protagonist centered morality.

>Never played a Tales games but super hyped for Beseria and I'm liking The X a lot so far
>See Xillia for 7€
>About to buy it
>Realize there's no nip voices

Fuck videogames.

Only Symphonia and Zestiria have japanese voices.

>The game would also be considered shit due to our having an obvious case of protagonist centered morality.
But that's every JRPG. The Tales franchise is especially bad on this

Getting really tired of people whining about Rose, there wasn't any issue when Yuri was killing villains but suddenly there is when Rose does it?

Because Rose is female and Yuri is male. Females aren't allowed to perform evil acts. They all have to be sweet pure virgin angels and be ready to have the D

Just ignore the 'Rose dominates the game' retard circlejerk.

Because Yuri himself acknowledges that he's wrong, and his game calls him out on it and doesn't treat him as though he's right either.

>tfw there will never be a Tales of VS. where you can beat up Rose with Yuri

>Yuri
>wrong

Nah.

It's almost like execution and context matter or something.

Yuri wasn't wrong.

She doesn't properly fit the narrative of the story.

If we are going for the root of the problem. She isn't the problem. It's the world building of the story. The reason people are saying she's a problem, is because she is a part of it really.

I like her character, but not in Zestiria. She's wasted on it. If there's a character that I hate that would be Sorey.

Context is the key here in what you are saying. There's a big difference on how Yuri was portrayed in Vesperia, compared to her in Zestiria. If you are just gonna look at them standalone characters, of course you'll think that people are just whining about one and not the other.

What was so bad about it?

But the game days that he is.

>Tales
>Badly written

But there are. At least, in the PC version. The only thing that's missing by default is the vocals of the opening video, but you can fix that manually too.

*says

He said Xillia user

>Not have a CFW to play all tales of undub and ToV in english

Thing is Sorey suffers primarily because of the worldbuilding.

The problem with Rose though is that even if the world building hadn't been so fucked up she still wouldn't fit in. Case in point why are people pointing out that Velvet would likely kill Rose if they met.

You know that makes alot of sense as to why the cast felt so bizarrely distant, one thing you could always give tales even the bad ones was you always got the feeling that the party were friends or comrades but zestiria made them feel like they were just not there for the others.

i also noticed that this only became a problem after alisha left, which coincidently is when the game's entire plot and lore started to become a mess and is rumored to be where those last minute rewrites were made 8 months before the games completion. I'm wondering if maybe this anime is going to incorporate the rumored original script that was scrapped.

I actually didn't think much of Velvet at first, but I've started to warm up to her after seeing the cover art for the game and her status menu art.

Velvet kind of comes off as a big sister to me. Recent interaction with Laphicet seemed to be pushing him around for doing what others tell him instead of using his free will. Could be wrong though, my memory is somewhat hazy with regards to what has been revealed for Berseria so far.

tales generally has a good use of morality though, most of the time the protagonists are more or less in a gray area with their intentions, especially abyss hearts and xillia 2 where the characters pretty much are forced into a scenario where its them or others. Its been portrayed as not a great thing and all 3 of those games end on a bittersweet note.

Edna > all

youtube.com/watch?v=Z1lA_GdLsos

Agree about the worldbuilding. Not a fan of Rose, but in Zestiria she has no reason to be as absurdly powerful as she is. She is faster, stronger, more proactive, more willful, and worst of all, more resonant with seraphim than Sorey. From the moment she's introduced she completely eclipses the main character. If she had been the main character from the start (and genderswapped) she'd end up being Yuri 2.0 and not receive nearly so much hate.

It would be the other way around. Sorey would mindlessly beat Velvet within an inch of her life because she's a hellion and then Rose would finish her off because there's no way Velvet would let some crappy Shepherd purify her. She'd go down just like the Cardinal/Medusa boss.

Great taste user.

If Berseria is successful, then we'll have a tales of zesteria X the game with velvet and Alisha being the new characters
Also a shit ton of more DLC costumes

>Insufferable cunt who wants to fuck her brother
>Best anything

Convince me to finish Zestiria. The game is awful.

It became a problem because the thing is Lailah, and Edna are naturally cold, distant, and apathetic. Once Alisha the only other empathetic left the party, she was replaced with another naturally apathetic character, whose just fine with everyone keeping each other at arm's length, and with her came Dezel another naturally apathetic character. By Zaveid joined the party it was too late, Ave the party just never formed that bond.

How far in are you?

Another reason why I can't understand why anyone cared about the cast. They could barely give a shit about eachother.

You talking about Sorey? The same character who has a problem in killing hellions? Actually willingly picking a fight with Velvet? A person who wouldn't attack him unless he attacks her first? Keeping in mind that Sorey himself never mindlessly attacks intelligent hellions unless they threaten him first or they do something to warrant his action.

Sorey picking a fight with Velvet would be OOC for him. Rose on the other hand...

Huh, here I was thinking Laphicet was going to be all meek and shy. While I don't think I would have had a problem with that, I'm liking his portrayal here as well. Voices for him, Magilou, and Eleanor are nice. Overall those skits seemed pretty good and they reinforced my like of the aforementioned and helped me warm up more to Velvet, Eizen, and Rokuro.

Bien's speech tic wasn't bad and I like the Normin racism, though like the Anons above I hope they keep it as normie since that sounds better. Bit at the end with Velvet being a bit jealous was cute. Laphicet and Eleanor also seem to have possibilities. The overall animation present in the skits is very nice as well.

Gotta admit her cute act here and the quick change sounds good, possibly better than the dub.

I like the dub voice for seraphim guy though since it makes him come off as more of a sleazeball.

The assumption is that Velvet would pick a fight with him because he's a Shepherd. Sorey wouldn't go out of his way to go after her but he'd certainly defend himself. He'd still jump in to protect Rose even if Rose started it, because Rose Is Never Wrong.

>Laphicet sleeps inside Eleanor

L-lewd. Now I'm expecting them to be the ones who invent Kamui.

Thing is that Eleanor is kinda a Shepard too, so it's likely that she won't just attack him when she sees him. As for Rose, well Velvet actually has more plot shield than Rose right now.

Symonne's sequence near the endgame and the part where you put the final blow in the villain are pretty good. Though the story never stops expecting you to play it with only 25% of your neurons firing.

Eizen and Rokuro sound like they're going to be best bros.

Velvet and Eleanor fought when they first met too. Whether or not Velvet puts Sorey to task for his "involvement" with Shepherds depends on what stage her character growth is.

Thing is the Zestiria party needs more warm characters just Sorey and Mikleo agent enough.

Zestiria is a sequel to Berseria, and Eleanor was blindly following Arthorius at the time.