There are people out there who will defend this bullshit

>There are people out there who will defend this bullshit.

it wasn't an asspull

Fk off faggot.

Come up with a better way for Hisoka to get out of this situation. Remember Chrollo has the win.

HxH has some of the most hilarious asspulls

>set up complicated convoluted nen system
>Killua immediately circumvents all of it with his OP powers and "I can use everything at 100% when my eyes are scarlet which I can also control at will"
>Netero's nuke asspull
>Gon's ridiculous Super Saiyan mode
>Alluka basically being the series dragonballs that have no consequences as long as Killua makes the wish
>Hisoka bringing himself back to life

Of course hiatusfags will defend all of this

Togashi is a hack. This has long been known.

It's bullshit, but it technically works within the system Togashi set up.

I don't like it much personally because it feels like some cunt playing around with loopholes in DnD while before the "nen becomes stronger after death" thing felt more sinister and out of control, not something you could invoke intentionally.

>Come up with a better way for Hisoka to get out of this situation.
There isn't one. Nothing Togashi could do would be even close to passable. The reality is that Hisoka should have been killed off right then and there, and I would have had immense respect for Togashi if he had the balls to do that. But instead, either through Ishida licking his feet like a dog or just general cowardice, he kept him alive, knowing there was no logical means of doing so.

He can be a real hack sometimes.

I think its retarded but at least its not Kubo level + at least it doesn't contradict the world in which it happened

Kurapika, not Killua, has that ability only when emotional.
Gon's mode was foreshadowed heavily if you reread.

it isn't that complicated, it's just the more you sacrifice, the more you gain
>Killua immediately circumvents all of it with his OP powers and "I can use everything at 100% when my eyes are scarlet which I can also control at will"
I think you mean Kurapika, and he's a special case (possibly from the dark continent?)
>Netero's nuke asspull
How is a nuke an asspull? Netero's mission was to kill the king, and if the king is too strong, a great backup plan is to kamikaze. He hinted multiple times in the arc that he might die.
He sacrificed his nen and life to go all out for a short period of time. That's balanced if you ask me. He would've died if it weren't for Alluka.
>Alluka basically being the series dragonballs that have no consequences as long as Killua makes the wish
Alluka is the only asspull so far, but let's wait until she gets explained properly, then we'll know for sure how much of an asspull she is.
CPR isn't an asspull
nor is residual nen
nen becoming stronger after death is something that's been explained since forever
CPR isn't hard to do, so getting your nen to do something as simple as CPR shouldn't have many consequences

Under what nen category does shitposting fall into?

Don't act stupid user. If Togashi wanted there were million of other ways he could've saved Hisoka, maybe even pushing the battle for a draw or have someone intervene and force Chrollo to disperse because his plan was no longer 100% perfect.

You can't actually believe that he changed his mind about killing Hisoka after one single chapter, the whole thing's been planned for ages before probably as a method to get him on the boat. It'd be an asspull if he died and 100 chapters later he came out of nowhere to save Gon, asspulls refers to on-the-moment decisions/powerups/revives that weren't planned beforehand, but that can't possibly be the case here since both his death and revive happened in the same couple of chapters.

>while before the "nen becomes stronger after death" thing felt more sinister and out of control, not something you could invoke intentionally
I agree with. Both nen pledges and post-mortum nen need to be used as an uncontrollable part of the system. Nen pledges requiring the strong feelings that fuel nen and twist it into making that system appear

>Netero's nuke asspull

Stopped reading there. Learn the character names and then take your autism somewhere else

>Transmuters are whimsical and prone to deceit. Transmutation users have unique attitudes, and many are regarded as weirdos or tricksters. Often they put forth a facade while hiding the truer aspects of their personalities. Even when they don't hide their personalities they rarely reveal their true intentions.[17] Many transmuters rely on techniques that give unique and unpredictable properties to their Nen that reflects their personalities.

The name of the chapters were literally Disappointment.
Togashi had it planned for hiatuses before it coming to pass and he thought it was a fun way to subvert reader expectations.
Both Chrollo and Hisoka fans were upset, people who didn't care for the characters discussed about it and it was one hell of a fight.

>Nen, the most elaborate power system with actually allows for writer freedom is not marvelously elaborated
>Kurapika's kurta eyes might be something from the DC and there is shit that don't give a fuck about nen; we haven't seen the whole history
>Netero's asspull. Fucking hell.
>Gon. Fucking hell.
>Alluka, DC, we don't have enough info
>Hisoka, poorly executed because there is flagrant flaws on just executing CPR after being dead for hours but still sound in theory; the only mistake is that the way it was done also allows everyone to be immortal

>only when emotional
Kurapika has control over Scarlet mode now.

Fuck. Pariston was a shitposter all along

>bullshit

Dude, Gin build a self-destruction cassette tape with his nen. Also the entire fucking Greed island (with a lot of nen).

Killua free wish from Nanika is an asspull though.

The real bullshit thing is that his heart stopped for several minutes, and even if his Nen reactivated his heart Hisoka should've been braindead

It's a real disappointment that Togashi didn't think this shit through even if he took two fucking years to think it

This concept was explained and foreshadowed a lot you dumb speedreaders. Nen after death isnt a new thing. The ability wasn't written for the fight, the fight was written to introduce the ability. It's not like we're gonna see Hisoka training sessions, so this was a good way to write it in. Just like how nen was demonstrated in Hisoka's other heaven's arena fight.
Chrollo on the other hand is poorly written drivel that can have any ability Togashi gives him.

>bringing up the dark continent regarding Emperor Time
ET predates DC by far too long for it to be relevant in justifying it to the reader. The reality is that it's just some cool shit Togashi came up with to justifiably put Kurapika on par with the spiders without making them look like pussies.

What's so complicated?
I think you mean Kurapika.
>Netero's nuke asspull
Netero had a discussion with Kolt and upon showing him his Nen (for Kolt to compare to the King) realized he wouldn't win. He then promptly decided that he has to meet a friend. That friend was a scientist. Also the miniature rose makes sense thematically to the arc.
Yea and what happened to him after? He paid a heavy price. Even in the manga he has trouble getting nen back even after Alluka's healing.
Agreed, although there are rules to her powers.
Foreshadowed THREE times. 1) After Yorknew when Phinks explains why they can't hunt Kurapika anymore (nen can go out of control and remain after death). 2) Pitou's nen makes her dead body a puppet in order to "defeat" Gon in order to protect the king AFTER her death.
3) The whole Sun and Moon ability remaining.
It should be noticed that although nen can remain after death, how it remains is entirely dependent on the ability of the person who died. Pitou's nen manipulated and controlled her own dead body just as Pitou's Terpsichora. Hisoka is by no means immortal. If he had exploded to bits he wouldn't have been able to come back. He controlled his own death, to an extent, in order to gamble with his Nen massaging his heart back to life.

That being said, it's important to distinguish subverting ass pulls vs something not being an ass pull.

people who still read hxh already accepted alluka and that was ten times the asspull that hisoka nen was.

I wish Hisoka would "O rubber my nen...!!" the hiatus away, I'm sure he could use his bungee gum to manipulate Togashi and make him start drawing manga panels again. I mean it does have the properties of both rubber and gum.

Except, technically, York Shin and more concrete hints of DC are separated by just a few years (in chapter numbers)? There also been hints of "another world" throughout the entire manga.
You can't say Togashi didn't have DC planned for a long time now, it is basically Makai 2.0 revamped for HxH. The problem is that Togashi's health became a severe issue.

Pic related.

Has it really been proven that Killuas wishes have no affect on the world? I'd say because Alluka cares about Killua she doesn't make him pay for it but somewhere in the world or dark continent tons of people are dieing from it.

Hisoka is a transmuter.
Togashi wins.

Something only shares the load with the people you care

OH MY MUSHROOM NEN

Who would win in a fight?

Use texture surprise to switch faces with an audience member. Bump them into the bomb puppets so the body is destroyed beyond recognition.

If Togashi kept reviving characters over and over again you guys would consider it good writing, wouldn't you?

Because the previous revivals "foreshadow" the next in your minds.

Hisoka's revival here robs the impact of any future revivals.

What about the clothes? Hairstyle?
How do you do this under constant supervision?

Rubber and gum faggot.

Don't act like y'all don't know.

There are also people who misuse the quote function as if they were in Sup Forums, so don't let it get you down.

yes it was

both this an chrollo's bookmark shit are shameless asspulls of the lowest quality

>OH NO! A character developed his powers!

>and I would have had immense respect for Togashi if he had the balls to do that
if you actually thought either one would die from this random ass fight you're literally brain damaged, there would be no purpose for having the fight now if it wasn't going to be relevant to the current arc in some way

What they killed was a realistic rubber clone

/thread

>foreshadowed heavily

Like?

The only thing that was foreshadowed was that Gon had some bullshit tier enhancer power and enough to straight up kill a top tier hunter like Moroes if he 100%'d him in one hit, which is exactly what was revealed Uvogin did to other decent nen users.

It was never revealed he'd burn his entire potential for 1 fight at ANY point. Just that Gon was a pissed off person ever since he learned Kite was dead and he wanted to kill Pussycatantchankun.