What do gun control advocates mean when they call for "common sense gun control?"

What do gun control advocates mean when they call for "common sense gun control?"

Literally mental health checks, in Australia it's the gun classes attached to having a gun club membership who act as a sort of mental health check..

..but all the guns he used were bought illegally.

Retards shouldnt get guns

I'm diagnosed with schizoid personality disorder

Does that mean I could never do any job that involves guns? (army, police, etc) or get a licence?

No scary black things that go up

common sense dictates that there should be no gun control.

therefore, they're using doublespeak.

They mean the slippery slope of whatever "common sense" means this week. I tend not to listen to the braying of idiots who wouldn't know consistency in their own positions if it fucking bit them right in the ass.

>retards/republicans shouldnt get guns
>if its something that helps a mass murder mow down a mass of people its probably okay to get rid of because the only thing it prevents is edgy faggots getting off to LOOK MOMMY I SHOOT GUN AT CAN XD
>national registration to see how/where/who purchased the gun that is now in the hands of this mass murderer.

They mean kill all whites. Slippery slope.

"mental health checks" sounds obvious on paper but in reality you could define most of america as mentally unwell since they're all on various psychiatric drugs

e.g. it should be "common sense" not to give a gun to someone on anti-depresents but then that's 22% of americans who cant buy a gun

> What do gun control advocates mean when they call for "common sense gun control?"
Only their bodyguards should have guns.

make everything except hunting rifles illegal for civilians

Pretty much this.

"common sense" is code for "ignore the constitution."

They will frame the discussion in such a way that the reason for including the 2nd amendment in the constitution becomes unclear. Once it's "unclear" why we have the 2nd amendment, it is "common sense" to just ignore it.

For example, they'll say: "The 2nd amendment gives you the right to protect yourself but wouldn't we be safer if only the police had guns?" or "The 2nd amendment was all about hunting. Isn't it common sense that only hunting rifles should be allowed?"

It's a buzzword they use to act like grabbing guns is common sense.

Correct. The ((((media)))) wants you to think we let crazy people in all the time but my step-brother just joined the Army and they gave him a psych evaluation because he had a little scratch on his arm from his German Shepard.

Slippery slope legislation that starts with "ban guns you don't need" and ends with "ban all guns" basically.

BAN SILENCERS THAT MAKE GUNS SNEAKY AND GO PEW PEW PEW

Oh, like the AR-15 (Yeah, it is classed as a rifle), that won the "Shooter's Choice Award" in Aurora and elsewhere? Go home leaf, you're drunk.

Common sense gun control already exists.

If you're a criminal, you can't own a gun.

The problem is CIA and FBI using NRA and DEA as their scapegoat for smuggling weapons and drugs into America.

Democrats are the ones enabling them.

(((common sense)))

they manipulate words

(((dreamers)))

(((alt-rgiht)))

(((nazi)))

REMINDER:
The anti-gun shills are out in force tonight at numbers that I have never seen before. They want you dead and/or enslaved, perpetually at the mercy of niggers and other criminals that don't give a fuck about any laws at all. Remember that. And remember to SAGE all anti-gun threads..

I heard silencers made the gun go faster on Rachel Maddows show, and even make the clips bigger

"Common sense gun control" is code word for firearm genocide.

i know it's classified as a rifle the r stands for rifle
whats your point?

whatever they can grab

It's means they want all guns to look like this

Banning everything.
This is the endgoal of any leftist politics : regulating everything until everything is banned, and not just guns, but cars, tools, private property...
Except for themselves of course, politicians will always keep their privileges to have armed guards, luxury cars, prestigious houses, while the 99% will be forced into state owned commie blocks and will have to share state owned self driving electric cuck mobiles.

I was pointing out that the weapons that were used in those shootings would still be available under your "common sense" reforms. Thus, your reforms a worthless proposition restricting weapons to law-abiding citizens for literally no reason.

If it meant denying only liberals access to guns then I am for it.

i don't agree with it at all, but france and australia already basically have this and "hunting rifles" obviously means bolt action

This. They will take everything they can and then hibernate until the next shooting. Thats why the law says

>The right to bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

Restrictions more severe than all the previous restrictions they called 'common sense gun control' when they imposed them, but totally not an eventual prohibition on all guns, honest. What are you, a paranoid loon?

Yeah, and the Ackbar's that shot up the streets in Charlie Hebdo were at large for several hours before the authorities got their shit together because even the cops weren't armed. Your gun laws create a safe space for murderers. If you want the boot of the state or domestic terrorists at your throat, do us all a favor and keep that shit north of the 49th parallel.

Communism.

pretty sure i just literally said "i dont agree with it at all"

Look at the history of any lobby group and you'll see the same pattern.

Abortion rights activists originally made their case using what would now be considered conservative talking points (i.e., first trimester, cases of rape, or threat to the life of the mother).

Gay lobby, same deal. We just want acceptance. No wait, we want civil partnerships, but won't call it marriage. Actually, we lied we do want to call it marriage and get married in a church who's liturgical laws we're flagrantly defying. Uh, fuck we got all that...bathroom rights for the mentally ill!

The takeaway from this is clear. NEVER GIVE THEM A SINGLE INCH.

pic related

That they don't actually have any idea what the fuck they're talking about. Just like with everything else.

SHALL

lel eat ass.

Means they want a face full of lead

One guy caused this much chaos and havoc, imagine 50 of those running around Vegas at the same time, then imagine 15,000 running across the state of Nevada, then imagine 15,000,000 of those across the country all doing it at once

Liberals and their agenda would be EXTINCT in one night

Full confiscation. The liberal strategy is to bit by bit make guns to difficult or expensive for the average citizen to own. Once America's gun culture is basically dead theyll go for confiscation with not enough resistance to stop them.

All the while they'll call it "common sense" no matter how extreme it gets.

Common sense gun control means "taking guns away from our political opponents".

Mega Death

The only people that mental are those that regurgitate the media lies about this psyop hoax...alreayd the narrative of lonegunman has been destroyed, now its proven the persons of the guy was NASA, Lockheed, Gov, Pussyhat ANtifa shill with ANTIFA on the ground giving fake interviews. Lots of intel assets on the gorund.

indeed, "mental health" is a very dangerous slippery slope because psychiatry has literally no standards for mental health

it could devolve into
>"what you want a gun for?"
>"self defense"
>"that means you have paranoia, no gun for you"

They'll never get that far. They think everybody else is as retarded about how guns work and thought that running a bimbo who toes the party line and wanted to ban any caliber bullets that can penetrate a vest for senator in fucking Pennsylvania. We have so many damn hunters that even nice church ladies were voting against her because that would mean that the 30.06 that took down the buck that got donated to the soup kitchen would be banned

yay the Argentinian is the only one who understands why "Mental Health check" is a fucking useless, and will used immediately to prevent anyone from buying a gun.

exactly
here's a literacy test they gave blacks in the 60s, this is just page 1 of 3, they had 10 minutes to write it, and one wrong answer was a fail

if they want to deny everyone rights then they will just make the test hard enough to deny everyone rights

like catch 22, "you can only have a gun if you're sane but if you want a gun you can't be sane"