Why do people pretend to dislike this objective masterpiece?

Why do people pretend to dislike this objective masterpiece?

Whenever anyone on Sup Forums calls an anime you like shit, remember that Sup Forums thinks K-ON is brilliant.

>people can't dislike what I like

Forced moe.

they actually believe the DEEN meme

I enjoyed it, but it's far from a masterpiece.

>pretend to dislike

KonoSuba has some good ideas, but doesn't go nearly far enough.

Despite ostensibly lampooning the worst elements of isekai stories, it still features the most shit elements of them. For instance, it still has the self-insert loser protagonist from another world somehow being inexplicably more competent than the people who were born in the world as well as him being the center of attention and affection from a bunch of beautiful women for no real story reasons. It also depicts the world itself as being a comparatively nice place to live, as opposed to a dirty, primitive, and dangerous place, as one would expect from a world that has been impoverished by decades of constant war.

Basically, the issue is that since these kinds of shows only exist to sell merchandise/fantasies to manchildren, there are limits on how negatively (ie realistically) you can parody everything. If someone were to go all the way and show just what would actually happen if a loser with no real skills ended up in a pseudo-medieval european fantasy setting, it would ultimately be a complete financial failure due to the fact that only loser kimotas, who would never forgive you for denying their dreams, buy this shit.

It isn't Keno, but it is fun in the same way summer action flicks are fun and that is why I watch it.

Because it is a shitty isekai harem show (With an otaku MC of course) with a "Read the LNs" ending to top off its poor attempt at slapstick.

>Put the smile on the side of the face
>Still draw the lips on the outline
Make up your minds, ffs

Basically this.

It got a second season over whatever shitty anime the contrarian posters like more. So they try to shit on it, but you can't shit on perfection.

Stay mad plebs.

>isekai
What does this mean, the word itself. I get that it refers to these parallel world stories.

Just means "other/alternate/another world"

thanks

異世界 isekai
異 i = other
世界 sekai = world

>Konosubafag
>calls someone pleb
Really makes you think

It's fun, but far from a masterpiece.

>objective masterpiece
I liked it, but it wasn't a masterpiece by any standard. There was at least two shows better than it during it's run and the only masterpiece was rakugo.

But... that's what Re:Zero is doing and it's selling well

I watched 2 or 3 episodes knowing nothing about it and found it dumb, boring and poorly produced. I was shocked by its popularity around here.

I don't think it was a masterpiece, but it was probably the best fantasy/comedy series to come out since Leviathan.

This and the fact they think Love Live is a masterpiece. We literally just had a thread here a few hours ago with people trying to claim it was a better music anime than Beck.

Did you even watch it? So many shit in a single post that I probably should avoid due to trollish reasons, but still, I'm biting it.

> isekai stories
First off, stop projecting this "isekai isekai" crap. If it's a show that is clearly meant as a parody (read what "parody" means if you think it's just a comedy) then this shit meme would be acceptable, but it isn't the case with KonoSuba. It's just a nonsensical setting to get the most ridiculous situations out, nothing more.

> somehow being inexplicably more competent than the people
What could've made you think his mediocrity means more competent than others in the world?
His party is a product of dejects and hugely flawed personalities and yet he's still not the most relevant in there. The only time he's actually useful is against Verdia, while everywhere else he's just some weak but sensible guy all around.

> being the center of attention and affection from a bunch of beautiful women for no real story reasons
Aqua: Tied to him since she's supposedly HIS item. Also, they're more like bros (he keeps lending her money) after some point.
Megumin: OVA showed why, she got kicked/pushed out of every other party except his.
Darkness: She's a M and she thinks of him as one of a great S party-leader.
Every other character isn't relevant as they only appear when he/they go to them.
Yeah, right, no real story reasons...

> world itself as being a comparatively nice place to live
I'm almost sure now you didn't watch it.

The only downside is the show lacks top quality girls.

All of them getting boring after running personal jokes they have over and over.

I know Sup Forums enough to predict that with the way KonoSuba threads have been recently, it's only a matter of time until more and more people start shitting on it.

>...
Don't do this.
> Subaru
> Competent
He's shown to be absolutely incompetent.
> Nice place after years of bad war.
This is many years AFTER the war and shown to still have slums, bandits, demons that will kill villagers past the barrier.

what you talking about willis?

everytime I see it on Sup Forums niggers be giving it bomb head

tip that fedora harder, you might impress someone with it.

There are issues with both konosuba itself AND the anime, however I don't think I would use "boring" in any of those descriptions unless I had no taste for the comedy, in which case "unfunny parody" probably would be the complaint.

Personally I loved the manga and ln long before the anime aired. It works really well in both formats. I was dreading the anime due to Dean's proclivity to fuck up everything it touches. I was surprised, while the anime was clearly done with a shoestring budget, the staff made it work. Sure shit was off model and derpy, but then the anime is pretty hilarious and derpy anyway, so the low budget visual aesthetic actually worked. The music was fine, plenty of call outs to 8 bit RPGs in it, and the VAs, for a bunch of B-listers, scrubs and rookies knocked it out of the park. The director obviously was able to keep everyone having fun while making the anime, as that honest fun translated to the screen and the energy in the VA performances. Solid direction + rather funny source material, good characters and character design, and a nonsensical plot = fun show.

It's no Othello, but it knew WHAT it was, which is a derpy sorta campy parody of not just "trapped in another world" type of story but of simply classic RPGs and MMORPG nonsense that players sorta accept without thinking about it, but when presented as "real" in konosuba really stand out as rather hilariously awkward and sucky. And knowing what it was, and playing to those strengths rather then trying to be something it wasn't is part of why no one really nitpicked the derpy quality that dean's poor budget created.

Now if you're a fan of sword art online because the MC is a badass in black who swings around a black sword, then you're probably not going to have a lot of fun with Konosuba unless you can laugh at yourself and your shit taste.