Holy shit. How long is a typical Japanese work day?

Holy shit. How long is a typical Japanese work day?

>it's another "why Japs do this" thread

As long as the corporations want. There's no such thing as workers' rights in Japan so the execs just shit all over their workforce and make them work 3/4 of the day even though mountains of evidence say that makes productivity go down.

Its because workers rights wouldnt matter, the corp would lay-off anyone not willing to sign off on late hours for no extra pay and just hire someone else. Lots of potential salary men in japan.

Jesus Christ, why?

its like bad manner to be the first to go home over there.

Being a salary man must be a fucking nightmare. Then again just about anyone can type things in a computer.

It's actually worse than you think. Typically, at the end of the work day, your Sempai or manager will take you to a izakaya for drinking. Oh, that is ep 2. hehehe. You will see.

Heard they just keep workers working for no particular reason just to show that the company is productive. They do have some regulations but companies can and will "pay extra hour" to keep workers till late night. Also, working on a company is kinda of a samurai dedication to his lord, you live for your company

Just wait until the episode when an all-nighter is done.

This, it's more like they stretch their work over extra hours than that they're actually working extra hours.

Like so

There's a reason 95% of Japanese men want to kill themselves.

It's like OP has never worked in a creative industry before. I'm a VFX artist and 12 hour shifts are pretty normal.

Remember, no work

I'm an engineer. I've had my share of long days but this is insane.

No, you work those hours because you're a replaceable peon who chose to work in an industry because it's "cool" and your employer exploits you for it.

Karoshi

The prospects for proletarian revolution in Japan all the sudden look a whole lot brighter.

It's very normal

Nice job projecting

if i'm reborn as an anime girl i'll make sure to never graduate

>14+ hours
>16 hours even

Jesus fucking Christ. No wonder birthrates plummered, these fuckers waste all day working and not fucking. All these shonen, and ntr cliché make sense now

Imagine with the birth rates going down there won't be any more workers so you will have to work 24 hours!

>work horrible hours
>quality suffers
>work even longer hours to compensate
keep it up

Haven't watched this, by is the game company an established company or an indie/startup?

All those high school kids who are never seen with their parents isn't just based on some plot-convienent fantasy. It's based on the cold, hard, gritty truth of Japanese society.

Apparently an established company since they are about to release the third installment of one of their games.

>all these people caring about the work hours of nips workers
Without them, the country would have garbage economy. They need to work hard to make their country relevant or else the surrendering to burgerland in WW2 will go to waste.

>Japanese
We have the same work hours where I live, I don't think it's only Japan.

I guess that's why they're so lucky to only be working 12 hour days. Crunch time in the VG industry is not pretty precisely because of autist nerds who will abandon their entire life so they get to be exploited for the glory of being ~vidya~games~

My crunch days at tech startups are/were pretty awful and I am curious if this animu matches up.

>Without them, the country would have garbage economy.
No it wouldn't. Endless workdays grinds down even the japanese robots. It's not sustainable

That's bullshit. I've worked in 6 totally different places in Japan till now, and I was systematically told to go back home but I WOULDN'T, like many other employees. With the actual crisis every single company in Japan has to reduce the number of its employees and as that means more work for everyone, a lot of people can't finish on time. As there is a thing called solidarity here, I would stay too and even if I couldn't help these persons because we're in a different branch, I would prepare my next work day. Or the next work day for anyone in my branch if it appears I would be off.
This certainly sounds like Hell for people who can't imagine a whole branch (15 people) going to the restaurant or karaoke together whenever they can find an occasion to, but it's how things work in Japan and well, I like it.
There isn't a single company who 'forces' you to work over time. You decide, because it's your life and you can quit any time, for the good reason that unemployment in Japan is nearly inexistent. You'd find work, and as much as you want, anywhere. After 15 years in Japan, I can guarantee that.
The only time I felt forced to work to death was when my boss was that insufferable french guy who had his own bakery and would make his employee (slaves who thought it would be great to have the name of a french baker as mentor on their resume) sign a contract so that they wouldn't sue him for the unpaid extra work hours. AM 5:00 ~ PM 21:00, opening and closing the shop every day with only my Monday off. He nearly killed me.
No japanese company ever treated me like this.
It had to be someone I thought I had something in common with, us both being foreigners. How wrong I was.
The great thing is that he's dead now. As he tried to throw me out of my apartment the very day I told him I was quitting, I nearly cried with joy when I heard the news.

>fuck half of your high school life studying for a good college
>????
>graduate
>wake up, get into those delicious and cramped subways to spend 14+ hours in your workplace full of apathetic nips
>this as much as your body can handle of course

Subscribed

>16 hours even
He's making up the two hours he didn't work the previous day.

At one point yes, then it just because the norm and corporations don't care about having a sustainable and sane environment for their workers. They'd rather just wring them as much out possible and exploit the culture of conformity of keep them in line. More money for them and if some loser can't hack it they got so many more lined up outside the door.

Remember, you are not a person, you are a spreadsheet entry to your corporate overlords.

this is why refugees are the answer, the japanese can keep working while they can help them by rising the population :^)

where's chapter 2?