Only manga I'd consider legendary.

I find it's really hot that he fucked his nemesis sister

SHIT manga.
Please try again.

I pray for babes.

Best manga ever made.

The only right answer.

You people need to read more manga.

You too, but Ten's ending is actually good so it's fine.

What's wrong with Sanctuary?

It's ok but that's about it. It's in no way, shape or form a "Legendary manga".
Assuming of course "legendary" means particularly good.

Pic related was cathartic as fuck and the whole final match was legendary

so what's legendary to you?

Probably some obscure piece of shit but he won't tell us, otherwise he'll lose his advantage.

>please spoonfeed me because I'm too lazy to lurk enough to find out about good manga
Excluding that, but there are plenty of popular manga that are good. Ashita no Joe, Devilman, Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, etc etc.
I'm not going to tell you to search for random authors like Fuyukawa who you probably never heard about or anything like that just to seem pretentious, but that doesn't mean I have to spoonfeed you like some gaia tier request either.

Sorry man, you shit on Kurosawa. That automatically makes your opinion worthless.

I'm not asking to be spoonfed you faggot, I wanted to know what you thought was better than Sanctuary. The only contender you actually listed was Ashita no Joe, wow you're a fucking mug.

Please recommend some great manga senpai.

SIEG

This.

>Devilman
My sides

Best side characters.

HEIL

Kurosawa is the worst famous FKMT manga.

I can understand not liking SZS because of the jokes or because of the ending, but if you don't at least understand Devilman's value for manga as a whole you are out of your mind.

H-h-hayai!

Siege of Sai boosted the whole manga from 7/10 to 10/10

>Kurosawa is the worst famous FKMT manga.
A) That's not even an insult and
B) Your opinion is wrong on the basis that Akagi is worse.

Yeah I fucking said it. And I love Akagi, it's one of my all time favourites but Kurosawa is markedly better.

Devilman was only good because it was so different to what else was made at the time. Other than that Go Nagai has written far better things involving the Devilman saga and characters from the Devilman universe.

Here.

Ongoing, still god-tier manga.

What a shitty ending to a just-above-average manga.

What the point of baiting here?

Devilman Lady is fine at best and straight up bad at worst.
Shin Devilman is fun but that's about it. It's not good.
The Nagai Neo Devilman chapters are good, but considering they only work in conjunction with the main Devilman story it's not fair to rate them by themselves.
Amon I haven't read.
Devilman vs. Hades was good, I agree with that one.
The Getter Robo and Cyborg 009 crossovers were fine, but not great. Especially the C:009 one.
Devilman G and Violence Jack I'll admit I haven't read.
Never read the Sirene spin off or Dynamic Heroes either.
Adding to that, I disagree with your statement about how Devilman was only good because of how different it was. The art alone makes it top tier just because of how stylish and memorable it is, and that is excluding the artstyle itself which is also nice as far as I'm concerned, but it looks wonky sometimes so it's down to personal preference.
The story itself while somewhat cliché was augumented by the masterful execution.
This is not really related to the point but I'll say it anyway. For once Nagai's fetishes actually helped develop the story which makes the whole thing better since you can tell he had fun while drawing the series.

I Am A Hero
Innocent
Kokou No Hito

Aside from those, the rest of this thread has great taste, too. I wish I could get back into Manga again.

I liked it more than the anime.

What's that from? Google search isn't giving me anything.

>MY FATHER DIED
Masterful indeed.

A little oneshot about delinquents.

HxH xD

>you can't have funny moments in a serious manga
Nice one.

What an awful clusterfuck. It still frustrates me to this day that I fell for the Urasawa meme.

Underrated manga desu.

>serious manga
It's 100% comedy.

This one actually fits the bill.

Is Urasawa the most overrated mangaka of all time? Or is that Seo?
I guess Asano is pretty close too but he's not as bad as those other two hacks so I'm not sure about him.

Find a flaw.

There are funny moments in Devilman you fuck, but that scene was not intended as one. I love Devilman, I love Go Nagai, I love Violence Jack, I love Cutey Honey and I love Mazinger Z. But the original Devilman manga is not that good, it's best quality is how different it is compared to manga from the time, how Go Nagai's artstyle breaks from norms with harsh lines, graphic depictions of violence and nudity, with occult and perverse themes. But that doesn't some how make it better than a manga with years worth of planning and collaborations between artist and writer. It doesn't compare to those series, it's good, it's brilliant for it's time, but it's only legendary for what effect it had upon manga.

>Devilman and *insert safe choice here* are good but I won't spoonfeed you the legendary ones ;)

It's a thread for posting them you fag, fuck off or contribute if you wanna talk shit

That salty Urasawa hate
Why aren't there any Akira pics btw

Maybe could have been if the ending wasn't such an asspull. Even Tenma losing would have been better.

Hate on it if you want but I'd say this qualifies as legendary.

Umieneko when seagulls cry

Other than the already mentioned Slam Dunk and Ashita no Joe, which sports manga would you say stand out among the rest?

I'm looking for recommendations, yes.

It does tell the story of a Legend...

Ace of Diamond
Prince of Tennis
Hajime no Ippo

these are okay but i dont really read sports manga

Rookies

The worst of the worst, nice list.

>There are funny moments in Devilman you fuck
That's what I said, yes.
>but that scene was not intended as one
I always took it as one because it resembles other comedic scenes from his other works. It's the exact same style of comedy Nagai used in stuff like Getter Robo or that Mazinger sequel with the greek inspiration.
>But that doesn't some how make it better than a manga with years worth of planning and collaborations between artist and writer
I don't see why not. Only because people work together for a lot of years it doesn't mean their work have to be good. I mean, just look at Ohba and Obata (arguably the most famous writer/artist duo); they just keep producing mediocre works one after the other even though they should be creating masterworks, considering Obata has a nice art and Ohba has fun ideas.
I thought Devilman was more famous than SZS?
I didn't mean to sound pretentious, but I really dislike how people don't want to lurk, that's all.
I'll stop replying after this post because you are right.

they're not so bad

Ace at least breaks from the mold due to the protagonist being completely overshadowed by his rival

Prince has fun matches

Ippo used to be way better but it still manages to be entertaining and is just funny

Attack n.1
Captain Tsubasa
Touch
Yawara

Cross Game, One Outs and Takkoku!!! are as good as it gets while avoiding the titles mentioned already.

Akira
Gunnm
Lone Wolf&Cub
Ayako
Phenix
Buddha
Solanin
Land of the Cherry Blossoms
A distant neighborhood
Maison Ikkoku
Touch
AnJ
Slam Dunk
2001 night stories
7seeds
Basara
Monster
Why not 20THCB tho?

Then please enlighten us with your great selection of manga

>Maison Ikkoku
I'm currently reading it. It's quite nice. I thought it was overrated considering how many people praise it but it turns out no one actually mentioned the funniest character of the manga and how nice it is to read Rumiko hijinks in general.

Cross Game (Adachi's other works probably too, but haven't tried out any), Zero (Matsomoto's Ping Pong probably too, though haven't tried that out yet). Happy! is pretty fun too.

Indeed. I thought it was mediocre at best when I read it, but I look fondly back for some reason.

Versailles no bara
Candy Candy
Devilman
Harlock (and everything by the same author)
Hokuto no Ken
Maison Ikkoku
Dragon Ball
One piece
Ranma1/2
Urusei yatsura
City Hunter
Cat's Eyes
Glass no Kamen
Saint Seiya
Berserk
Kaiji
GTO
etc (the list is really long)

I can't say anything is 'legendary' for most of the still ongoing, (sometimes recent) manga.

Are Tokyopop series Sup Forums? Can we talk about that weird mermaid one?

That's good

Basara was a splendid ride, I'm so glad I got used to the special graphics.

Prove me wrong

no

Since the other guy asked about sports manga, what are the best battle shounen?

Dragonball is still the best one.
The only people that disagree haven't read the manga or have only read it during their childhood so they think they like it because of nostalgia when it's actually really good.

On the top of my head:
Black Jack
Touch!
Doraemon
Eyeshield 21
Megumi no Daigo
Shounen no Jikenbo
Monster
Basara
That one manga about a guy climbing mountains

GTO is one of those things I will never understand why people like, it has pretty mediocre art and the artist doesn't seem to give to shit about improving for the past 2 decades he's been drawing the same hideously generic faces and expressions. The comedy is the most childish thing I've encountered and the writing in general is just well childish. It's not like I'm comparing it to some 12 Angry Men or some drama which is not supposed to be, but even then it's shit.

The Summit of the Gods / Kamigami no Itadaki?

Hunter x Hunter is pretty good, people give it shit but come on, everyone knows it's very good. And I haven't read it but Houshin Engi looks pretty dope.

Kokou no Hito I assume.

is there a hitler manga?
SAUCE.

He probably means Kokou no Hito.

Nah, it starts with some kid climbing a school and soon he got addicted to climbing. He explores his past drama in each climb if I remember correctly

Is this actually good?
I first found it because I mistyped Yuru Yuri but I never bothered actually reading it.

googled it, what the actual fuck
gotta read it

HxH interests me greatly, but I would hate to take on yet another manga that will have me waiting for actual story progress. Maybe I'll give it a shot, thanks.

Yup