Do you prefer watching anime while they air or wait so you can finish them in one sitting?

Do you prefer watching anime while they air or wait so you can finish them in one sitting?

Personally, I prefer to wait until a series is completed and then marathon them. Each episode connects better that way I think, and the flow is better. I don't feel like the story is being constantly interrupted by a week long break.

I think monster-of-the-week or SoL shows actually lose a lot when you watch them back to back; it's a lot easier to get burnt out on them, and personally I like them feeling of getting home after work and catching a show that just came out.

Depemds on the show, some shows are all about the pacing and the buildup, so marathoning it in a single go kinda fucks it up.

There are also laid-back shows like pic related that are best enjoyed at a slower pace.

Monster of the week gets boring as fucking waiting weekly knowing the same shit is gonna happen with a different coat. Atleast when binge watching you can skip though the boring shit.

If it's a show Sup Forums will talk about, it's always funner to watch it as it airs so you can keep up with the threads.

But I do like binge watching a series with a friend.

I prefer to watch as many episodes as I feel like watching in one sitting. But most of the time I'll end up watching it episodic if I really like it.

>Each episode connects better that way I think, and the flow is better
>every anime now rehashes last week's episode in the first few minutes or has a connect to it that reminds you what was going on
>being autistic enough to consider a feature 'interupted' by the weekly cycle
>not discussing the anime on Sup Forums
>not reading the source material before hand so you don't actually care about watching it while airing
Is this your first post?

>not discussing the anime on Sup Forums

Why the actual fuck should I want to discuss anything with you Sup Forumsspies?

>le netflix binge culture
Fuck off to reddit

Why else are you here, friend?

One week at a time, I pick up a lot of shows and waiting for everything to finish would be too long plus I'm impatient.

You're doing it right now.

>a tripshit being an ADHD autist
What a surprise

Have a guess.

I don't actually enjoy watching most anime. Most of them are shit. Rarely, an actually decent one comes along that gets my interest, but in order to judge it to be good the entire season has to be out already. In that case, it's win/win because I'll be able to marathon it.

That said, I still watch most anime as it airs, even if it's shit, because I enjoy the Sup Forums threads. That's my primary reason for watching anime, actually. It's not a bad thing if it's awful, it's actually better since it generates better shitstorms.

>Personally
thanks for the blog, now fuck off

Really depends. Most shows are better week by week, but there are definitely some that I would've liked more if I had the opportunity to watch it all in one sitting.

I haven't watched anime in 1 month after like 500series, I just came here to have a look and maybe shitpost.

Surely it's because you like spending quality time with your fellow Sup Forumsnons?

You don't have a backlog?

but why are you trying so hard.

Just because people who go on reddit and watch Netflix are into binge watching things doesn't mean it's a type of behavior exclusive to those types of people. There's nothing inherently wrong with choosing to binge watch something (unless you can come up with something), stop trying to fit in so hard, you're anonymous, nobody cares.

One episode per week. Shitting on the latest chinese cartoons with Sup Forums is half the fun

I like watching it with you guys

Years worth of backlog.
Then marathon them when Blurays are done.
Most anime isnt worth to rewatch so I want best possible quality without steam or lightsabers.

My autism is strong enough to distaract me while I wait

>you can skip though the boring shit.
If you're skipping through shit that's an obvious indication that the show in question isn't worth watching.

>skip
>Not watching in 1.5X

The autism is strong in this one.

Also, if you marathon at the end of the season, you're basically giving up on any discussion during the broadcast. Judging by OP's post, this might be a good thing.

I watch something i'm really hype for weekly. Unless I know it's going to have cliffhangers every episode. The the rest I stock up and watch during down time or when a particular season is lackluster. Though this bites me in the ass sometimes when I completely forget about some shows. Like I still haven't watched Gate or anime iron chef and some other stuff.

Fuck off 3DPD.

it depends on how the threads are.
generally i prefer to marathon, but sometimes threads have really comfy discussions.
it also depends on the show. i'm marathoning arslan senki and classroom crisis right now and i think this is probably the best way to watch those.
well, with CC i wish i was here when it aired in order to help its reputation.

Did they fuck? This is important.

I pretty much can't watch anything until it's over now. This is the true nature of those so called wizard powers.

People have been binge watching anime before netflix was even a thing.

If you're going to desperately try to fit in at least do it right instead of embarassingly exposing yourself to be the clueless fuckwit that you are.

watchin airing shows weekly and backlog shows whenever i feel like

>Did they fuck?
Only off-screen.

Action shows, one episode per week
Romance/Comedy/Anything else, binge if at all

Honestly, any anime nowadays isn't worth watching unless you watched it when it was airing.

But you see, part 3 jojo was worth watching when they reached Dio.

So it was good i skipped though most of the boring shit.

If you watch anime to argue with retards you're probably not an anime fan but an argumentative asshole.