Gun control debate, is using the fact that cars claim more lives than guns yearly yet we don't ban cars...

Gun control debate, is using the fact that cars claim more lives than guns yearly yet we don't ban cars, so why would we outright ban guns, a valid point or no

One shouldnt compare apples to oranges. This extends to not comparing two very unlike nations/cultures when debating the efficacy of fun control.
>muh island
>muh historically low rate of ownership
>muh lack of niggers

Anyway, to add to your misguided point, cars are highly-regulated and licensed (not a right) and they still kill more people that the "killing machines" that most people possess

bitch why cant fruit be compared

Citrus is as citrus does.

why is alcohol still legal? More people die from drunk drivers and think of all the rapes caused by alcohol. Nobody needs scotch. Who needs an 18 or even a 30 pack of beer!?! Some people have multiple felony duis and there is no background check that prevents them from buying more alcohol. Children get access to booze all the time and are far more likely to die of alcohol poisoning. There is literally no reason for alcohol to be legal except to get ugly people laid and make unfunny people tolerable.
I'll agree to a gun ban when everybody else agrees to an alcohol ban. What now fat girls?

Tobacco related deaths kill more people than guns. We’re not making laws against it. A co worker is allowed to smoke next to you all day, slowly killing you with second hand smoke. Any outrage over the thousands of deaths?

I literally just want to talk about this because as a Canadian I don't know American stuff. I agree that alcohol is ridiculous and a problem. I don't want to ban guns either I don't think it would help as much as just having different laws.

Anyways, I just want to know why people say you can't compare gun deaths to car deaths. Things like the Vegas incident don't happen daily or even monthly and when they do it's an issue of the person behind the gun yet people say, enough! Time to ban them all.
Whereas car deaths happen a lot more often and no one wants to ban them, they just change the laws like texting and driving. Heavy fines for breaking the laws.

I don't know where you live but where I live in Canada you can't just smoke anywhere. Gotta be away from buildings in smoking areas, unless you're out in a park or something you can smoke but just walk away from these people if you don't want to get second hand. Either way I'm not saying that i don't think smoking is a problem, cancer kills way more people than guns and I wish there were laws against smoking. People would be thankful in however long it took them to get over being angry. All i want to know is what people think about the inevitable argument for banning guns.

www.cdc.gov

around ~30k year people die due to guns. 20k due to suicide; 10k to homicide.

If you want to save lives, ban high fructose corn syrup. Obesity kills way more people than guns do every year.

>doesn't understand idiom of "apples and oranges"
AUTISM

Work is the operative word. What would happen to you if you walked away from work? Maby in Canada, you can just cry all day and get paid for it, but you need to be physically present and actively working here to keep your job. My co worker isn’t supposed to smoke in the company truck. He does and the boss knows it. I can’t stop him and jobs are hard to find if you quit every time you work with a smoker.
Some of us actually have to live in reality. The CDC says more people die every day from second hand smoke, than gun violence. But let’s focus on small shit like once a year psychopaths instead of things that are killing more people than guns.

>ban high fructose corn syrup
I am so sick of the the HFCS meme. There is no proof that it is any more dangerous than cane sugar. The reason people got fatter is because HFCS drove down prices due to the massive corn subsidy in the US. Responding to the obesity epidemic by increasing the price of food is fucking retarded.

Umm no sweetie your pic is more like this;

White people: "BLM is too violent if black people want to be taken seriously they need to protest peacefully"
Black person: *Injects a political movement into your non-political hobbies*
White people: wtf get these politics out of my hobby
Black person: WTF ever happened to free speech we're protesting peacefully haha fucking crackers snowflakes

a gun won't fucking take you to wal-mart

Cars need: a registration record stored by the government, mandatory insurance, you to pass a test, can be taken away from you if you fuck up while using one.

Sure, sounds good to me. Lets do all of that for guns as well.

A valid point, leaf.

delete this

tell these retarded people they're trying to gun grab while people are dying in puerto rico

what the fuck is wrong with them?

you don't need any of that to drive a car, you can drive a car without any of that so long as you stay off the highways

no

Cars have a use. Other than killing people, guns don't. So no, not a valid point.

Hard to kill somebody with a car if you stay on your own private property.

It's not valid because gun ownership is protected explicitly by the constitution whereas car ownership is not.

Because there's nothing to compare. All of their characteristics are very different, so there is no common ground on which to judge them. The differences between them cannot be measured in any meaningful way.

Analogies are garbage tier arguments.
You need guns to prevent government from going tyrannical. There's literally no counter argument to that aside from "muh tanks and muh drones" and they hold no water, since tanks and drones cant enforce tyranny at every street corner.
Take Cucknada for example. What will you do when your government takes away your white child for reeducation because he called his tranny schoolmate a he? They will give him away to married faggots as a sextoy. Oh that Achmed fucking 9 yo? Its his culture. You will suck a dick and do nothing or die behind bars if you do.
Ameritards will grab their guns and entire states will go full civil war. Here lies the difference.

>Other than killing people, guns don't.
But that's a legitimate use.

Ok then compare the murders with cars being used as a weapon, in Europe a lot, in the states and now in Canada, Edmonton, terrorist stabbed a gun then hit a bunch with a car. So no the car is being used as a weapon same as the gun.

I'm fucking talking about apples and oranges.

This is why Americans are essentially white niggers: no value of life.

>you can drive a car without any of that so long as you stay off the highways
or any public road you fucking retard

Preventing crimes and tyranny is more useful than private transportation by far since car can be substituted by public transport and nothing can substitute being armed.

As opposed to you who values live of paki scum higher than their children? Pff.

You want a kissy pal?! I don't understand what you want from me pretty boi

This is why britbongs are essentially small island folk. No sense of what is fucking theirs

Stop using this gay wood elf tongue and speak American already. I could not have been more clear!

You rearing for a smooch buddy? Cause I'll friggin smooch anyone. Bring up fruit again Nd I'll pucker up

T. Bong

interesting. but even if the canadian shot the officials who want to take away your child you could no longer live in that country.

>When Trump decides to put minorites into concentration camps, you'll wish you still have your guns

black people are stealing knee caps now?

Niggers kill way more people than whites. Ban niggers.

>>hur dur cars kill people why not ban cars

The correct argument is that the pursuit of driver less cars (government working in concert with private companies to work the kinks out) will save more lives, be less controversial AND grow the economy.
A life is a life, if you're serious about reducing death then lets do things that actually reduce death. Otherwise you're just an emotional little bitch

Thanks for the answer, that's why I posted the question.

>playing mental gymnastics to try and seem smart

>driver less cars
>will save more lives
> grow the economy.

well sure got save lives if paco and cletus cant get any trucker jobs more and they starve to death, meanwhile the robojew will rebel against you and will slaughter you if they pass the point of full automation.

Its the Trumpcuck way

Don't have to play anything.

You weak losers will never get our guns. Never. You'll whine about it, and post about it on facebook to your social science tier friends, and be scared, and listen to your late night messiahs, but you will never get them.

No laws limiting ownership will be passed, no confiscation will occur, you will always lose hahaha.

You ok man

>cars claim more lives than guns yearly yet we don't ban cars

1- Cars save more lives than they take indirectly. It's because of cars that the emergence can get in time where they need to be, and it's how we produce a lot of money (which is invested in public health programs)

2- Cars aren't made to kill, and you actually need to prove you know how to drive, and that you're not crazy to get a car. For guns you literally doesn't need even background check in some states.

3- it's way easier to avoid a car

4- we actually NEED more regulations on people to have cars, so that kind of kills your point.

The vast amount of gun related crime DOES NOT come from registered, lawful gun owners. By implementing gun laws all you're doing is giving criminals and police more power. The amount of deaths that come from cars, medical malpractice, health issues, etc completely dwarf gun related crime in the first place... try to think about why the bigger problems aren't targeted first.
Additionally, there have been numerous studies that show how criminals would not commit the crime they were charged with if they knew the home owner or store owner was carrying.
Think about how much you hate guns... now think about how you're going to call somebody who has a gun to help you when shit goes down.
Contrary to popular belief, if everybody had a gun then any deranged shooter would be killed on the spot before they could continue killing or have to wait for the police/SWAT to show up.
The real issue here are snowflake, retard liberals and Democrats. Their stupidity and lack of common sense in exchange for 'muh feelings' is, on a bigger subject, destroying one freedom of this country after another.
Take note of every state that's predominately Democratic... now take note of that states housing, lack of jobs, crime rates, etc.

>The vast amount of gun related crime DOES NOT come from registered, lawful gun owners
Because a good portion of those doesn't even need to register.

I should also point out that how a death occur is more relevant than number of deaths. 9/11 shouldn't be an issue if you put it simply in number of deaths.

>if everybody had a gun then any deranged shooter would be killed on the spot before they could continue killing
Like in Vegas.

But seriously now.. the issue i have with guns is how useless they are 90% of the time. Let me tell you something: if someone wants to kill you, he will kill you and there is nothing you can do about it. He will just point a gun to your head and shoot, and then take your stuff (including your gun). Having a gun won't help you in most cases. Don't assume crimminals are stupid.

That said i am in favor of having a handgun in your house (because there you actually have a chance of defense), but NOT walking around with it. That's just retarded.

besides the amount of people they murder.

Let's compare granny smiths to golden delicious.

BLACK PEOPLE ARE NUMBER ONE PERPETUATORS OF GUN VIOLENCE.

FAGGOT ASS LEAF

Why are niggers still legal? Look at how many people they kill every year.

I can own any car I want without insurance or registry if I keep it at my home

I would gladly agree to keep it at my home if I can own any gun I want

Most of them are not purchased legally regardless of registration

Niggers on average can't own good guns due to felonly restrictions for instance and all gun stores check this.

>a valid point or no
No
The only valid point is The American Constitution aknowledges the right to bear arms as an unalienable right and that those truths are held to be self-evident.
The debate really begins and ends there.
Debates about the moral implications of this and that as it pertains to guns is for countries where that debate isn't settled and the Government just makes up the rules as it goes along without any regard for a foundational moral framework in which to hold the debate.
Countries like Canada and Britain, ya know, where the citizens are property/subjects of the Government.

DAILY REMINDER

if you ever want to shut down liberals and have them back track on muh guns ask them why we don't make possessing a illegal firearm punishable with life in prison which as a extreme gun enthusiast I have never met anyone like me who would find a problem with this being a legal gun owner.

No liberal politician would support this because it would result In massive black incarceration instead they only want to make legal gun owners suffer.

This.

Gun ownership is a right. Its not a policy issue where you weigh the pros and cons and come to a practical decision. If you get rid of one of the fundamental rights guaranteed in the constitution you are getting rid of the whole idea behind our form of govt.

I would agree with this, don’t care about niggers getting incarcerated for possessing illegal guns