Find a better female anime character than Oscar

Find a better female anime character than Oscar

>Controls the royal army of france
>Unparalleled swordsman and gunman
>LITERALLY everyone wants to get with her, man, woman, shota, loli because of her god given beauty
>She rejects one of the most important nobles of the country
>She also rejects the future king's affections
>Basically heads the french revolution
>Generally takes shit from nobody
>Became an iconic role model for girls in Japan, France and Italy because she was such a fucking badass

you can't

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_24_Group)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_Wars_of_Religion
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Sakura chan!

>french revolution
>good

It would have been if she stayed around.

The revolution is but the result of the previous regime.

my waifu

my husbando

Spotted the britbong.

>rejects the future king's affections
Only because he was a shota with a terminal disease. She says it herself she almost became the next queen of France.

I think she might have been joking a little, but I don't remember the context of that.

She was, I was forcing it. But the first part of the post is true. Who knows what would have happened if the kid wasn't terminally ill. Considering how Oscar felt about Antoinette it wouldn't be so surprising if she seriously considered it.

There would probably be enough in the way preventing it.

>destruction of French Catholicism, rape, mass murder, and extreme corruption
>good because a fat bastard became king

The Cult of Reason turned Notre Dame de Paris into a damn food store and destroyed priceless art, among many other things.

>Became an iconic role model for girls in Japan, France and Italy

She's a good role model unlike western kids that get slut princesses that jump at the first cock they see.

I'm assuming Rosalie is the loli then ?

Which is why it would have gone better if Oscar was there.

I was thinking more her half sister, the one who commits suicide (if I'm remembering this right).

Oscar should have conspired with the revolutionaries to become king of France and start a constitutional monarchy with a popularly elected parliament. That would solve literally every problem with minimal shedding of blood.

That episode was so good it alone justified Rosalie being a character at all.

mary sue

I honestly think it's fascinating that Japan has a long history of manga for girls wich have become memorable, remembered and respected. (Lady oscar, Princess Knight, Candy dandy)

That would have been amazing.

i'm currently reading the manga and opening this thread was a terrible idea

I'm willing to bet that Ikuhara's biggest inspiration for his work overall was Versailles no Bara. There are just so many similarities in terms of aesthetics and mood

Yes, you are correct. Dezaki's work in general.

>The Cult of Reason turned Notre Dame de Paris into a damn food store and destroyed priceless art, among many other things.
The Revolution's done more damage than the Hundred Years War and the Wars of Religion combined.

It all goes back to Princess Knight ultimately which then takes inspiration from the Takarazuka Revue and Disney.

That's a girly man. Oscar's a manly girl.

>wars of religion
No such thing exists, a concept cannot be in war.

>Basically heads the french revolution
There's a pretty big flaw right there. Filthy revolutionary dog. I still love her though

To be fair, she was doing it more correctly.

Not gay enough

Is there any other shoujo series that comes close to being as good as Rose of Versailles? I tried Utena but I didn't like it that much

That would have been my first suggestion, yes.

Aim for the Ace, Oniisama e.., Akage no Anne, Heidi, Princess Sarah, Ojamajo Doremi.

>implying mudslimes in Paris aren't doing worse

>good because a fat bastard became king
Not sure who you're referring to. Nobody said that anyways.
>destruction of French Catholicism
That was a good thing, in my book. It culminated with the eventual separation of church and state.

Soral please, nobody likes you.

Only in respect to Utena and perhaps SM, he distanced himself a lot from anything similar to RoV in his recent stuff.

>There are just so many similarities in terms of aesthetics and mood
Not any more than there are for most of the Year 24 Group (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_24_Group) Even the themes are similar, taking after german coming of age novels. Ikuhara is just a huge 70's shojo fanboy.

>That was a good thing, in my book. It culminated with the eventual separation of church and state.
Opinion discarded

>actual grenouille de bénitier
Likewise.

Literally every anime character is better than htis unrealistic Mary Sue. Especially in older anime. Kys, pleb reverse trap fancier.

>That was a good thing, in my book. It culminated with the eventual separation of church and state.
Va te pendre.

Last time I checked, Muslims in Paris didn't destroy every single statue in the city, desecrated corpses or sold every single manuscript of value to the English.

>No such thing exists, a concept cannot be in war.
It's an accepted historiographic concept. Go be a moron somewhere else.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_Wars_of_Religion

This thread is sure full of rabid salty royalists. I like how the FR guys have started the fire so that in 200 odd years it still rises in just about every thread they are mentioned. Truly big guys.

>defending religion, catholicism of all things

>It's an accepted historiographic concept.
Historians are materialist idiots.

Wars cannot be caused by religion, there are always ulterior motives that come first; religion is how they attempt to justify it.
religion is bad because this guy on youtube said so

But that's still what it's called.

Irrelevant; they were not caused by Catholicism so comparing them to the crimes done by the Cult of Reason/Cult of the Supreme Being and other atheist associates, which were in the name of secularism, is fallacious.

ok I just finished the manga, and it's a masterpiece, anyone who says otherwise is objectively wrong

He wasn't comparing them, he was contrasting their effect when you said they "didn't exist."

It really felt like I just "read" an epic opera. Everything was so grandiose and turnt up to the nth level. I think its incredible how Riyoko Ikeda manages to create truly a love story for girls but turns it into something so much greater and grandiose. I'm kind of at a loss for words since i just finished

>tfw about 10 years since I finished RoV
>tfw I'll never read/watch it for the first time again
>tfw scareed to go back to it now, because I think I've become too old and cynical to appreciate it
>also have become quite a nerd at 18th century history and afraid inaccuracies will irk me

Honestly envy you, famalam

>love story

I wouldn't really call it a love story since it's not really the main focus no? More like a historical drama.

He literally name-dropped RoV in Penguindrum.

Also, the song Yuri sings on stage sounds very similar to the RoV Opening theme.

It's pretty historically accurate, user.

Rosalie's story is one of the only inaccuracies, as far as I'm aware.

But Fersen didn't love Oscar.

A name drop is a homage, it's no secret Ikuhara was majorly influenced by that style, I'm just saying his recent stuff doesn't have nearly as much in common with it as something like Utena, which is great, since it means his style evolves.