Prof: 'meritocracy' is a 'whiteness ideology'

> A Pennsylvania State University-Brandywine professor thinks college faculty need to do more to undermine their students' belief in "meritocracy" and the value of "hard work."
> The students are "are socialized to believe that we got to where we are…because of our own individual efforts," according to the prof, who wants colleagues to stop "perpetuating and reifying whiteness."

campusreform.org/?ID=9874

So... "if I work hard, I can be successful" is "white ideology" now? I suppose it's time to amend it to "if others work hard, I can be successful."

Other urls found in this thread:

tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/17475759.2017.1380068?journalCode=rjic20&
youtube.com/watch?v=d0TFayRZeS8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This woman could chuck a nutso fit if you tried telling her that each percentage of african dna is a closer correlate of crime than each percentage wealth bracket.

In a way that stat only proves her right. "Work hard to succeed" is definitely opposite to African thinking.

Ah, found the original paper. This should be good.

tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/17475759.2017.1380068?journalCode=rjic20&

well, she accepts it's not hard work, so what is it, if not GOOD BREEDING?

It's true. Success boils down to who you know not what you know. Effort means nothing in this world.

It should be given up because it’s patent bullshit. The most successful get where they are by exploiting social relationships rather than intelligence or “hard work”. This can basically proven as fact. Having the right connections is vastly more important than being good.

I fucking hate communists

Sure get rid of meritocracy, that's gonna go well in the long term, especially in fields like healthcare and engineering.

>So... "if I work hard, I can be successful" is "white ideology" now?
I dont know about that. It is flawed ideology however.

While its true if you work hard you are more likely to end up better off than if you did not, it is not true to say that where one is, is a result of their own hard work. This is a dangerous deceit. A person can play the hand they are dealt better or worse, but they can not choose their hand.

The issue is that this leads to two bad ideologies, both of which are equally incorrect. On one hand, we have the current prevailing idea that people who have success feel they actually earned that, all by themselves, and that they deserve it. This is false. On the other hand, people like the girl mentioned in the OP undoubtedly want to push the idea that nobody has any responsibility at all for things, that they are where they are entirely due to circumstance and chance. This is also false. This line of thinking encourages people to not try and is destructive to people and societies.

The correct way of thinking is realizing that people are not responsible for their position but are responsible for what they do with it. The correct way of thinking is that everyone tries as best they can for the collective betterment, for the sake of society, not for themselves. This is what Hitler wanted.

Just look at the jews and rappers

>make no effort in improving your social skills and connections
>have no social skills and connections

It's the official female hairstyle of "I'm not black but my kids are."

>they still hire Steve because his daddy went to school with the CEO

is this another rachel dolezal

she's right. if you don't have friends or if your parents don't have contacts, you won't get a job.

you can be the best student with the best degree, it means jack shit in the real world. this professor is trying to teach nepotism rules the world, and she's right.

Looks like a Jew.

kek i love when they reveal that they think that blacks are objectively worse.

youtube.com/watch?v=d0TFayRZeS8

thats why i dont fall for the guilt meme. i dont believe that blacks are to be pitied, if you respect someone as a person you should compete with them not make them sit on the sidelines while you say "sit down sweetie, let me handle this". very very disrespectful.

>implying it doesn't takes efforts to build and maintain your social network
Though you are partially right, people are bluepilled by school and society and put efforts in to the wrong direction

the sheer tenacity of these people to continue to twist logic and invent bullshit just to get around the simple fact that people with different genetic backgrounds may not be intellectually equal never ceases to amaze me.

the default normie viewpoint is:
>black people aren't as smart as white people in the US because they grow up poor and don't have opportunities
so we give them extra opportunities, and they still continue to fail
>we should reward effort, not outcome
k, so you're basically being a "racist", saying black people are inherently less capable than white people.
>n-n-no NAZI RACIST REEEE

how do they live with themselves?

>So... "if I work hard, I can be successful" is "white ideology"
Yes, everyone else has figured out if you sxream racism or sexism you get by doing absolutely nothing.

Meanwhile, how fucking successful is this victims get theirs shit? Between diversity hiring and then said minority makes demands that being forced to show up to work every day is racist they could tank the entire economy with whinger privilege.

We sure this engineering is the juice and not chyna?
:

Bill gates tier success often comes down being at the right place at the right, but that doesn't mean every level of success requires that luck.

This prof is from a half hour over from me. I didn't expect this from my neck of the woods, but not surprising.
>Implying social skills aren't innate
>Thinking an aspie has any real chance in this world.