Just finished Seirei no Moribito

Just finished Seirei no Moribito

Am I a pleb for loving it? I feel like the world was so nicely built and the characters were all so like-able. Balsa boosted herself into my top-tier of waifus, no contest

What are your opinions

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AGojErG_Ryw
google.com/search?q=seirei no moribito live action
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Great show but the prince getting pregnant was weird as fuck

Alright yea for sure I can agree with that.

Not so much the pregnant thing, but when they're pulling it out and hes going through labor throes, wailing and shit, was pretty wonky

Hands down the fights scenes were the best.

Show was well liked when it was on but that was years ago.

>Show was well liked when it was on but that was years ago.

Too bad it wasn't by japan. The show takned there. It's why we didn't get further seasons based on the other books.

>tfw only the first two novels came out in English
I feel like if they or somebody else tried again now during this English LN boom and properly marketed the series towards weebs instead of kids the series would do much better.

In a genre plagued by light novels, Moribito is a light shining in darkness for fantasy anime.

Bonus points: Female MC, male love interest doesn't make her inexplicably incompetent and retarded to make him look good

Any idea why it bombed there? I'm guessing that many anime with stronk female protagonists flounder there. I could be wrong though, I'm a new-weab

Did you start it because you saw my thread that the mod deleted? Or the one where I complained about formulaic high-fantasy and someone recommended it?

I finished it yesterday too. It was good, but honestly it felt like it went down in quality the moment they got to the lake. All those soldiers showed up and Balsa didn't even notice they were right behind them? I mean, granted they -could- have come from another direction, and the soldiers didn't even serve any purpose, but still. After that the writing just wasn't as good, right up to Balsa leaving the temple without her spear.

Still loved the world-building and I hope they make a series out of the other 12 volumes. I was just listening to youtube.com/watch?v=AGojErG_Ryw

>Any idea why it bombed there?

Because moeshit is my assumption. It's why we didn't get further seasons of Birdy.

>tfw only the first two novels came out in English

I coulda swore I've heard of people owning the entire series translated into english. Though if that's not actually the case than I'm saddened. I was hoping to start reading Moribito after I finished the Witcher series when TLoTL comes out next year.

What? It even got a live action.

>Am I a pleb for loving it?
yes if you need a certificate from strangers on the internet for liking anything

It was pretty good

Balsas dick sucking lips are a gift from god

>It even got a live action.

Prove it.

I'd watch it.

Also, you have to remember who the majority of the demographic is over there.

Try watching Kemono no Souja, which is also done by the same author of Seirei no Moribito. Pace is pretty slow in the first half, but gets a lot more serious in the second half.

>I coulda swore I've heard of people owning the entire series translated into english.

Maybe it's different for other countries or maybe there is a fan translation scene or something but in the States only the first two books (of 12) were officially released in English.

>top-tier of waifus
lurk for 2 years before posting and watch more anime

Nah.

it was really good, I found it while I was desperately looking for something similar to The Last Airbender or The Legend of Korra

This is better than both of those shit shows.

No, it's one of my 10/10 anime. And one of the best female MC ever.

Also, S2 never ever.

I can't help to think of TLA as some kind of masterpiece

I admittedly enjoyed TLA. LOK not so much.

The climax/ending ruined any chance it had for a sequel. The SOL parts while decent, weren't what people who enjoyed the action scenes signed up for. Literally 3-4 fights in the whole show worth a damn spread over what? 24 episodes or something? And it's not like the politics were very intriguing either, worse than that gook shit that just finished with 65 chapters this week.

Imagine if Hikaru no Go only had 10-15 matches across the entire tv series. Even in a show that is only about guys slapping stones on a block of wood real loudly it'd be a huge loss.

And to top it off, you end it with some funky ass ayyy lmaaooos with some of the cheapest budget motions in the entire season.

At the very least, if the ending wasn't fighting random ass monsters that looked like level 3 fodder out of a JRPG with everyone uniting against them, maybe, just maybe the plot would matter.

But as it stands, the only thing that did matter that wasn't action was Balsa and the Prince's relationship and how they change throughout the series. Again, decent, but nothing groundbreaking, nothing unique, a far cry from the likes of Sai and Hikaru and Sai was an effeminate little bitch compared to Balsa.

I still don't know how I feel about LOK, but the worldbuilding and the animation and character designs and the overall potential of the series alone somehow manage to make me want to watch it again..for the rest i'd like to blame Nickelodeon

About half the show was anime original SOL filler.

It didn't bomb. It was an adaptation of an already popular set of light novels.

No wonder.

ova birdy > tv shit

Fantastic action, great story and charaters, would have loved to have seen Balsa and Tanda finally get it together, but as said before, season 2 is a no go

The live-action of Moribito is set to adapt all of the novels, hopefully this leads to a continued anime adaptation (though if it were I do not think all of the novels would be adapted into anime).

Sucks about no season 2, really wanted to see more of Jiguro & Balsa

It's on NHK, and it covers all the books

> Prove it.
google.com/search?q=seirei no moribito live action

It's a pretty high budget adaptation to boot. Great choreography, props and the works, though the acting can be a bit hammy occasionally. I guess that's almost inevitable with something like this produced in Japan.

>Kemono no Souja
Funny you mention that. I downloaded/watched both shows at the same time and while Seirei no Moribito was (from memory) pretty decent, Kemono no Souja Erin was great and stole all my viewing time.

Same author, eh? Didn't know that.