Goblin slayer: Helmet Edition

Discuss

Last thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

hotupub.com/serial/84-六朝清羽記
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Edition
>Link to last thread in the OP
How is this not a general? Fuck off faggot.

It's not even on page 10 yet, fuck off.

>Edition
no fuck you OP, dont turn this into a cancerous general

Ids doo lade

>no fuck you OP, dont turn this into a cancerous general
You cannot stop what is to come.

letting monster musume return from /jp/ was a mistake

Monster Musume has three threads across three boards at this point
It's like a tentacle of cancer

bringing monster musume to /jp/ was a mistake

You should have just gone with Helmets, remove the edition.

(From a chiense BBS)
Players: Swordman, Monk, Priestess, Mage

GM: Your party is entering the cave and, as humans, none of you have night vision.
Swordman: I will light a torch. You are not going to tell me to do a roll check, are you?
GM: Fine. As you lit the torch you can see your surrounding. The cave is big enough for an adult human to move around, but it is barely wide enough for 2 men side by side. The width is about 8 feet. Decide your turn order and place your character tokens here.

(The players placed the Swordman, Monk, Priestess, and Mage.)

GM: All of you are fine with this order? Good, so be it. Only the Swordman carries a torch? All of you will enter the cave this way (innocent voice)?
Everyone: Yeah yeah, we are going in.
GM: *Roll dice*......All of you enter the cave. About 50 feet in......the wall beside the mage suddenly caved in. 6 goblins jumped out of the hole. Let's see, okay, 4 in front of her and 2 behind.

Swordman: Wait a second. We didn't roll any Passive Wisdom check!
Monk: Yeah! If there was something wrong with the wall, we might have noticed it!
GM: I rolled it for you already. None of you have the Alert feat, and since only the Swordman has a torch, everyone else behind him gets -2 on checks. Stop your whining. You have been ambushed. First the Initative check *roll*. Everyone in front of the goblins is decked another -2.
Everyone: *roll* Fuck!
Mage: Mine's successful. Yes!

GM: Okay, the Mage goes first, then the goblins, then the Preiestess, the Swordman, and finally the Monk.
Mage: First thing to do in an outnumbered encounter is to thin out the opponents! I will finish off 1 first. I cast Fire Bolt *roll*
GM: The fireball hits Goblin A and you killed it. Now it's Goblin B and Goblin C's turn *roll*. They attacked and pushed you to the ground. Goblin D...*roll*, it snatched the staff from your hand. Goblin E......*roll*, it stabbed you in the stomach. The dagger is poisonous. Do a physical check.

Mage: The fuck! Why only me! *roll*
GM: You finished a goblin with one single spell. Have you ever heard of Aggro? Anyway you failed the check. You start to feel nausea and weakness of limbs. You are now immobile. Next, Priestess, your turn.
Priestess: Is this GG? I attack a goblin *roll*
Mage: Heal me first!
Priestess: I know, but I need to get close to you first!
GM: *roll*......Your attack missed, but the goblins stepped back.

Swordman: Finally it's my turn! I will slash at a goblin! *roll*
GM: *Roll*......You killed Goblin B.
Monk: I will move towards the rear of the party. Your Swordman is in my way! I can't get around you!
GM: Since the Mage is immobile, skipped. Goblin C...*roll*...D...*roll*...E...*roll*...F...*roll*. Anyway, Goblin D's attack hit the Swordman's leg.
Mage: Fuck!
Priestess: 1 only hit took out almost 1/3 of the Swordman's HP. Is this GG? I cast Curing Wounds on the Mage. *roll*
Mage: You didn't have Lesser Restoration?!
Priestess: That's a level 2 spell! And all of you told me to choose Blessing!
Swordman: I will attack Goblin D! *roll* 1 hit killed it!
Monk: Why did you get out of my way before you attack?!
GM: Too late. Anything else you want to do Priestess?
Priestess: I could, but I only cast 3 spells in total. Does your Swordman needs any healing?
Swordman: No need. Save it for when I get hit again.
GM: Okay. Goblin E attacks the Swordman *roll*. Oh, you died.
Swordman: Fuck......and I am dead?
GM: Too bad you didn't heal when you had the chance, nor did you buy a better set of armor. Anyway there are 3 goblins remaining.
Swordman: Then you should have given us a bigger initial fund!

Monk: ......I attack Goblin E *roll*
Priestess: I can drag the Mage's body out of harm's way, yes?
GM: Yes. *roll* Goblin F successfully grabs your Monk's leg. All your following checks will suffer a penalty. The rackus from this fight has attracted a Hobgoblin to here.
Swordman: God damn it we are getting raped and you are still sending in new monsters?!
GM: Well they are all on my DM notes. Too bad for you.
Monk: Isn't it my turn now? I attack the Hobgoblin! *roll*
GM: Your attack failed. It's the Hobgoblin's turn. *roll* It bludgeoned you against a wall. You are knocked out by the attack. Your character is a girl, yes? All the other goblins pile onto you. *roll* They have succeeded.
Monk: *Filps table* This shitty game!

Rogue: *Opens room door* Sorry I am late, how's the ga......What are you all doing? And why is the GM lying on the ground? Did you all got GG by him again?

Wait
Is this actually how the story is written?

>Is this GG
Is this her catchphrase

>Stop your whining. You have been ambushed.
What a meanie

Looks like a comedic interpretation of how players would react to this situation in a tabletop environment.

The GM is kind of a dick

>All the other goblins pile onto you. *roll* They have succeeded.
>not rolling for sex

When you're used to running games where preparing for a quest is imperative to success (like Shadowrun) sometimes it's best to teach your players a harsh lesson.

I'm used to running games where my group likes to fuck me over by provoking level 70+ godtiers when they're level 10 and I have to find a way to wriggle out of it.

funny that chinese has better fantasy novels than japs trash WN. Even those one made for fapping purpose

That's why you read stuff like Jashin Average.

chapter 2 when?

No, fuck off, all Chinks have are a million wuxia clones and garbage like In a world with Naruto system.

>all Chinks have are a million wuxia clones and garbage like In a world with Naruto system
That's like saying all the nips have are a million shonenshit. You gotta look for the gems.

Literally dumped last thread.

you just read shit, how about trying this one: hotupub.com/serial/84-六朝清羽記

tfw no amount of comfy will EVER bring back tomboy fighter

>edition

>Monk, now in Color

>What are boars in UK
>What are exctinct species
>Axolotl in mexico
>Mexican grizzly
>Newfoundland wolf
>Jamaican rice rat
>Etc

>Do planning for goblin slaying quest
>prepare data, map and shit
>suddenly table filled with food
>people sat without even asking
>planning ruined

Not the other user but I have read about 50 tianhua/wuxia Chinese novel. They are all masterbation fantasy with Gary Stu self insert. Re Monster and Onni-samma doesn't even come close. To put it in perspective, i am reading a novel about the MC being an ancient god that live through trillions years and now is revived to pick fight with teenagers. It is top of qidian for quite some time

>plan for a long-ass campaign arc
>main antagonist is some politician girl
>rogue rolls to fuck her
>three nat 20s
>"she's totally my bitch now right"
>literally 30 pages of shit disappeared because

>reading wuxia by shit no-name authors
Wuxia is LITERALLY the hardest genre to write in fiction, because it basically by definition has a gary stu MC. To write it well is nigh impossible, you're doing the equivalent of going on fanfiction.net and looking for well-written shonen crossover+isekai+lemons.

Why are the mods so diligent today damn

So the artist drew his helmet to look like a skull / ghoulface on purpose in that panel right

He is not no name. He is actually an applauded one and the work is top of the qidian, which is a Chinese Bill board for novel. The Chinese actually demand self insert and Gary Stu. They often promote MC being OP and shit on Westerners and Japanese, stress on the Japanese. There is a popular author who try to write a fair MC but he is bullied into writing about MC shitting on Japanese that he drop writing. The audience base is more toxic than the authors

I'm Chinese you git, and yes he is a no-name author. There's like 10-20 Wuxia authors worth shit in the history of Wuxia. You're not supposed to read 'regular' Wuxia novels if you don't want a stupidly OP MC that shits on everyone every other turn and seems to be there just for self-insert purposes.

Recommend some authors. I literally live next to China. I have to read your novel because the shitters in my country only translate Chinese novel instead of Japanese. And for some reason you all describe us as worshipping some beast god, living in jungle and using poison and insect as weapons. Fucking worst than how Nazi describing nigger

>without shitposting the thread super dies
It seems shitposts really are the lifeblood of Sup Forums

>edition
>linking threads

That's I guess the reason why some GMs don't become GMs anymore. They basically kill the game themselves.

...you from vietnam or something? Depending on the novel and the setting they're probably just translating nanban or yue into Vietnamese when both of them are just 'south barbarians'.

A good start though would be learning English, seeing how even I managed it.
Read the four classics then read 封神演義 (封神演义) as a starting point I suppose.
>implying SEAsians aren't basically the niggers of East Asia

qidian top novels are generally shit, because its audience is mostly 9gag-tier.

罗森
杨治
树下野狐
今何在

they are pretty famous people.

>9gag-tier
Is 9gag an actual site with a userbase? Wasn't it just like another imgur or some shit

Probably
He did a good job too
Very spooky

Where's the smite all the evil edit?

Thanks mate

Yeah, i did read all your classics. It is kinda staple here. And considering how much you hate Japanese, it is kinda sad that you hold them in higher regard than us.

>And considering how much you hate Japanese
Old fucks hate the Japanese because they can't get over them, but historically we never really detested them more than anyone else. Looking down on SEA is an unfortunate result of SEA not really building fuckmassive civilization, the only other empires we've respected historically were Persia and Rome - predictably, they were both cultured and massively powerful and wealthy.

I thought the mage was raped face up not face down? Have we been deceive?

>Edition
Fucking kill yourself.

yes

This thread is cancer, but to be clear here, his helmet most resembles the Heide Iron Mask.

Just let the thread died. Don't reply.

>the Heide Iron Mask
no

More like whatever Kojima picked for his helmet, and then gave it the typical helmet grille

Not that guy, but I can see the resemblance.

Kind of? Not really.

Not that guy but I also see why it looked familiar.

I dunno man. It kinda is.

Sure, but it can hardly be considered something that most resembles Goblin Slayer's.

I swear to god the elf is straight out of Dragon's Crown.

Does the priest ever talk about the rookie group in the LN?

So is there some kind of three-way struggle for GS between Priestess, Cow Girl, and Elf Archer?

Well what do you have in mind?

Pretty good, right?

I just want to know what happened to Monk-chan. Did she enter a covenant? Did she go straight-Darkness?

Which I'd say that GM would be perfectly fine with, because if you're GMing with a bunch of waterbrained chucklefucks who don't listen to very clearly made warnings about the difficulty of the task ahead of them then GMing isn't fun anyway.

A GM's responsibility isn't to fuck their players in the ass, but it's not to coddle them and let them do whatever the fuck they want without consequence either.

Don't forget Guild Girl. GS is her type.

Three way struggle for a man that has, to my knowledge, shown about as much empathy as a lawn mower with meat tenderizers taped to its blades.

>shown about as much empathy as a lawn mower with meat tenderizers taped to its blades.
So he's a chick magnet?

No, but there will be threesome with priestess and blindfold girl.

Don't think monk was ever mentioned again after the Chapter 1.

Yeah.

Dragon's crown elf is just a generic elf though so the elf in this series is straight out every single elf ever

And still not chapter 2

So where's chapter 2?

Didn't she got raped at some point, or almost get raped?

There's a dump in the last thread.

Mere speculation but since she was thrown into a carriage with other raped girls we could assume than yes, was throw into a covenant.

Although if we are gonna fantasize would be nice to see her return as a crazy murderer psycho

Which cow girl? the only girls I saw on pics are Prietess, Elf, guild chick and high prietess

>Murdering goblins with another goblin's leg.
Hardcore.

>Fucking worst than how Nazi describing nigger
Nazis were anti-Jew, not anti-any other race.

>Nazis were anti-Jew, not anti-any other race.
Nazis were anti-aryans

Implied in the LN but the manga shows a bit more of the aftermath.

Guild girl was an asshole.

Sure she tried to warn the adventurers but she could have been a bit more assertive and clear instead of just smiling sadly while she knew they were jumping into their deaths.

Sauce?

Look for neglect princess in sad panda

>guild girl is responsible for every adventurer that is unprepared

Sure, and she should feed and clothe them too, and keep them from harm and tend to their emotional needs when they get their fee-fees hurt.

>Sure she tried to warn the adventurers but she could have been a bit more assertive and clear instead of just smiling sadly while she knew they were jumping into their deaths.

She warned them to wait for an experience adventurer. Everyone but the Priestess was arrogant. Even the warrior's death flashback showed they fucked up by going head-long in so recklessly.
The guild isn't some kind of daycare.

>but she could have been a bit more assertive and clear instead of just smiling sadly while she knew they were jumping into their deaths.
What are you, a baby?

If you work on a shoot gallery and see some idiot is going to shoot him on the feet you warn him clearly and loudly. If he later shoots himself anyway its his fault, but at least you should clearly warn him what he is doing wrong.

This manga is gold for /sbg/ images

What did you want her to do, forbid them from entering the cave? She told them it was way too dangerous to go in unprepared like that, they didn't listen.

This pretty much. She has also made a sad expression before the party departed, waiting for this result.

No, just to insist a bit more, is not that if it goes wrong you will sprain your ankle, they are going to death and rape.

I'm not saying that was her fault, but sure she could have warned them more, mostly because its her damn job assesorate adventurers. A vague and hesitating warn wasn't exactly a brillat performance as guild advisor.

>as guild advisor

Lad she's the clerk.
That's like saying army recruiters should beg new recruits not to go to war because they'll die.