I realized just now that most of you have shit taste. Not just in the individual anime you like...

I realized just now that most of you have shit taste. Not just in the individual anime you like, but on a fundamental level. You completely miss the point of animation and want it to be something it's not. Anime is, first and foremost, about the animation and how good it looks, and how creatively it's used. A really detailed plot is all nice and well, but if it has poor animation it might as well just be put in a manga or novel. A series with a simple, silly, stupid, or "fun" plot, but good animation used creatively, and good visuals, is a better anime than a series with a good plot, but shitty animation. This doesn't mean an anime with a good plot and poor animation can't be good, but an anime with good animation, style, visuals, and creative use, it's always fundamentally a better anime.

Anime is by NATURE a medium that is style over substance.

Now, many of you enjoy substance over style better, and thus your favorite kind of anime reflects that. it's not that those are not good works in themselves, but rather that they are not the best representation of what anime as a medium is. They may be very good, but they do not represent what anime should ideally be, instead only a certain niche of anime that succeeds as a story but fails as an animation.

By it's very nature anime is style first, and a series which gives style a backseat is not good as an anime.

Many of you will not like reading this. It's that you have shit taste for liking the anime that you like, nor that they are bad works in their own right, but rather that if the reason you dislike an anime is because it puts style and animation over substance, you have shit taste in anime and it isn't the medium for you. Manga is more suited to your preferences.

It's not that either medium is superior, but that they have different qualities which a series or work should be judged by.

That's nice and all, but what about my dubs?

You don't know me, nice generalizations

Is this fresh new pasta?
Check em

Checked

Checked.

This was a serious post, of course, but the best way to refute anything said anywhere, is to make fun of it. So, I don't expect much serious response.

It's not really up for debate anyway, even a blind person could see, or rather by lack of vision see, that anime is best when animation and style are given the most effort.

kill yourself

Is that why Miyazaki has an oscar and Anno has none?

Nice post, OP. I agree.

Lately, I’ve been noticing more and more anime fans being overly obsessive with their taste in anime. There are people who get shunned for liking and enjoying a show that the internet hivemind thinks is bad — to the point where they’re immediately dismissed from any sort of anime discussion because they enjoy a particular show (like Naruto/SAO/etc). What’s more concerning is that there are people who put on a facade and “stop” liking shows that they actually liked to maintain an image of being an anime connoisseur. It’s ridiculous.

I’ll still say this even though it’s cliche because it seems like a lot of you don’t understand it: Having “shit taste” doesn’t mean anything. Different people enjoy different things. Sometimes, you might even enjoy a show that the hivemind thinks is bad. For example, I enjoyed SAO and I also acknowledge the criticisms against it. It’s perfectly fine for me to like it even though I might be branded as “having shit taste”. Yes, that means it’s okay to enjoy Naruto. Or Bleach. Or SAO. Liking those shows doesn’t mean you’re retarded or you were born with some sort of defect. It just means that someone disagrees with you, so it’s okay to like those shows. Don’t let anyone else convince you otherwise.

The connection between you and whatever you’re watching belongs only to you. Don’t let others influence it so easily. Remember that the vast majority of animes are targeted toward the lowest of the low in Japan. Remember that animes are pretty much Japanese cartoons. Think about it. It’s really quite silly to be an anime connoisseur.

Happy anime watching.

>A series with a simple, silly, stupid, or "fun" plot, but good animation used creatively, and good visuals, is a better anime than a series with a good plot, but shitty animation
Why not both.jpg

Taking advantage of the medium is what separates great anime from good anime, but in the big long list of just 'good' anime, they can be considered as such because of either visuals or writing in equal measure. Also, I would prioritize the direction itself over animation. Animation is a great bonus, but good direction carries meaning as well as visuals.

If that was a serious post, then I recommend that you get your head checked because you have absolutely no fucking clue what you're talking about.

This post is filled with irony.

No kidding!

t. carlos

>i know people so well
>let me make an argument based solely on assumptions
>yes you are all stupid because i've read you all like a book
>on an anonymous image board full of kids and roleplayers

Why is this pasta not posted more often. It would kill a lot of IRC tier shitposting to be quite honest.

I do though. In any visual medium, the appearance is the most important. Animation and style are more important than anything else, when making an anime.

I'm just responding to what I see people say.

>off by 1
Kill yourself senpai
Now check this 5

The tl;dr is that in anime style should be over substance and that good animation/visual with meh plot is better than good plot and bad visual.

Now observe these digits

witnessed

>I do though
Evidently, you do not.
>In any visual medium
Anime does not solely rely on visuals to produce an entertaining experience.
>the appearance is the most important. Animation and style are more important than anything else, when making an anime.
That is what's called an opinion.

>assumptions, assumptions, generalizations, and more assumptions

So why do people check dubs ITT? Are you all butthurt of OP being right or something?

Get a new IP before trying to make people mad, OP.

But I'm not OP. His post makes sense though that people would be upset about it.

He probably doesn't know that 4chanX allows to mark posts with new IPs to help spot samefagging

Are you a Plotfag or something?

>someone actually wasted their life writing up this drivel

>implying I"m OP
You guys are cute.

Excuse me?

Anime was a mistake.
-Abraham Lincoln

>chilling with friends
>put on Mamoru Oshii's Tenshi no Tamago
>confront myself and my self (as an ontological historical entity) with the mirror of atonality (as a mirror is not an empathic but a reflexive entity, alien to the space and time it reflects and only existing by itself in relation to the other) and realize the boundaries of human thought, comprehension and consciousness
>reach rational ecstasy
>pleb friend gets up and says "what the fuck is this chink cartoon shit, lmao, put some transformers"
>get angry at their alienated subaltern consumption conditioned by the structures of power of the imperialist white economies, but contain it
>calm myself down by remembering quotes from Finnegans Wake, my favorite book since i was a teenager
>mfw can't express myself because i'm a spectator in the society of spectacle

"It is not the slumber of reason which engenders monsters, but vigilant and insomniac rationality. - Gilles Deleuze" - ~Astigmata

>assumptions
Looks like I hit the nail on the head. I said "some of you", and I must have been right about you in particular because you clearly took it personally.

I hope you don't seriously think I'm going to read multiple paragraphs about why you think most people on Sup Forums have shit taste.

You know what's wrong with assumptions? They maka an ASS of U and ME.

It's actually more about how in anime animation and style are the most important aspects.

WITNESS ME!

That's subjective.

MEDIOCRE!