>Kill the shitty MMO/MMO-elements genre

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VtFYF4LtvNQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

This is a very difficult decision.

I choose to kill Isekai.

>Kill the shitty highschool battle harem genre, or;
Easy, bye bye.

This is without of doubt the WORST genre to ever exist.

Let me remind you of such garbage atrocious anime you've wasted hours on because Japan keep doing this stupid shit.

Absolute Duo.
Bahamut.
Shinmai Maou.
World Break.
Asterisk.
Rakudai.
Hundred.
Anti Magic.

I'd still choose to kill you instead Lulu.

I wouldn't kill any of them because I like some shows that fall in those genres

>Absolute Dup
I forgot I even watched that.

If I don't like something I can just not watch it.

Only very immature people want to prevent others from enjoying things just because they don't enjoy it.

Can I choose to kill shitty writing and lack of innovation instead?

Any genre can be amazing but it's mostly recycled trash these days.

Killing MMO elements would kill bad parts of Isekai.

Isekai isnt necesarilly shit but japs cant write for jack. This is proven by old isekai stories in western literature some of which are considered classics

Killing Isekai would also deny good works while killing MMO would enrich the genre to point where it wouldnt be so bad.

Characters would now require backstories if they wanted to use magic and there wouldnt be cheap cop outs

>Kill the shitty MMO/MMO-elements genre
Easily this.
You said everything I wanted to say.

Options 1 and 3 are too similar.

>killing rakudai
>killing shinmai
>killing anti-magic
As usual, Lelouch needs to be gassed

Kill isekai definitely overlord has proven MMO can be done well and I like magical high school battle harems as a guilty pleasure. Can't stand the "omg self refiential humor is so funny xD" shit isekai usually had though

>Kill the shitty highschool battle harem genre, or;

This, isekai is the new battle harem, it's time to move on.

All of them exist and can be ignored for good series so why waste wishes on that?

>Kill the shitty highschool battle harem genre

Yes, wipe it from the face of the earth.

Overlord is Isekai.
And shit.
Killing MMO would turn Overlord into Narnia. Don't tell me you wouldn't a Mr Tumnus.

>implying Overlord doesn't have beavy influence from MMOs
And no, Narnia was a shit series.

Kill Isekai as a Genre, its not even a question. Going to other worlds/times is not a poisoned concept, its only the codified Isekai genre that been built around the worst elements of the other two things you're offering that is gross and awful. The Trapped In An MMO sub-genre has quite a few really good entries and shouldn't be punished just because Sword Art has temporarily ruined it, and Battle School Harem also had plenty of good entries before it took a turn for the cancerous in the law few years.

Isekai has never produced anything worthwhile because it only came to be recognized as a category in-and-of-itself because it was ripping off the more recent and shitty Battle Academy Harems and Sword Art! Are you going to vote for killing the good things that got ruined, or are you going to vote for the shit thing that wouldn't exist without the shit that ruined the good things?

I kill 4shill

I choose kill op.

None of the above.
Kill the shitty fujoshit pandering

>old isekai stories in western literature some of which are considered classics
I'm going to have to ask for an example here, user.

Magic Knight Rayearth and Fushigi Yuugi, both classic and well received series that involved Japanese schoolgirls being transported into a fantasy world where they have special magical powers.

Kill fujoshit shows

Isekai and/or Game elements on in of itself are not all that bad and can produce a range of interesting stories - from high fantasy to cyberpunk.

The real bane is the harem and wish fulfilment as it ruins every other genre.

Different user here. I mentioned this in another thread but "A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court" is a classic story by Mark Twain which spawned a host of copycat isekai stories at the time.

Why don't we kill all 3?
>isekai
>battleharem
>mmo
It is even fucking common for a shitty harem to have all 3 of them. Look at grimgal from last season. It is both an isekai with mmo vidya logic.

That's a tough choice. The anons who want to kill MMO shows to save Isekai make a lot of sense, though.

Kill OP

Look at the amount of tsundere isekai threads on Sup Forums. So many people are loving them. Truly the future of animu as we know it.

Magic Knight Rayearth was considered a Mahou Shoujo series for like 20 years, and Fushigi Yuugi was always considered a battle fantasy/romance series, like a Shoujo Berserk. The fact that they contain elements of what we now call Isekai does not make them Isekai. Nor should Escaflowne for that matter before you go for that example.

>tfw they all go great together
Why kill any at all when you can save all of them? Be the Seigi no Mikata in your heart.

Fuck MMO shit. Ruined the Isekai setting to the worse state than it is.

Alices adventures in wonderland comes to mind.

>he doesn't know Pendragon or The Magic Tree House

Proof?

Isekai setting has just barely started in anime and so far manga is going pretty well. WN and LN are the same as they have always been. New things to read, more updates to wait for, etc.

well,the anti-magic anime was utter shit. LNs are ok though.

No, MMO is easily the laziest Isekai, since levelling up systems give cheats and ruins any opportunity of depth in a character.

Also Isekai has been here since forever and have proven to bring more quality than MMO-shit. Rayearth, Those Who Hunt Elves, El Hazard and Muv-Luv has proven it.

Sounds like a "true Scotsman" argument to me, it's semantics to argue that they aren't Isekai because they were considered a different genre before the Isekai genre was defined. If you want to establish Isekai as a recent development then make the case.

>want to make an MMO story
>people who don't like it complain that it's an MMO story
Fucking keks, might as well tell me the earth is flat

Is it considered to be the future when it literally has been here since the 80s and 90s?

Underrated post.

I've got this nagging feeling for a while that Sup Forums really feels that Isekai has been a recent thing. Old anime like Knights of Ramune and the like have been doing a long time ago

>fushigi yuugi
>MKR
>escaflowne
>12kingdoms
>now and then here and there
>el hazard

Look at all these old isekai, no shitty MMO, level and vidya stats progression. MMO and adventure guild style progression were what kill the genre.

It's not Isekai itself, it's WN Isekai to be specific. It's different.

The term isekai was almost never used before Syosetsuka ni Narou boom.

And usually people(or at least me) when mentioning isekai only refer to those from Narou which are turning out to be more popular and successful than any of those old works ever were.
Say whatever you want but its a fact the new formula works, it sells and its here to stay. Also SAO is not isekai.

You know I find it amusing that people that don't read Narou WNs even complain about isekai.

That is a little more specific and makes the case better. I can agree that the problem with WN is the low standards and minimal barriers to entry. The problem is less about the setting and framing device as the low quality of the source material to begin with.

Tough call, but i'd have to kill the shitty high school battle harem genre because..!

I still have hope and do enjoy a lot of the isekai reincarnation plot, it has a lot of ways it can go and is much more graceful as opposed to the "im in high school and this is my life oh this is my family and this is my wacky osananajimi"
Starting a story out by making the assumption that you will "get the jist of it" from the first episode is too much. You either go for mystery and intrigue or explain the 'rules' flat out.

MMO/MMO-elements has pretty much passed with the ending of SAO. It also feeds into my dream that I can do away with my shitty life and do something i love and be successful at it. There are some particularly annoying aspects of this though since the way that almost every anime handles it, not only assumes that everyone reading is a fucking idiot who doesn't play games, but also has to include the base minimum of skills and some voice or text box popping up which is lame as fuck

absolutely underrated posts

I'll make it easy for you: the modern Isekai genre was only defined after works that use the framing device had been irrevocably poisoned by elements ripped off from Sword Art and its spawn. Elements like:

-A main character defined exclusively by stereotypical Otaku traits like a friendless social life, sexual frustration, extensive video game knowledge, and physical AND emotional weakness,
-Those elements being are instantly and completely reversed and resolved by their new life
-A reverence for the absence of modern morality and the elevation of revenge fantasy, and more importantly those two things being totally inseparable from the change of world and life for the MC.
-The use of "cheat," skills, everything from future/game knowledge to Special Genetic Powers That Their New Body Luckily Has to remove any and all opposition from the path of the main character
-Convenient lack of social taboos against polygamy to allow for active sexual and eventually marital relationships with the entire female cast

MMO Trap stories and Battle Academy Harem stories may feature many of these elements, but they are not defined by them and can often exist without them. The Isekai Genre since it was more-or-less-formally codified by its audience does not. It carries all of its sins and ONLY its sins.

Trying to expand the genre retroactively by putting the label on old classics like Those Who Hunt Elves or Rayearth is the worst kind of inside baseball. Isekai under the label Isekai has certain traits that MAKE it bad, and they shouldn't be whitewashed because the concept has appeal.

Save the concept of going to other worlds and finding new lives, I have no problem with it. One of my favorite novels is about a legion of Roman Soldiers who find themselves in a Fantasy World for no reason and then Wat Do? to a new Empire. But don't defend the codefied Isekai, it has no redeeming traits. Kill it.

>The Magic Tree House
>""""literature""""""""

I kill none of them. In some rare cases every genre of these generates something decent amd i'm not forced to watch the garbage.

>MMO Trap stories and Battle Academy Harem stories may feature many of these elements, but they are not defined by them and can often exist without them
Pfff nice b8.
If anything its the current isekai that can expand and offer different types of stories. It has an actual variety unlike the garbage that is Battle academy. Cherry picking is not good.

Why do you not mention the senki type isekais like Youjo Senki, Shiro No Koukoku Monogatari.

Or even the ones where MC strives to rebuild the Kingdom or Manage a city like Genjitsushugisha no Oukokukaizouki, Jinrou e no Tensei.

The Battle Academy Harems have finally reached their end and hopefully will die out in the near futue. Good riddance.

Kill the op is a faggot genre.

Because a majority of people are illiterate and uneducated and only know about a small section of them.

Isekai has potential to be good but every single isekai is self-insert bullshit and usually a harem.
MMO also has potential, SAO is not an indicative of what can be done with the setting.
High school battle harems have absolutely no redeeming values whatsoever.
The choice is clear.

Absolutely no contest, at least reincarnated in another world can put their own twist on the work, battle harems are literally always the fucking same

That being said nips are creatively bankrupt as a whole but battle harems are the most generic thing there is

If I kill the isekai genre does it reincarnate in another dimension?

I mean I'd still do it. I just wanted to be clear on the matter.

>Genjitsushugisha no Oukokukaizouki

Different poster but that was pretty good for sating my hunger for Sim City.

I would totally read an Isekai novel about an Isekai novel that dies and is reincarnated in a parallel bookstore as a Musical Audiobook.

Narnia
Yankee in King Arthur's Court
Alice in Wonderland

Harry Potter is also borderline, though the transition to a different world is metaphorical rather than literal the "Wizarding World" and the normal world are very strictly separate with pretty much no overlap. Though I know many would question the quality of Harry Potter as fiction it is certainly considered a classic.

There are others around but those are the ones I can take off the top of my head.

Harry Potter being Isekai. My eyes have finally opened.

Except those are all shit shows. I hate tripfags too but i wont disagree with them for the sake of it. Grow up and get some taste

Apparently we should start referring to Lord of the Rings as Warcraft-style Fantasy because its now OK to take an old classic and redefine its genre based on something descended from it that is currently popular regardless of the quality of the current thing compared to the classic.

The premise of Harry Potter even actually follows a lot of the troupes.

>Friendless loser of High School age
>Suddenly discovers that he is super special and is whisked off to another world where he has friends and special powers and is famous
>Everyone who doesn't like him is a caricature bad guy who is presented as very obviously wrong for not liking him
>Always wins in the end through bullshit asspulls

It was legitimately uncanny for me to read the first Harry Potter book after experiencing the Isekai genre.

Kill MMO shit. Has the benefit of reducing Sup Forumsermin

A lot of those are set up intentionally to be subverted though. Harry is actually pretty average at magic by most metrics, and all the goofy caricature badguys actually have nuanced motivations and deeper characters.

Setting up the story as simple dumb wish fulfillment only to pull the rug out and reveal what's really going on as Harry (and the audience) ages, becomes more sophisticated, and begins to see the real world instead of the bubble adults use to hide it is a core element of Harry Potter and what makes it worthy of being called "Literature," despite any lacking in the writing.

Isekai stories never grow beyond that wish fulfillment phase because that wish fulfillment is the only reason they exist. They're empty calories at best and an exercise in glorifying horrifying neurosis and misanthropy at worst.

You probably have a point, I only read book one recently and haven't read the rest in quite a while so I'm probably wrong.

I would remove MMO elements from isekai stories.
Most of the time it's just a lazy way to move the story forward and describe the characters.

"Look at these stats!!! MC is awesome!!!"

Battle harems are dying out and will be replaced soon anyway, and MMO or Isekai on its own has the potential to be good.

>Proof
Isekai stories used to have awesome plot and character design

youtube.com/watch?v=VtFYF4LtvNQ

Let's look at the opposite end of the list if you choose any one of these:

>Isekai reincarnation
You get rid of some really cool gems like Yushibu and Linebarrels but in general not much is lost.
>High School Battle Harem
Let's keep in mind that stuff like World Break is Isekai in addition to being harem, it'd still be gone.

With that in mind you cancel a ton of good shows:

Yushibu (which is Isekai AND Battle Harem, overlapping genres)
High School DxD (Sup Forums will hate you)
Infinite Stratos
Sekirei
Maken-ki
Monster Musume
The entire Fate series
Brynhildr in the Darkness
Kampfer
High School of the Dead
Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?

Safe to say Lelouch is wrong on this one.

Let's look at MMO titles:

Log Horizon
Overlord
Sword Art Online
Hack//sign
Btooom!

On the plus side, you cancel that awful Ragnarok: The Animation.

Based on this I'm going to suck it up and say Isekai, and try to cope with the loss of Yushibu and Linebarrels

I choose to kill OP.

The only good show you listed there is Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?

>With that in mind you cancel a ton of good shows:
You didn't actually mention any good shows tho

>Any of that MMO titles
>Maken-ki
>IS
>Kampfer
>BitD
>Good
>Only 2 examples for Isekai

I'm gonna call bullshit on your shit taste

Modern Isekai should be cancelled, that's the point
The stuff coming out now isn't Rayearth
Also, Japan loves IS, whether you like it or not

And they love KonoSuba and Re:Zero now. There's no point justifying shit taste by using Nip's tastes

Why not the shitty shonen shit or the shitty mecha shit?

I take a fourth option.
I want lots of isekai reincarnation mmo highschool battle harems

Not all isekai/mmo are boring and without progression.
But harems... they are always stuck in the same place for all eternity

Obvious choice