Daily Japanese Thread DJT #1598

Cornucopia of Resources / Guide
Read the guide before asking questions.
docs.google.com/document/d/1pKgBm8Aa58mjB1hYhbK-VOPZsRBTXBuPBzw8Xikm2ss/pub?embedded=true

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

kabipan.com/language/japanese/shodo/index.html
nisk.jp/shodokisochishiki/soushonohayaoboeho.html
www013.upp.so-net.ne.jp/santai/santai.htm
spiderwebsoftware.com/exile3/winexile3.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First

>abysmal memory
>sub 70% correct every day
>300-400 reviews a day takes almost 2 hours
>finish at midnight and wake up at 7 for work in the morning a hollow shell of a human being
>get home and repeat the process

Anyone here know where I can read the ミサイルとプランクトン manga? I checked both nyaa and the CoR but no success

You're not good enough to read Romeo yet.

>ふつうせいじんをとおりこして、ふつうかいじゅうちかっちになっちゃう
God damnit, this is why I usually try to avoid English subtitles like the pest these days. Instead of helping me they just make me feel even more insecure about my own understanding.

The translation IS wrong, right? Context is her talking about how "normal" she's been all her life.

いいsubだよ

How do I write like swql but with the o, a, e, etc letters? It automatically turns into お、あ、え

faggot

summon your inner jap

come on guys

That's me half a year ago. I don't want it to sound trivial, but: give up on drugs / alcohol, tidy up your diet and eating habits, and hit the gym or pick up jogging (or other form of physical activity). You'll be able to concentrate for longer periods of time while retaining much more information.

And if time is a non-issue then - to prevent your motivation petering out - do it like that: more than 150 reps? Do just them, don't add any new cards. Fewer than 150? Add those 20-25 new ones. Doing it this way will take longer, but at least you'll how much time you can expect to spend on Anki. And you won't end up being overwhelmed.

You're late

What exactly does 一日 add here?

毎日同じシットポストを排出して楽しいかい?

毎日するのは健康にいいらしいだから

She only tries her hardest on the first day of a month.

any other decks like the yotsuba reading deck for other manga? i like not having to break while reading every couple lines to look something up, especially since i read a lot of physical stuff

I found a site that only had the first chapter but that's it.

A-Anyone?

じゃあ、いもうと
明日はどっちの党に投票しようと思っているでしょうか
成人だったら

Are -naru adjectives related to the verb なる?

I don't think so. The former なる comes from にある, and you never see が used, as opposed to verb なる which requires が

りっこうほします

せいさくはせんきょをスマホからとうひょうにします

Does anyone have a big list of verbs that shows whether they conjugate regularly or not, and that shows the basic forms for the verbs??

Search for a verb on Jisho and hit "show inflections"

おやすみ djt

>せいさくはせんきょをスマホからとうひょうにします
正直にいってそれはいいアイデアですよ
いもうとさんを支持しますぞ

またね
また。ね。

plz respond

妹 was in my leeches for a while. I wrote it out on a piece of paper and gave it to my little sister but it still took a while to get it down. I kept getting it confused for "girl".

Can’t you just copy-paste letters?

I want to type it by myself!

>!
k y s

why do people keep saying spoken Japanese is easier than learning to read or write it?

so many words sound and are said the same that most of the time I don't know what they're actually talking about

That's the case for every language. You can become native tier speaker by just being around people who speak it, even if you can't read or write the language. This is how babys learn it after all.

Vowels turn into kana because you chose hiragana or katakana input mode. Instead, choose full-width Alphanumeric or whatever it is called. Use the rightmost icon from these.

Yeah, I'm pretty dumb and didn't consider the fact that there are actually illiterate people out there that have no problems speaking the language. My bad.

Learning grammar rules and vocab in romanji followed by practising speaking and listening is all you need to learn to speak and listen.
Learning thousands of kanji, the pronunciations and meanings, the stroke order etcetera is much more time consuming.

is there a way to show more entries in rikai-kun?

note the ... below

Y'know kys is danish for "kiss".

The more you know

>the stroke order
What's that even for? So that you can recognize half-drawn characters?

>"XにはYを" means "putting X into Y"
please tell me this is illegal

It's useful for reading cursive writing

ケツマンコには雌チンポを

ぞい子のマンコに精液を入れる

I don't think you understood

Oh I see now thank you!

You too!

How do I become better at recognizing 草書?
I know the stroke order but that does not help me much in many cases

そのかんじが下の名前に付いてたら要注意だよ

よみかたが100通りくらいあるよ

handwritten characters tend to look neater when the correct stoke order is followed, and if you can tell the order of the strokes of handwritten characters it also makes similar looking kanji easier to differentiate
I'm sure there's other better reasons but that's all I can think of right now

Can you hook JRPG like Kiseki?

what would be the English equivalent of calling someone a 男女? the context implies it's derogatory and aimed towards a girl

Is it PC native? If yes, yes, if you need an emulator, then most likely no.

Tomboy? Mannsweib? Kampflesbe?

Yeah they're on PC. But I heard of unhookable games and VNs before so I'm wondering if anyone has experience with those.

How many years?

> Tomboy?

I said derogatory, not a compliment.

Because they're dumb and kanji dekinai. Practicing listening is comparatively easier when you're lazy.

Your fetishes cloud your judgment user.

butch

>formalなひびき
formalな日々気?たとえば謙譲語を使う日常

I found these resources, if that interests someone:
kabipan.com/language/japanese/shodo/index.html
nisk.jp/shodokisochishiki/soushonohayaoboeho.html
www013.upp.so-net.ne.jp/santai/santai.htm

I can't tell if you're joking or not

Maybe I am autistic after all

Yes it is a joke. 響き is a pre-beginner word now thanks to hibike euphonium

my gramma is fucked, FUCKED

now that I know how to read some of the characters I realize it wasn't the main problem, figuring out what the fucking sentence is saying is

right now I feel like I could learn every kanji on the book and go through core 10k and still not be able to understand what I'm reading

fucking kill me I want to dekinai from life

I'm sorry to hear that about your gramma, user. I hope she gets better.

phew I managed to not make a fool of myself and get roasted by anons

yet another kanjionlyfag mishap

Anyone have "The Routledge Course in Japanese Translation.pdf" ? I picked it up in /djt/ but I can't find it.

>tfw there are others like me
I feel slightly less shit now

the worst part is the "READ MORE!" meme doesn't work

it doesn't help in the least when I don't understand what I'm reading in the first place

>"READ MORE!" meme doesn't work

Read something easier then

probably the easiest thing you can read is NHK easy, NOT children's books because children already know japanese for fucks sake. And core is mined from NHK so the vocab is ez.

Start with that mate, you will definitely get better. It's impossible to fuck this up.

So learn grammar?

Delete this and never fucking sexualize /djt/'s waifu again you fucking pig.

おこるのかい?

read more tae kim

Not him but I don't get how NHK easy works. Why do they only have news about natural disasters?

That's the in-thing in Japan right now

Learning kanji/words through best girls is great. It's like RtK, except for vocab.

Try reading what you like. I learnt English while playing this: spiderwebsoftware.com/exile3/winexile3.html

look man I appreciate you being the minority and actually trying to be helpful in this shithole of a thread, but how is attempting to read a god damn newspaper supposed to help me?

I'm struggling with よつばと and have to switch to the english translation every two lines to check If I'm right (which 99% of the time I'm not) for fuck's sake

Yotsubato is aimed towards kids and the slang will fuck you in the ass. Having to constantly refer to the translations doesn't help either.

NHK Easy is aimed at kids but mostly foreign japanese learners. Articles are presented with simple vocabulary, are concise and even have built in look up functions for harder words. It might not be compelling, but it's a great way for you to gain confidence as you comprehend it yourself without relying on a crutch like translations.

I got to understand japanese sentences through being a weaboo for over 8 years. When i finally got to study japanese i already could pretty much read it if it was in romaji. Just by watching hundreds (actually just a little over a hundred really) of titles with subtitles and playing through hundreds of hours of different games i could get structure of sentences, as well as base vocabulary.
I can understand you though. Japanese prepositions and suffixes are really quite different from western ones.
I would actually recommend watching anime with subs for some time.

Thanks for the 'advice'

How about you fucking get good? Is that "advice" enough for you? No one here is under an obligation to help you.

Can のが utilize the "but" function of が or it's just like のは but with the が particle?

I'm not him, shitter

I'm serious tho. It can help if you won't just tune out japanese speech and would try to listen. That's basically a lot of examples of sentences, that you would immediately get translation for. If that's not the way to get the structure without actually sitting through textbooks and trying to wrap your head around something that natives know without thinking (actually can anyone please tell a better way to say "know without thinking" in English?) i don't know what is.

don't even think about

It's shit advice to tell him to watch 8000 hours of anime to get fluent when he can achieve it in much less with less time and effort put in either

"know without thinking" I would say "understand intuitively" is a good way to say it

I do get your point because I've watched a lot of anime (obviously) and it has helped my early learning a lot but in the end it's still fucking inefficient

Intuitive, instinctive?

「聞いてるのがよく分からない」はどうだ

Nah that's definitely wrong

怪雨

Where did you find this specimen of rare vocab?

>"intuitively"
That's the word i was looking for, thanks!
I guess anime or movies aren't the best way to learn. But then, they are fun. I think fun is more important than efficiency.

Beginners learn exponentially faster so it's not like you have to do one or the other

Grinding core2k and easy reading material isnt fun but it opens many gateways for fun learning e.g. anime with jp subs