Has your family every approved in you interest in anime?

Has your family every approved in you interest in anime?

My mom told me to not infect my siblings, so I don't think she approves.

They don't know...they never will

They don't care.

>showing your power level
Retard.

My dad thought I was a race traitor because I really got into anime and japanese stuff in general back in highschool.

Once I was watching monogatari and Hanekawa's face was on my screen. My mom walked into my room and I paused it and alt-tabbed like usual, but for whatever reason, it didn't alt-tab out. I was clearly panicking and I think my mom could see that, and at one point I just gave up, and she just told me what she wanted to say without even mentioning the anime girl on my tv screen. Then she walked out. It was never discussed between us. It happened like a year ago, and I really hope she forgot about it. Deep down though, I bet she knows I'm a loser and she just doesn't want to admit it to herself.

To answer your question OP, "no."

LOL your dad is a stormweenie?

Nigga you can't let ANYBODY know except your closest, most trusted friemds, and sometimes you can't even let them know

Yes, I have no reason to hide it because my family won't beat me for not being the way they want me to.

My parents don't care and my otouto's a closet weeb too.

Parents don't care as long as I keep it to myself, sister is a weeb dweeb and my brother watches normalfag anime.

No one cares man.

Do you guys blow each other occasionally while pretending to be the other brother's waifu?

My Mom reads Yotsuba and Dungeon Meshi.

I took my dad to Akibahara while we were in Japan. He gave zero fucks about it and just took pictures of all the shops and lights as if were another aspect of "weird Japan."

He knows I'm into it, but he doesn't care so long as I don't turn it into an obsession. I've got other hobbies that eat up more of my income anyways.

My mom watches anime with me and she's an animator and game designer.

I have one of those rare cases of fun nerd parents.
She also frequents both Sup Forums and Sup Forums and Sup Forums
Plus she regularly calls me a faggot and i do the same back.

Yes. My dad is the person who got me into anime in the first place.

She has magnificent taste

How did it feel the first time he penetrated you?

I've always had interest in anime because of TV. I think the shows that hooked me in for good are Cooking Master Boy and Webdiver. Also followed a good deal of Naruto (never liked One Piece).

Somewhere around senior high I started following popular seasonals, that time I was still streaming/shady DDLs. Also no Sup Forums. Around my senior years I introduced Angel Beats to my little brothers and they're hooked. I've always been secretive about it but my little brothers are so shameless about it that my parents probably know about me as well.

They kinda approved I suppose. The chinese cartoons never became a topic of discussion though. While still in college I think I'm doing pretty well.

>tfw Dad was a normie Chad and hated that I still liked anime into adluthood

My dad is a bigger weeb than I am, and I think my mom actively tries not to give a shit.

My dad enjoys anime.

My dad is an artist and he's always interested in animation. I make him draw my shitty manga.

>not embracing your autism

My mum always complains at the female voices, but she found ore monogatari funny. I've watched a few with my younger sister, but she doesn't like reading the subtitles as she says she misses the action because of it. We watched one punch man together and they liked it a lot.

My Dad is indifferent, my Mom is somewhat curious, but I know she'll never watch anything.

Yes in fact my dad watched Flying Witch while it was airing.

Yeah
My mom used to take me and my friends to anime cons when I was in middle school, and used to buy me nendoroids for christmas.
She even watched [spoilers]Death Note[/spoiler] with me

I don't know and will probably never find out because I'm not living in my parents basement.

Did she like it? I hope she did

Also mine
but I am sure they would hate to see the huge amount of ecchi material I own

You guys are talking like watching anime was something bad.
Where I live no one gives a fuck, is just another hobby, liking anime doesn't mean you are a looser.

>Dad doesn't care but thinks anime is a waste of time
>Mom doesn't even know
>Lil bro watches shounen shit
>Lil sis watches idk what but anime anyway

Don't know what 3rd world country you live in friend, but here in America watching anime is closely compared to be a total loser/pedophile since most casuals knowledge of anime doesn't go beyond Pokemon DBZ, and hentai.

They dont know
They will never know

I live in Europe

>Europe is a country

Nice blogthread
There are no third world countries in Europe. No memes, thanks.

They know and don't care. It's just an esoteric hobby to them.

>There are no third world countries in Europe
What ever you say Gustav

Oberstein knows whats up

Yes, I also pretty much admitted to watching hentai at the dinner table once.

>my mom despises me for it because she knows I love Japanese cartoons more than her.

My parents are proud of the fact I like anime... For some strange reason. Like if I'm meeting family for the first time or their friends my parents have already explained how much I love anime and how it's really cool that I do.

What anime would you recommend to wither your mom or dad?

Kaiji probably for my dad and something by Satoshi Kon for my mom probably.

They don't care.

I've seen it do some strange things to people I know. Seems many of them were on the fence about whether or not they approve. In the end, it's my choice to enjoy what I do and anyone else's opinion is secondary.

Yeah but what can he do?
Point laser with his prosthetic eye?
Fuck that faggot

t. Fritz Joseph Bittenfeld

They are mocking you

Mine too. We even watch anime togehter

Older sister likes normie tier anime, but loves Japan in general.
Eldest sister is a fujoshi. Plays Ensemble Stars all day.
Mom doesn't really get it but doesn't seem to hate it, though she let slip that she thinks it's childish (for the eldest in particular) to still be SO obsessed with it.

Fail user

How about the attic?

They're glad you're not doing drugs or hanging out with dangerous people

>hey user, have you got a girlfriend?

I've only ever spoken about anime with my parents when I was first getting into it, in '06. I remember telling them about shows like Narutaru and Saikano.
I probably thought that it was impressive to be so desensitised at the time.

I wish I had a mom like that. Mine just pops pills. haha

My dad likes anime, especially older stuff he used to watch when he was younger like Grandizer, Captain Harlock, and Lupin III
My mom is similar and she likes Heidi, Candy Candy and Ai Shite Knight
My sister is envious of my power level and she loves anime
My cousin loves anime probably more than me

so i take it that you're french, right

>mom used to enjoy Sailor Moon
>dad doesn't care
>imouto is slowly becoming a weeb, loves Umaru, has an Another shirt and has Madoka pins on her bag

Why are you assuming he is french? Are french people obsessed with anime?

>my mom frequents Sup Forums
I'm not sure how I should feel about this...

They approve and even watched + enjoyed animes such as End of Evangelion, Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Steins;Gate, Ghost in the Shell, etc...

>Not being a Sup Forumsa/c/k/

My parents doesn't really care, since I'm not a fucking spastic asspie who hotglues figures of their favorite waifus and buy posters loaded with cow tits and ecchi all over my apartment.

that doesn't mean i don't frequent /h/ or /e/ :^)

No Italian
Grandizer, Heidi, and Candy Candy were very popular in Europe
Grandizer is known as Goldrake here because it was translated ad Goldrak in France
However most animes are translated directly from Japanese with our 5 dubbers doing literally everyone
If you watch an anime dubbed in Italian, you'll hear Piccolo's voice

They don't know what anime is and would get angry that I watch perverted "pokemons".

Same

I get condescending ''what are you watching?'' from my mom and my sister just sees it as a nerdy quirk, but they don't seem to care.

Over the past ten years me and my mom have watched dozens of anime together. Though she's more obsessed with the 3DPD side, always watching Japanese and Korean dramas on Netflix.

My dad watched some older stuff like Ninja Scroll, Hokuto no Ken, Astro Boy and Dragon Ball.

My mother knows and she made me swear to never let my father know. The man has a low enough opinion of me as is

My step father actually showed me anime when I was in middle school

What about Sweden?

One time my mother told me about some chinese guy she saw on tv, he had married an oriental cartoon character apparently. Then she said the guy was a loser and that she couldn't believe people like him existed in real life. Now I don't know if she was naive or if she was making fun of me indirectly.

Nobody is allowed in my room, dammit.

My mom watches capeshit so she's hardly in any position to judge.

She loved it, actually.
She still gets into deep discussions about it's morals with me, sometimes.
It's a bit cringeworthy now, but it's cute too.
She's planning on watching sailor moon soon.

Inshallah, brother.

For some fucked up reason, my mom likes Cross Ange, ghibli-movies aside, it's the only anime she's seen.
I think some coworker recommended it to her? I have no fucking idea how she found it.

Moldova is third world

Yes.

My mom watched Death Note out of nowhere one day, told me she liked it, never finished it though.

My dad doesn't care, thank god for that.

I tried showing the LOGH movie to my mom and she laughed and didn't want to watch it

It was one of the many things I was banned from doing, my parents were pretty ridiculous and more or less banned me from doing anything that wasn't homework, they even banned me from reading novels at one point.

More manga than anime but almost every teenager read manga at least once

>family

Cross Ange?
Holy shit I am laughing

They don't care - but it's not like i'm sat downstairs watching Prisma Illya on the TV.

Then they probably would care.