So this is apparently L for the American Death Note live action series

So this is apparently L for the American Death Note live action series

yeah..

This is good news. If you really believe this will make the movie worse, this will make hollywood forget the whole anime being capeshit 2.0 idea

>Live action
>America
Kill yourself with your 3D shit

>shows himself in public

NIGGA YOU IS SMART AND SHIT

I really hope that this movie will not flop.
So there will be more western anime adaptations.

To be fair, when's the last time you saw an extremely ghost white man with completely black bags under his eyes?

Anime characters are hard to fucking cast, and that's why the medium shouldn't be tapped into for live action, it doesn't work 90% of the time.

This.

It's hard being L. Man just wants to wear his Dockers.

WE WUZ L´s N SHIIEET

Looks like a BLM protesterl

Looks pretty autistic. I think he'll do a good job.

Will he sit like that?
Will he hold his phone like that?

WHY DOES HE HAVE A FLUFFY BUNNY TAIL?

Last time I looked mirror. So about a week ago.

hire asians

you're already raping their source material

why are they making this and a gits movie all of the sudden?
no one asked for this.

No one asked for ID4:2 either, but here we are

He literally looks like he's about to rob a bank. And not just because he's black.

Now that you've answered that part of the question, can you fucking act? Do you have connections? Getting hired is more than looking the part.

Hollywood will NOT hire Asian males for roles that aren't kung-fu. Asian males don't sell in America.

>ghost white man with completely black bags under his eyes
That's what makeup is for.

For a sec I thought it was one of those "WhenNigs take Anime too Far" YouTube vids

i want a naruto live action with a black naruto

blacks didn't either. you have to start somewhere and hiring them for weeab stuff would have made perfect sense. current media only has fake diversity where it's just black tokenism or grrl power

Dat's rayciss

No seriously, I kinda find it silly that Big Hero 6, a comic where everyone is already Asian and thus, already a minority in the US still needed a token black.

>tfw you're black and you see this

can i see your bbc?

Light's casting triggers me more than this.

They put a black as the good guy to remind everyone it's a fiction.

the death note live action movies are better regardless.

If original L craves sweets, does niggerL crave white womenz?

>ayyo light
>ayyo light com ova heeeee nigga
>ayyo light lemme see dat book
>wuz dat
>wuz dat book
>o sheeeeeit
>das onna dem deff notes dawg
>das onna dem deff notes
>lemme see dat shit
>oh damn
>oh sheeeeit
>ayyo
>das onna deem shee nee gah mee
>imma feed him summa dem apples
>ayyo
>all i gots is dat wassamelon and dat fried cheeeeken
>ayyo light
>i aint know how to make dem letters
>helps me write sumfin in dis here diff note nigga
>ayyo light what dat word say?
>ayyo light
>ayyo

You just have to know what to adapt. For example, Old Boy and Lady Snowblood came out great.

Don't have one.

Fucking Americans, ruining everything.

It still makes no fucking sense having a black actor portray him. L is white. Actor should be white.
This is typical American "well, blacks are people too and we've been dicks to them, let's cast a black in this role!".

There's a clear answer for that, think again. I'll leave it as an exercise for the reader.

I would watch a live action C3 Stella with the main character cast as an Asian little girl in an American high school.

>Black guy dressed like a terrorist.

It's like he WANTS to get shot by a cop.

Isn't this a movie?

so will this shitty show use the whole "SEE! EVERYONE IS RACIST!!!" approach to sell their horrible idea? Why the fuck are they pushing black people into everything? did that stupid blacklivesmatter shit actually convince people that they deserve everything? first ironman now this. Might as well make live action adaptations of popular anime shows will a cast of all darkies.

Back from the grave.

I'm not that buttblasted about it.
If they keep him as smart and eccentric as anime L was, it would even make for an entertaining character and a departure from the usual racial stereotypes.

"Blacks are people too"

False, in America, blacks are to be treated as more than people, they are above everyone else due to the injustices they didn't actually suffer. Thye can get into colleges even if they don't have the requirements, they can take any role they want, or you're racist. They have claims to any and all culture that appears in America. IF something is popular, they made it happen (Even if they didn't)

Why are people pretending like more than 20 people will watch this, it's a cheap netflix movie that doesn't have the dumb Marvel watchers to make it popular

You are all stupid. He's the one pretending to be L that Light kills. The producers don't want us to know who the real L is yet.

Couldn't this guy be the criminal L uses as bait near the beginning? When Light kills the guy but it was actually someone on death row?

LONDON

There is this beautiful invention of humans, what was it called again....oh right, makeup
Get your average young british actor, make him grow his hair out and make him go on a diet and then with makeup make him look like as if he hadn't slept for 5 years and didn't leave his room.

This is a movie of a popular franchise we are talking about, not your local highschool theater group, you have to put in some effort

>Actor should be white

Light is Japanese and I don't see anyone complaining.

>cast a black man for a white role
>no make up
>cast a white woman for Asian role
>make up to make her look more Asian
Very progressive of you, Hollywood.

Light needs to know the face of a person to kill him, that was one of the major reasons why L pulled the Lind L Tailor stunt, to confirm this suspicion.

i thought that was a pic from a black lives matters protest

>Kira needs name and face to kill
>criminal L wearing a fucking balaclava
great job Hollywood.

>they're not really using that Jared Leto Joker r-right guys?

looks like its going to be another dragonball evolution.

How the fuck does a budget get approved for shit like this? You'd think they would've learned their lesson after The Last Airbender, Dragonball Evolution, Street Fighter, and Fantastic 4.

>Seattle Police
This is doomed.

There actually was a big stink over Light's casting when it first came out. Not only did they get a white actor, it's an UGLY white actor.

It's going straight to Netflix

Remember: L in public wasn't actually L. It was a decoy.

BLack is the decoy. He doesn't even LOOK like a social outcast with 1 hour of sleep a year.

L isn't a jap. He is British you moron.

Why should I or anyone care about
>american
>live action
>shit

Get this shit off Sup Forums.

I'd argue against that too, but if your name isn't Bruce Lee you're not going to have a serious role.

I'm still wondering, is there any good Hollywood actor that can portray Light well?
Give me your best choice that role Sup Forums

because even though we know better, deep down we still wish for a live action high budget remake of our favorite anime.

>How the fuck does a budget get approved for shit like this?

The budget is like $100 straight to netflix movie, Sup Forums is like the only place I've seen it discussed also so I doubt it has a marketing budget either

Shilling on Sup Forums is its marketing budget

I forgot they were making this.

I dunno I kinda hate it because of what said but I guess it could be worse. They're never gonna get an actual cast to look like the characters (nevermind an all-asian cast) so they may as well just take the story and make it work in an American setting instead of trying to pretend otherwise. I've never been a fan of trying to take one story and adapting it to another country (or time, that 90's romeo and juliet movie is probably the worst thing ever made by a human) but if you handle it with enough care it can be done right.

Yeah, the real L is totally going to be a white guy. I'm sure that'll go down well with the progressive liberal audience.

>you brought on a black guy so he can be KILLED?
>Are you saying blacks can't be smart!?!?!? OMG OMG RAY CISS
Face it, even if OP's pic is a decoy the real L is going to be a nigger as well.

young zac efron.

too bad hes older and muscular now

Why are you complaining about this and not about Nat Wolff as Light?

>healthgoth L
Haha, let's see kids try to cosplay this shit when they see Rick Owen's price tags.

>american
>live action
>nigger to top it off
Absolutely disgusting.
Mods please delete this thread.

That Guy from highschool musical.

We did. But that was a couple months back.

Speak for yourself, I ate enough shit in my life to ever wish for another turd.

So fucking streamfags will be the first to watch and discuss it on Sup Forums? But of course checking Sup Forums, and this very same thread is up, so the only people who care about this are crossposting shitters.

>There actually was a big stink over Light's casting

I'm pretty sure the big stink was more over how that ugly MF wasn't hot AF Zac Efron rather than his race. This black guy gets casted and it's entirely about race.

Black brits exist too buddy. My point is nobody gave a shit about uggo Light's race.

That's the entire problem. Hollywood shouldn't be so white. Even in older movies, it was "normal" to have whites play Asians, Indians, Mexicans, etc. But it really shouldn't be like that anymore.

>the only people who care about this are crossposting shitters.

Pretty much, shitty 3d adaptions of anime is nothing new but Sup Forums thinks it's going to be the new craze after comic movies lose popularity

"We need an urban market character- throw a dart at the board"

Ryan Gosling

He said Light is Japanese not L is Japanese.

And all we know about L is that he's from an orphanage in Britain not that he's white.

I'd bet that L is actually a hafu, but that's just a guess based off his character design.

next they should make a live action harem anime adaptation but with fat tumblrinas and sheboons as the girls

>This black guy gets casted and it's entirely about race
Well, a big part of Death Note was its overall aesthetic. It had goth and visual kei overtones and L was supposed to be this creepy pale guy who looked sleep-deprived and held things funny. This fellow doesn't look anything like that and changes the whole atmosphere. At this rate it's just going to be a Criminal Minds episode with a magic book.

Light was a good looking model student but otherwise he's fairly generic so there's more flexibility to who you can cast. Plus, Hollywood hates Asians so it wasn't going to happen anyway.

>but Sup Forums thinks it's going to be the new craze after comic movies lose popularity

but why though

comic movies exist and make bank because those heroes either have name recognition (batman, superman, spiderman, ironman etc.) or because the people going to watch them know they'll be relevant in the giant crossover movie that comes out in a few years like Avengers.

I can't really think of a whole lot of anime that are in that same boat stateside. Not even jojo would be enough to be worth greenlighting a hollywood adaptation. Like I look at this death note adaptation and I'm horribly confused since I didn't think it was still relevant in the fucking slightest.

I don't. I do want a low budget live action remake of the first season of Diabolik Lovers though.

>I look at this death note adaptation and I'm horribly confused since I didn't think it was still relevant in the fucking slightest.

That's why it's a straight to netflix movie with no budget, barely anyone is going to watch it so it's not like they're going to lose money to film it.

>Hollywood shouldn't be so white.
Much as I might agree, it's still retarded. Changing a character skin color for no reason at all is silly.
I can understand that animu and mango characters don't actually look like any real race 90% of the time and you cast whatever you like in their roles, but at least sticking to the few pointers given isn't too fucking difficult.

>I didn't think it was still relevant in the fucking slightest
Blame Japan. They did a live action drama that no one asked for or wanted (but turned out to be surprisingly decent) and then announced another live action movie. Death Note was buried and forgotten up to that point.

>not getting the Flash
They fucked up.

Manga are going to be adapted simply because Hollywood has no ideas, they will take the name and something from the story then they'll change everything. I think the Casshern movie did it like this.

Can we keep these threads in Sup Forums?

They should have gone full rage fuel and made L a black woman.

Speaking of which I bet Misa is going to be a smart strong independent wymin

>tfw you were hype when Shane Black said he was interested in making a live action adaptation all those years ago
>now it's a shit director with nothing but failures under his name

This guy looks like he would make a good L.

Do you have a single source to back that up?

>Behead all who insult islam

Misa will be muslim