What happened here? When was the exact moment in which Naruto started to suck to the point of no return?

What happened here? When was the exact moment in which Naruto started to suck to the point of no return?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OIaSg6nUhhI
youtube.com/results?search_query=crawling naruto
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

When the sand attacked the leaf.

Around the time Sasuke was introduced
Though it only started going downhill when he got bit with the edgy mark or whatever that shit was

the time skip

Sasuke should've died on that bridge. It would've changed how the story had went for the better.

When he decided he would achieve world peace

When Iruka decided to protect Naruto using his spine as a shield.

Focus was shifted away from worldbuilding and placed on the shitty fujobait edgemaster subplots like Sasuke.

this DESU

When Naruto vandalized the Hokage Monument

This. The first half introduced a lot of interesting characters and a universe and then shat on it all as they focused on looking for sasuke.

did that trigger you?

I think once Sasuke left the village it was mostly just downhill. Sometimes there was a good moment which then instantly got ruined again.

Pain reviving everyone or Kaguya being the real villain are probably the absolute low points.

Well I lost interest after the graduation arc. Fuck how many years was that?

fuck off narutards

When it changed from being the tale of an underdog into the tale of ninja Jesus.

>What happened here? When was the exact moment in which Naruto started to suck to the point of no return?

It always sucked. A story about a tryhard obnoxious brat wearing bright orange proclaiming himself to be a "ninja" event though he never sneak attacked anything without shouting at the top of his lungs?

I thought it was a parody for like the first 10 episodes before i realized... nope, this shit is just straight up shit.

Other points of note: Naruto not really succeeded because he was a tryhard but because he was ninja royalty and bread for pure success was a nice and contradictory message. This meant Naruto only sucked in the beginning because he was a whinny ass little kid who didn't want to work at all. Then he made a show of what little effort he did put in to make everyone think he was a no talent "tryhard"

>The first half introduced a lot of interesting characters
Second that. Aside from Shikamaru from the Hidan and Kakuzu arc, and Hinata getting some moments during the Pain arc and the Fourth Ninja War (not counting The Last since that was outside the manga), the rest of the genin we were introduced to outside of team 7 just didn't get much focus or even personal fights like before the timeskip (excluding Tenten who was always ignored). Even when others like Lee or Kiba looked like they would still be important characters back then.

Even Sakura just sort of stopped being all that helpful besides using her medical skills after her and Chiyo's fight against Sasori, constantly shifting between "Look, I've caught up" and "All I can do is watch" until near the end when her punch helped prevent Kaguya from fleeing before Naruto and Sasuke sealed her.

It was downhill from here.

When Sai and Yamato were introduced. Useless characters who served only plot device roles in a really bad arc.

The first arc dedicated to saving Gaara was actually good and gave Sakura some very long overdue focus and development. Too bad that Kishimoto never treated her properly again.

this

Pokemon is written better.s

Yeah. After that arc it shifted to just focusing on Sasuke, a good arc for Shikamaru, then another arc focusing on Sasuke and fighting Itachi, the Pain arc which was good until the ending, another arc for Sasuke getting more revenge, and then we're at the 4th ninja war which started good, but just dragged on and became more and more focus on Naruto and Sasuke and how awesome Madara is.

Nah bleach is written way better than this trash series lmao

It might just be nostalgia but I thought the sasuke retrieval arc was so damn good. Everything after that things kind of fell apart for me and I stopped caring.
youtube.com/watch?v=OIaSg6nUhhI

Naruto is actually better than Bleach post-Soul Society.

>Nah vomit is written way better than this trash series lmao

>Feces is actually better than Vomit post-Soul Society.

fify

This. It's like Kishimoto suffered a severe case of massive writer's block and focused way too much on Sasuke. What's worse is that he tried to force the Naruto/Sasuke parallel on every major character related to the lore.

>Hashirama and Madara
>Ashura and Indra
>Hagoromo and Himura

All important characters behind the lore of the series, and it felt like the whole point behind them was to make us think they're just like Naruto and Sasuke. Instead of Naruto and Sasuke, Kishimoto should have been developing other characters and building up Kaguya as a threat. When Neji died, I didn't even care because he had no development. Speaking of Neji, he was right about destiny and talent! Turns out that Naruto's not that much different than Sasuke in terms of being gifted and a genius. The theme of hardwork is thrown out the garbage just because Naruto has to be like Sasuke.

How the fuck can shorter shounen like FMA and Magi have more developed characters than the 700 chapter Naruto?

What's even worse is that the Boruto manga is going to recycle the Naruto/Sasuke dynamic with Boruto and "Emo Cunt 2.0" after it's done recycling the plot of Boruto.

youtube.com/results?search_query=crawling naruto

Have a good time.

>Hagoromo and Himura
Was that meant to be a parallel to Naruto and Sasuke? The only thing in common seemed to be that they were two male characters who had some sort of connection to each other, unlike the other 2 where they were close friends, like/were brothers, until differences in philosophies caused them to wage war against each other.

I'm rather more forgiving of a critic than most on Sup Forums so I would say precisely when Pain decided to revive everybody he killed after a brief conversation.
Everything thereafter with Tobi taking center stage, the million zombie world war, Madara, Kaguya etc. is worthless, but before that it wasn't too terrible. I liked the original Akatsuki cast in general.

Note this is just for the manga, the anime and its filler does not factor into my experience at all.

Kaguya viewed Naruto and Sasuke as her children, and both duos sealed her away with Chibaku Tensei. Since Hagoromo and Himura worked together to beat a god, they were as close as Naruto and Sasuke. There's probably more, but I don't care enough to do some research.

The moment it started.

Damn, decided to rewatch some of the fights.

Jiraiya vs Pain
Shikamaru/Kakashi vs Hidan/Kakuzu

Probably my favourite parts of Naruto.

>narutofag discussions of the ludicrously convoluted plot

I think it's universally considered the ending of Pein Arc / Kage Summit. Atleast that was when I gave the fuck up.

After the defeat of Pain. The writing was on the wall before that, though.

Anime: Ep 1, second 1
Manga: Page 1, panel 1

stop making this thread, faggot. we have it every week.

I liked zabuza, chuunin exams, and pain arc. Overall I regret reading it, though there were some good moments like listed. The series should have ended with Pain as the final boss everything after was so lame and forced.

I think the story would have been at least somewhat compelling towards the end if Sauske never accepted the leaf and Naruto was forced to kill him to end the whole "cycle of hate". It just seems like he wrote Sauske into this corner and had to take way too many liberties to prevent his death.
The Madara stuff gave us the best opening though, so there's that.

After Gaara's resurrection that was the first objectively unforgivable red flag. After Pain's ctrl+z-no-jutsu that was the final nail in the coffin.

The book of prophecy destined savior bullshit ruined everything

Yes, Very true

After the Pain Arc. But it's still enjoyable even to this day.

Yo, anyone knows the fucking episode where Sai tries to kiss naruto like the sperg he is.

The end of Season 1

>Sauske never accepted the leaf and Naruto was forced to kill him to end the whole "cycle of hate".
The problem with that is the story kept on pushing that killing only make the cycle of hate continue, so killing Sasuke shouldn't be the solution to the problem.

>tried to kiss nurudu
>constantly talked about his dick
No wonder his kid looks like such a faggot

thing became unambiguously shit post-skip when it became the edgy sauce adventures, but the broken worldbuilding first became irreparable in the third round chunin exam fights.

> fucking hardcore survival-level shit hitting the fan in the forest of death, ninjas just trying to maybe complete objectives but mostly hide and not die
> suddenly the important thing for a ninja is being able to subdue an opponent 1-on-1 in a face to face fight in an open arena
> and special snowflake powers that everyone has are now the differentiating factor
> and basically nobody ever dies past this point

things were better when fights were about subterfuge and tactics, and ninjutsu were conservatively expended resources and not the primary elements of a fight.
I can't even immediately recall anyone dying directly from a jutsu and not being impaled by a knife/hand/branch/whatever anyway, so it's not like they were ever that impressive in the combat choreography anyway.

This. I still reread certain arcs and the ending at least once a week.

It was never amazing and it did get too convoluted for its own good, but I still got a good deal of enjoyment out of it throughout the years and I'm still fond of a lot of the major cast.

For me, the pacing was definitely its biggest fault, what with all the unnecessary talk and explanation of things and all the fillers. If they made a remake of the whole show condensed into about a hundred episodes it could be a whole lot more enjoyable.

After the Pain arc.

if you want to be try to fit in the Sup Forums so you can posture and look cool, after the chunin exams.