Was Shinji always this gay?

Was Shinji always this gay?

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.fireden.net/a/search/image/esDh9PcfzOZNqjModrS4Xg/
yuki.la/a/139245620
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

*Bi or Pansexual(Like Tumblr)

Maybe the real reason he likes Asuka is how man-like she is.

He probably would have sucked Rei or Asuka off if they got to him first.

No, he used to like girls too.

Yes.

He was gayer in the past

It's not gay if it's Kaworu.

Hes not gay, just desperate for attention. We know shinji likes women so the point of.kaworu being a guy is 1. Yaoi pandering and 2. To show that he just wants ANY form of contact.

Anno says you're wrong.

I think Kaworu was more of a Shinji's idealized-self imaginary friend. Except he wasn't imaginary.

Anno did say he's just a perfect version of Shinji.
Be honest user, would you fuck a perfect version of yourself if you had the chance?

I'd fuck just a normal version of me given the chance.

Rub your dick on a mirror then

If a cute boy started paying attention to me I'd probably go gay too. I'm starved for affection.

boards.fireden.net/a/search/image/esDh9PcfzOZNqjModrS4Xg/

If you want to act like a spambot so much, then I hope you enjoy your inevitable 30 day ban that happens to all spambots/sciptkiddies that run on Sup Forums.

He's not gay, he just wants dick up his butt.

He was painfully effete from the very start, his faggotry should surprise no-one.

He's bisexual and a horny teenager

Not frequent enough to be spam

>bisexuality doesn't exist

Greece pls go

Kaworu is Shinji's Tyler Durden. Interestingly both of these end with the main character killing his ideal self image and sharing the destruction of the world together.

cont.

meant to say sharing the world together with female protag

Tell that excuse to the mods.

kaworu is one of the past incarnations of shinji

Shut the fuck up

No.

That doesn't sound very comfortable user.

I don't think hugging a mirror sounds comfortable either.

It's close.

He's his idealized version of himself (his ego ideal). And following the Jung-Freud bullshit that Anno loved, we build our idea of love (romantic one) in an idealized version of ourselves since infancy: the self which has what we lack. That's the image we project to the real world, seeking people that match those traits. Your 'type'. It's an unconscious process.

Kaworu happened to be literally the embodiment of this. Shinji fell in love with him at first sight. Imagine how devastating it must have been to have to lose him by his own hand not so long after that?

Anno was on drugs but he used to know what he was doing.

It's exactly how attraction and romance is built by Freudian schools which Anno followed by admission when he made Evangelion.

Kaworu was THE love interest not because it was yaoi pandering or idiot stuff like that back then, but because he was exactly how Anno pictured Shinji's ego ideal and thus embodiment of love (which he is exactly in EoE: The words I love You).

>with female protag
That was Misato in Eva.

Asuka was dead when the world was destroyed. Shinji shared that experience with his mother, Kaworu and Rei instead.

The rebirth of the world fagged him up a little

It was yaoi pandering.

>yaoi pandering
>in the 90s
?

>yaoi pandering
>not in the 90's
?

Phenomena like Free! are just a thing now as it was discussed some months ago yuki.la/a/139245620
Those are shows that will never go anywhere, nothing will ever be confirmed, that's why it can be called bait and pandering, I wouldn't put them at the same level of shows like CCS, Utena, Devilman or even EoE with Maya. They had no need to add that yet they did.

Though now that I think about it, Devilman wasn't from the 90s, but it's just an example. It's just that I think they had more to lose adding some homosexuality tones in Eva than the opposite.

Anno and Sadamoto would kick your face for saying that heresy.

how so? he rejected Misato the episode right before, if he were that desperate he would have gladly accept her advances

He knew that would never actually happen. Buttstuff can happen anywhere anytime though.

Nah, it was a lot like all of the fucking Christian imagery, just meant to be controversial for more attention.

He sees Misato as a motherly figure.
At the very least he's bi, but definetely not gay.

kys

Gay

He could have done buttstuff with Misato, though. Your argument isn't very strong.

>you will never do buttstuff with misato

why live

Yes, he literally jerks it to Asuka, the manliest girl who ever was.

>wanting Pen Pen's sloppy seconds

Gross

Manga > Anime

Rei is a toilet

Shinji is a pure boy. Stop having lustful thoughts about him.

Shinji has a mother complex

Shinji was/ is sexually confused. Only tumblerites say "he's gay! it's canon!"; he's not gay.

say that to gainax and their Stripping Instrumentality Project artbook

more just desperate for any kind of love and affection he can get.
like /r9k/

Nothing wrong with that user.

manga shinji was the gayest shinji of them all, he was full blown tsundere, and for the most autistic and awful version of kaworu.

So the reason I don't love anyone is because I hate myself? That makes sense I guess.

Shinji's ideal version of himself is one that wants to die? I don't buy it. He was just a fag, he knew this guy for not even one day and loved him.

>Interviewer: But wouldn’t the name Nagisa Kaworu fit even a girl?
>Anno: But that’s a young man! There’s no feminine sense whatsoever, right? Because it’s Shinji and another Shinji. Since it’s an ideal Shinji that’s appearing, it can’t be a girl.
>Interviewer: Ah, I see.
>Anno: Since he’s the character who’s clearing up all of the complexes that Shinji has.

What did he mean by this?

Anno is a tumblrite?

>ideal version of Shinji
>Shinji himself is incredibly fucking feminine
>probably wishes he was a girl

Kaworu has also some feminine traits, he has many aspects from the girls

>As the last Angel, if I make his profile a combined form the people that the past Angels made a contact with——what about something like this——I have this concept. That is why some parts of Kaworu look like Shinji, some parts look like Rei, some parts look like Asuka……
>In order to make him sexy, I pay special mind to his collarbone and waist, I wanted him to have that peculiar flamboyant feel and beauty that only belongs to a boy. He is thin, but have strong bones. I don’t want him to overlap with Shinji, so I made him a handsome boy type.
>So far, my male characters like in The Wings of Honneamise and Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water, what should I say, I always thought they lacked something……
>Even though Shinji tries very hard, in the end, he is still a pussy, right? So Kaworu is a very rare type. His whole person is very handsome, Gainax never let me design someone like this before. His chin is sharp and clean, and his eyes and lips…… If you wanna put a label on it, perhaps more like Johnny’s Jr. Even though he doesn’t look like one special person, but his whole image looks like Johnny’s Jr. When the Anime was still on air, I came across some Johnny’s Jr’s children. Their skin are really soft and pretty, they are very cute. Their faces look like a girl, with long and slender limbs. I remembered I thought that “so this is what a boy look like before he become a man”.

this, he might have fucked penpen if it could talk and showed love to shinji

Nah, he just has a raging mancrush on Ikuhara.

Sadamoto sounds like a homo whenever he talks about Kaworu

yes

What about stuff like Weiss Kreuz or Gundam Wing?

I haven't watched Weiss Kreuz, but Wing had no homolust.

This, Kaworu has sincere conviction in the 8th grade nihilism Shinji abandons after seeing it himself in 3rd Impact. Between that, actually having nothing but the role he was made for and being immediately disliked by everyone else he ever meets, he's treated more like Shinji's depression's self-image.

>kys

Shinji wanted to kill something but didn't have the courage to do it, as we see in the scene where he's sitting on top of the cliff.
In this aspect, Kaworu is actually his ideal. He's not afraid of death.

Let's keep this thread alive ...

THIS.

Why? We've talked about Shinji being a fag for decades, is any other faggotry allowed?

We've already established Shinji is a raging homo for the millionth time, let it die.

he wanted make fuck father

yeah

You guys sure like beating a dead horse

He spends the fall into Terminal Dogma confused by the concept of survival and equating hope with suffering, it's a little more than not being afraid.

He's just indifferent to the concept of death to begin with.
He doesn't see any more value in being alive than being dead.
He's an ideal to Shinji in this way because where Shinji doesn't have the courage to kill himself despite wanting to, Kaworu does.

semantics. i guess i could say protags primary love interest instead.

That's not applicable to Eva though

Not him, but I always felt like Eva was a stealth harem anime. I know it's not, I'm just joking

Maybe if Kaji or Gendo were the MCs, since they were the ones getting bitches

Man, it's weird seeing a smiling Rei or Gendo. Also, Gendo would never betray Yui, he knows she's best Eva girl.

Calling death the only freedom isn't indifference.

He's indifferent as in he doesn't care whether he lives or dies, but he thinks both have value; the problem is he thinks they both have the same exact amount of value.

But he fugged the Akagis

Eva is as much of a harem as Haruhi is

Shinji is gay
>literally jerks off to Asuka

>jerks off to the manliest person in the show

cute

This image never fails to crack me up, no matter how many times I see it.

Fucking Karl and all his clones