newyorker.com/magazine/2008/07/21/making-it
law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/2/2c
rangevoting.org/SplitLR.html
elections.ca/home.aspx
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'm defending this because I dislike Democrat policies

fucking gerrymandering holy shit

Democrats just get mad whenever Republicans beat them at their own game

Disagreeing with Democrat policies doesn't mean you should deprive people of representation.

Some states are absolutely disgusting with the gerrymandering.

Austin has 3 Republican Congressmen. Really makes u think.

Dems do it all the time, it's like taking steroids in a professional sport, everybody does it.

>two wrongs make a right
Do you realize how childish and UnAmerican you sound right now?

Mexicans BTFO by superior republican cartography.

Post some blue states nigger

That's the way politics works. Democrats would do the exact same thing.

>implying there's anything wrong with electorally disadvantaging your political opponents
Hell, the Democrats are doing it on a demographic level, its just that those demographics dont go out and vote in midterms.
If they could they would, and you really ought to get off your high-minded naivety about everyone coming around a campfire singing Kumbaya with this outdated notion that politics should in anyway be about compromise or cleanly done

>grouping all of your voter bloc together so they can be gerrymandered
lol, maybe if you teach blacks to farm this wouldn't happen

Fuck outta my state faggot! Back to Jew York yankee scum!

>muh martyr's slave morality
kek. get a load of this goy.

defend bringing in mass illegals to Cali, let them vote*, get more electoral votes than they should.

* attorney general will not cooperate with feds on voter rolls. Hmm, I wonder why?

Fuckin nice
If we can do this to dems everywhere they'll be fucked eternally

Yup, you are definitely an immature child. Thanks for confirming.

Most of the worst states had districts drawn by Republicans.

Illegals can't vote.

>teach blacks to farm
Really makes me think.

This.

Gerrymandering goes back to the 19th century.

Obama would not have been elected a senator if not for gerrymandering. stop with the moral faggery

who cares about niggers?

hey rabbi! watchu doin?

Yeah it was a very close election lol

Posting Chicago.

>democrats mostly live in small urban cities
>whine about how the majority of the state is red

Please keep crying.

>Court determines that Black communities should have reliable representation
>Predominantly blank communities are grouped with reliably Democratic whites to ensure representation
>Democrats spend four decades alienating whites
>There are no longer reliably Democratic whites to ensure black representation
Wtf I hate court mandates now

Inconsequential.

Democrats "gain" 8 seats from gerrymandering
Republicans gain 25 seats from gerrymandering

Without gerrymandering, the House would be 224-211.

Dems also would've had majorities in the House for 2008-2010 (they already did) and 2012-2014.

Obama won his seat in the Illinois state senate with 82% of the vote in a contested election with no incumbent. That doesn't happen without gerrymandering.

And? Both parties do it and it is completely legal.

Go cry to your representative if you want it changed.

funnily enough that one is often held up by social justice types an example of what others should copy. The people who thought it up had it on their wedding cake, they are damn proud of it. It connects two entirely black or hispanic areas (i forget which one it was). That way that district's representative represents solely one ethnic group. This is the civil right's act's pressures on creating districts to serve as ethnic proportional representation.

In other words it's an abomination that only serves to encourage ethnic tension and otherness in a city that Sup Forums has an entire general dedicated to keeping track of how fucked up it is by ethnic tension and otherness.

>actually believing in (((((((democracy)))))

state senate you disingenuous kike rat
>In the March 19, 1996 primary election, Obama, running unopposed on the ballot, received 16,279 votes in winning the Democratic nomination for state senator for the 13th District
>running unopposed on the ballot

newyorker.com/magazine/2008/07/21/making-it

>Defend this.
law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/2/2c

>In each State entitled in the Ninety-first Congress or in any subsequent Congress thereafter to more than one Representative under an apportionment made pursuant to the provisions of section 2a(a) of this title, there shall be established by law a number of districts equal to the number of Representatives to which such State is so entitled, and Representatives shall be elected only from districts so established, no district to elect more than one Representative (except that a State which is entitled to more than one Representative and which has in all previous elections elected its Representatives at Large may elect its Representatives at Large to the Ninety-first Congress).

If you don't like it, vote for candidates who will overturn it.

>I'm disingenuous
>you tried to mislead by stating his election as SENATOR (not state senator) was rigged
Pic related is you

>mandatory majority-minority districts
Holy shit, it's like you're not even trying to use your fucking brain.

Democrats live in one area. Republicans tend to move around

2012 was the biggest scam

There is only one true solution to gerrymandering. Deciding how districts are drawn must be taken entirely out of peoples hands. Neither politicians or courts can be trusted.

Instead we should use the Shortest Split Line method. It's literally impossible to tamper with.

rangevoting.org/SplitLR.html

Go check your state and see.

I defend this because as awful as Republicans are, they're not communist Democrats.

i was clearly implying that he would not have been a politician without gerrymandering. the fact that you assumed i meant US senator tells me that you should read up more on the history of your hero, you ignorant faggot.

And yet they voted

>republicans control most of the land

Still believe in Democracy? LOL what a rook.
I'll humor you. (((Democrats))) bring in mass immigrants that they know will vote Left. Defend that?

pretty interesting

>MUH POPULAR VOTE

In the 3 elections since Bernie last defended his Senate seat, over 80 people *lost* Senate races while receiving more votes than Bernie did in Vermont.

Anyone who bitches about gerrymandering or the electoral college but *doesn't* bitch about the Senate is just a partisan idiot fishing for excuses.

go drumpfs!!

Land doesn't vote.

People do.There were less foreign born people in the US in 2010 than in 1860, 1870, 1880, 1890, 1900, 1910, and 1920.

The USA has always had a strong immigrant population going back to the early 1800s

>used to be in comfy, white, suburban district 9
>they moved the border ever so slightly
>now I'm in district 12

>highest amount of foreigners in almost a century

Wait, so are you agreeing with us or not?

property owners have different economic and political incentives that city dwellers don't care about
liberals would rather highly tax them

The number of foreign born people only decreased after 1920 because the economy collapsed. The current immigration count is nothing new.

What a highly advanced system.

I'd imagine it's necessary with the racial demographics of North Carolina, otherwise you can't have a democratic system of government at all

Democrats have gerrymandered the entire country by importing millions of people from the Third World who only vote left wing.

Wyoming only has 1 congressional district

Alright, so can we go back to 1920s taxes and voter rights too?

Yup. Now share the pick of it's current congressional district

It's the worst in "republican" areas... shows the deepest gerrymandering in places like Illinois, New York, California, Wisconsin, Colorado, Virginia, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, North Carolina. Unless you are saying that all those states that have traditionally voted liberal are somehow now pure conservative because of the last election, I imagine you like revisionist history that all history needs to be white washed to make it equal for the current trend of bleeding heart progressiveness.

Get over it, you lost, keep losing and every time you throw a tantrum you make it more and more obvious why you will not be winning anytime soon. Grow up, get a job, and pull yourself up by your bootstraps, you might become a man one day and learn a cohesive argument.

Same goes for the white nationalists who blame da jooz, you are as bad as niggers blaming dat evol wite man.

I won't. Gerrymandering (by both parties) is part of the reason why this country is so divided

see Republicans get a 17 seat advantage by gerrymandering.

4 of the 5 worst states were controlled by Republicans. The other (New York) had a split legislature.

any time you bring up the senate the entire confederacy of tiny states rise up as one and stab you repeatedly in the ankles until you accept "one state one vote" as the guiding principle of democracy.

California has a non partisan electoral commission. Are you fucking retarded bro?

1926 Act

>Trump got 42% of the votes but won the Presidency.

>Donald Trump lost the game he wasn't playing but won the game he was playing.

It is called white power, moron. Not the in your face pointy-hooded heathen screamer, but the subtle power or racial solidarity, superior organization, and natural skills and intellect. It is easy for the white man to rule, especially in the majority, like in NC, but it has even proven to be possible and beneficial to all when he is a minority.

Cities need to be isolated to contain the cancer they have. A city is one big reddit-tier hive mind. Politics are supposed to represent people from all over, not a huge mass of degenerates packed into a city who all think the same.

>dey got less representation!
how's that again? They have the same voting power

It's like poetry.

If faggots and Niggers all want to live in a couple oh ghettoized neighborhoods and only help each other, then faggots and Niggers don't get to make choices for everyone. Does that explain it for you Nigger Faggot?

Each district is apportioned by population. That doesn't even make sense. An urban district and a rural district are supposed to be roughly the same size by population.

Do u fucking retards not understand your own country?

Get fucked faggot. You can burn in he'll for all I care, and you can take all the commie transplants in Chapel Hill with you.

>if you lose you win

Republican mantra

>nonpartisan
Great meme leaf. Nobody and therefore nothing is “nonpartisan”. Everyone is biased, everyone has an agenda. It’s another one of those lefty word games like “undocumented citizen” meant to take your guard down.

It's a system in which the ruling party bribes the people who divide the states so they can group up as much of the oppositions population, and since each voting area has the same amount of power, regardless of population the technical minority party wins

>what is even the basic premise of gerrymandering
Moron

elections.ca/home.aspx

I really liked Alan Keyes, he made Sup Forums look like Tumblr.

>linking to a worthless leaf site when we are taking about the US
(You)

53% is the majority

Very cool. Looks fair too.

Why do you care? There's only the uniparty anyway. The people don't have representation. Or is this the issue you were told to care about, citizen?

Republicans will eventually lose power due to niggers becoming a majority after basically banning abortions.

>wahhh it's not fairrr
you sound childish
watch the "gerrymandering fix" coincidentally gerrymander for democrats and then come back and tell us about fair

Leftism is objectively evil. If you have to go outside the bounds of democracy to fight it, then so be it.

Soon user, soon. Be patient, we will make America what it is supposed to be.

I love my state :)

Libs get fucked

>s. The other (New York) had a split legislature
In 2016... Like I said, you are a huge fan of revisionist history, look at it year by year, this year this vote cycle it looks good for republicans, well, as in it's intended.
Look at the obama, blush, and clinton, era. Hell look at regan and carter. There is no true impartial system but saying it's rigged for republicans is woefully not looking at the past. Welcome to first past the post, it's not perfect but it's the best we have. Unless you want your comrades deciding who's vote counts and who's doesn't, that is until your version of what is moral is no longer in favor, then I guess you get the rope too.

Look at the vote composition WHEN THEY DREW THE MAP

I know Republicans are stupid, but jesus christ...

>what is gerrymandering
This happens everywhere and neither side will do anything about it because that would mean giving up key areas.

agreed

>Nobody and therefore nothing is “nonpartisan”.

Yup. it's fair enough to be acceptable for any state even if it's not perfect. And because it's just a math formula it's literally untouchable. No special interest can carve it up.

It's the sword solution to the Gordian knot. Simple. predictable, and unassailable.

You don't represent just the people that voted for you you represent everyone that is in your voting district.

Fuck democrats.

Because fuck libtards