All You need is Kill

We all know the movie is better than this edgefest right?

no

No. Book>Manga>>>>Movie

I like them all

The movie mostly for tom cruise dying over and over

Are you fucking kidding me.
The original is one of the best time loop stories iI have ever seen and the Hollywood movie butchered every good point about it and fucked up the plotline just for a cheap hollywood ending.
Worse are the actor choices for the movie aswell as a general kidnaping a well known publicity worker and throw him in to the fooder soldier with faked papers just because of some beef between them, despit ethe pubilicity worker being the sole reason he can even do his campaingn.

Fuck off scientology tard we do need praise the Xenu here.

Didn't Re:Zero basically steal this premise?

it's not like this was the first "redo the day forever" story

Rita is so much more based in the film than manga.

She looks like some 13 year old cute girl in the manga who's never been to battle.

Better than an edgy for no reason bad end.

>Rita is so much more based
In the movie It's a wonder how she's a respected soldier when she's pretty ineffective on the battlefield. I thought that despite her description in the book/manga they made it apparent that she was deserving of the title "Fullmetal Bitch"

>In the movie It's a wonder how she's a respected soldier when she's pretty ineffective on the battlefield.
You mean besides the fact that she singlehandedly won humanity their pivotal battle and was by far the most skilled soldier alive?

>You mean besides the fact that she singlehandedly won humanity their pivotal battle and was by far the most skilled soldier alive?
Show don't tell. Movie Rita has terrible reflexes.

It's not that she was ever a particularly amazing soldier, she stopped being effective when they drained her blood because she cheated on the battlefield like the aliens did. She's been lucky enough to "survive" because the main character happened to gain the same ability before she died for good.

>Show don't tell.
It's not her story.
>Movie Rita has terrible reflexes.
Better than that of most soldiers. I don't know how to tell you this, user, but no matter how skilled you are the chances of dying in those battles is huge.

I honestly just hate how the mangaka draws girls.

They all look the same

That was not edgy, stop using buzzwords or are you one of those apple turds.
A tragic end does not mean it is edgy, the setting also explained why it works like that.

I'm specifically comparing rita between the book and movie. Movie rita is not a soldier deserving of any accolades and it makes no sense why people would revere her. Book Rita retains her skills learned from looping and she continues to be an efficient mimic killing machine from then on.

The movie is passable but I don't like how they downplay the few characters that actually were in it.

It was a pointless story where the characters never stood a chance. Bait and Switch for shock value and nothing else.

>Movie rita is not a soldier deserving of any accolades and it makes no sense why people would revere her
Yes she is. The difference is the manga is less realistic pretending just because you have good skills you're a magical killing machine in the middle of a massive battlefield. Rita was as skilled as a soldier could get, it's simply that unless you're cheating, the individual skill of a single soldier means fuckall in a big battle like that.

>less realistic
Maybe I wanted to see a chick in battle armor wielding a giant axe? Why dumb that down under the banner of "realism"?

That is the entire point, humanity never actually stood a chance.
The film even fucked it up as the things they fight are not even the actual enemies.
The shit they fight are actually teraforming machines that change the planets environment to something suitable for another species.
That is also why the suits in the original are fullbody.

Because there's no reason that she could do any of that shit without her superpowers, dumbass.

So, the whole story was completely pointless. Amazing 10/10.

>Because there's no reason that she could do any of that shit without her superpowers, dumbass.
Maybe you should read what I'm saying. Anyone who loops increases their base skills in combat and since they have hundreds of loops to get better they can effectively train themselves to react to a lot of things.

Because the Mimics themselves are aware of the looping and can change their tactics it's not like going into the same groundhog day loop where nothing changes. You are always adapting.

Lastly you're ignoring the difference between the book and movie. In the book Keiji and Rita have a final confrontation on the naval base where they are staying. They take down numerous Mimics without needing to loop because they are both badasses at this point. They don't need the super power of looping except to take down the servers and read the battlefield to minimize casualties.

So once again. Difference between Movie Rita and book Rita is that movie rita doesn't come across as a capable soldier.

>since they have hundreds of loops to get better they can effectively train themselves to react to a lot of things.
Except all you're training for is the memory as any sort of physical training is rendered moot upon the reset. You can't get muscle memories, you can't get more fit, you can only bring up only so much of the enemy information at any given point, you can't see faster and you most certainly can't think faster. Seriously, there is a limit to how good a person can get before it reaches diminishing returns, nevermind the fact that the loop we see in the movie was actually many loops in already and was specifically designed to screw over everyone. Movie Rita isn't some shounen jump hero that can disregard physics here.

>Except all you're training for is the memory as any sort of physical training is rendered moot upon the reset.
That's a major point in the book. Keiji is aware that he physically doesn't change between loops but he still learns how to better handle himself on a battlefield and gains a much more hardened mentality to help him think logically as things go on.

And physical strength is somewhat a non-factor because both the book and movie hand out powered exoskeletons which renders relying on normal speed and strength irrelevant.

>Movie Rita isn't some shounen jump hero that can disregard physics here.
And yet movie Keiji runs around a battlefield like it's mario and gets away with some pretty physics defying maneuvers?

Except hardened mentality isn't going to do shit except make you more ruthless. It is not going to help you in any way when there are 10 of them all ganging up on you at the same time unless you specifically have the LN's version of powered armor that enhances their physical attributes.

The movie powered exoskeletons are extremely different from the LN version. LN are essentially powered armor that let's them do all sorts of crazy shounen hero things while movie version is more akin to how real life exo-skeletons are suppose to work. A way to carry and use heavy weapons into battle. It doesn't allow them to parry every single attacks from multiple enemies like fucking Naruto.

Read at least the damn manga.
He learns that all he train is his mind and that he has to rely on that.
He learns how to control the suit without the AI support that slows you down, he learns how to balance the damn axe without breaking himself in half and so on.
Muscle memory what you are reffering to is basicaly doing all this by instinct.
The point is they cannot do that, they have to rely on hundreds of loops of experience and having learned how to handle all these task not subconsciously, but consciously.

They basicaly had to learn multitasking.

If you actually read it you knew that they are not capable of that.
They cannot simply parry shit or they get ripped to shreds.
Exception is that Rita and MC both gained so much experience on how these shits move and what not that they know how to react in certain situations.

Which is the point I was making. Movie Rita was doing the same thing, except she doesn't have the time-looping. There was no way she could have learned those new patterns since she was out of the loop. She is an extremely capable fighter, but against enemies that are simply faster, stronger, better than her in every way, without the loop, even the most capable of soldiers is crap against them. They changed their attack pattern, there was nothing movie Rita could have done when they were doing things they hadn't done before. Hell, the fact that she was able to fight based only upon the words of Cruise is remarkable as is.

>hardened mentality isn't going to do shit except make you more ruthless
Or maybe it will keep you thinking logically and not get overwhelmed by your emotions. And it specifically does allow Keiji to think while surrounded and outnumbered.

>The movie powered exoskeletons are extremely different from the LN version. LN are essentially powered armor that let's them do all sorts of crazy shounen hero things while movie version is more akin to how real life exo-skeletons are suppose to work. A way to carry and use heavy weapons into battle. It doesn't allow them to parry every single attacks from multiple enemies like fucking Naruto.
Did you see the same movie I did. The book keeps the most crazy maneuvers to swinging an axe the size of a small car. No high flying maneuvers because that's not possible. Manga takes some liberties but even then it's still tame. Where is this "Shonen hero" thing coming from?

Movie suits allow Tom Cruise to basically drift through a battlefield and jump higher than humanly possible they are both crazy improbable suits.

And you don't parry in either the book or movie, you get out the way since Mimic's attack shreds armor in either medium.

>Which is the point I was making. Movie Rita was doing the same thing, except she doesn't have the time-looping.
My whole point is that Movie Rita is an inferior fighter overall compared to Movie Keiji, or book Rita. IT has nothing to do with her looping because at this point in the book she's seen so many battles she basically loops twice. Once to locate the server and memorize the battle. The second to take it out while minimizing casualties.

Movie Rita just sucks once she starts doing anything that isn't training Tom Cruise and it's a letdown to see a really capable fighter get sidetracked because of a poor adaptation.

Manga is way better than the movie but still lacks a lot of Yonabaru goodies from the book. The pre-battle conversations always make me crack a smile.

Book>Movie>>>>>>>trash>>>>Manga

Character designs are garbage and makes MC look more edgy

Better question, live in Valhalla looping forever with your waifu who will never remember you, or kill her and carry on?

Valhalla. Fuck humanity and fuck the future. The dream to live and die with your waifu on the glorious field of battle.

>Character designs are garbage and makes MC look more edgy
>edgy
inigomontoya.gif
Given that mimics will continue to evolve with each loop, I'd go with waifu murder.

You said she wasn't a capable fighter when in fact, she very much is. But when paired up against the Mimics that were doing things she had never seen before and had no looping power, she was effectively dead in the water. There wasn't anything she could have done without the looping to give her the experience she needs to recognize the patterns and fight accordingly. The fact that she was able to fight on even grounds after just hearing about it from Cruise goes to show how capable she is when she is given some insight on how the Mimics had changed their tactics.

>not a typical plain edge design

>You said she wasn't a capable fighter when in fact, she very much is
Not from what the movie presents because she spends most of her non training time getting led around by Keiji. The movie sets the precedence that Looping is the only way to keep up. Book establishes that through looping you can become a soldier capable of handling mimics efficiently whether you know what's going to happen next or not. Book Rita is a capable fighter no matter what happens across all the loops because she's already attained the necessary level of skill from her time being the only looper.

That's why I like book rita over movie rita. Movie Keiji basically watches her die dozens of times because she keeps getting killed by things as he tries to find the best route to the omega

Which is bullshit since the movie had effectively shown what happens when someone without looping power fares against someone that does. The Mimics had specifically crafted a scenario through numerous time loops for a near completely victory on the beach. Everything was designed to deal with each and every single person in that battle, including any future time-looper with a fake location of their core. Everyone was shown to be ineffective in that battle because the Mimics had made it that way. They knew about Rita from her previous looping and made specific plans against her. Just what did you expect to do when the enemy had specifically stacking the current battle in their favor since their last one. Movie Rita shows that combat experience is utterly meaningless when the enemy had looped enough times to negate all those experience. Movie Rita was a newbie of looping compared to the true masters of the Mimics.

>Movie Rita was a newbie of looping compared to the true masters of the Mimics.
Regardless of medium the Mimics are the undisputed masters of looping. Remember how they zeroed in on Keiji while he was doing his own looping? Once they ambushed him on the bridge it was a countdown to defeat?

But this is the difference. If you took Book rita and put her in a no-win scenario like the one on the beach I bet she would take a fair number of the Mimics down before dying because (at this point) she can fight irregardless of whether or not she can loop. Movie Rita admits that she's not as effective ever since the transfusion because, much like Tom Cruise, relied on just memorizing the placements on the battlefield like it was Dark Souls, whereas Book Rita and Keiji had Mimics who changed patterns during consecutive loops.

That's all I'm saying, I think the movie downgraded Rita.

They can't be compared when the movie was doing its own thing. The movie did good at what it set out to do, but it wasn't what happened in the book.

>whereas Book Rita and Keiji had Mimics who changed patterns during consecutive loops
Just like how the base suddenly gets attacked before they can make their own attack.

This

Yes. Original and manga just too fucking stupid and not make sense.