Introduces a great premise that could lead to a meta discussion about government and corruption

>introduces a great premise that could lead to a meta discussion about government and corruption.
>ends up being a moeshit show with brain washing hamsters.
Anyone else pissed off at this shit?

No, the first greentext would've lead to something completely garbage.

>a meta discussion about government and corruption
Sounds like pretentious shit, no thanks.

I'm pissed that they added plot to what could have been a comfy daily life on boats.

I agree: There was a lack of Shima.

No, it was great. The grimdark fags getting blown the fuck out was the best part.

>introduces a great premise that could lead to a meta discussion about x and y.
>ends up being a moe/shounen/fujo/whatever else shit show with retarded plot

Literally 95% of anime, no need to get pissed

>Anyone who doesn't agree with me is grimdark edgy fags
You know they can make things be interesting and lighthearted without being half-hearted and half-assed about it.

It wasn't half-assed. The ship battles were great. People are just mad the girls weren't dying every other episode.

More like people mad at ham-fisted drama of forgettable characters and silly plot device at trying to have serious situation.

haifuri in a nutshell

>serious
>Haifuri

I have no idea how people thought the show tried to be remotely serious.

>some people thought a show about ships is going to be exactly same as a show about tanks

It's pretty hilarious how retarded some people can be.

>some people thought a show about military is going to be as interesting as the other show about military
It's pretty hilarious how wrong they could be.

You're right, Haifuri was way more interesting than GuP.

Mike > Miho
Festival episode > every GuP episode

It was a fun show with good battle scenes. The virus brain washing plot device wasn't great, but a corruption one would have been just as cliched and shitty. They needed a reason for them to shoot at other boats and that's what it was. For SW it was neuroi, for GUP it was some tournament. It sure as hell wasn't a serious anime demonstrated by the festival episode.

More character development would have been nice, but what can you do in a 13 episode cour.

>moeshitters actually believe this

I was okay with the hamster infestation because I assumed it was reference to cholera infestations that real sailors had problems with and they believe it was spread by rats. So I thought they were clever to choose that angle.

My only gripe is that the final battle was a little more predictable as I would have liked. I wanted to see infected crew from another ship trying to board Harekaze for a change, and perhaps making good use of Kuro's sumo skill.

All in all, fun show, but just like many other original shows recently, 12 episode format is not enough to flesh things out. One extra episode would be enough to fill in some gaps but I guess 13 episode schedule is too tight of a schedule.

doujins when?

>Implying I want to watch a show about a bunch of corrupt government assholes
I'll take cute girls doing boat things with a side of mind control hamsters over that any day. There are plenty of other shows to watch if I want to get frustrated over constant backstabbing and general dickishness.

>a meta discussion about government and corruption
Is dime a dozen/go read a book stuff
Are there really brainwashing hamsters? That I would watch.