Why did the Dutch lost almost all their colonies and the colonial war? They had one of the best fleets

Why did the Dutch lost almost all their colonies and the colonial war? They had one of the best fleets.

Other urls found in this thread:

ft.com/content/a3afe44c-769e-11e7-a3e8-60495fe6ca71
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because like OP they were too stupid to use the internet.

Yanks made us do it, or no more marshall shekels for us.

What the hell are you talking about?

After World War II, we fought two conflicts in Indonesia (Operation Product and Operation Kraai) and we won both despite being outnumbered and having to send soldiers to the other side of the world from a wrecked country. But then the Americans started to crusade against European colonialism in an attempt to win over the world's nonwhites. They began to threaten us with a withdrawal of reconstruction funds, and Indonesia was already a net loss before World War II so keeping it was not worth a loss of American money for us. That is why we abandoned Indonesia... after we captured their capital and imprisoned their 'independent government'.

Napoleon

Uh, your operations didn’t really matter.

The locals had seen your Forces handily defeated by the Nihon Kaigun. The Japanese coopeted Sukarno and other locals, even though they sent thousands of Indonesians off to forced labor. Indonesia had the closest thing to independence on the entire Co-Prosperity Sphere.

Had the two atomic bombs had no effect, Slim’s 14th Army would have invaded in October as a run up to DOWNFALL, MacArthur’s landings in Kyushu. I think the operation was called CAROUSEL, but I’m not sure. It involved the recapture of Singapore and landings in the vicinity of Batavia with a view to operations throughout Java. However, at this stage in the war, the Americans and the Brits never gave any serious thought to reestablishing permanent Dutch authority in Indonesia.

ft.com/content/a3afe44c-769e-11e7-a3e8-60495fe6ca71

For the same reason that Britain lost all of their colonies despite having one of the best fleets.

The Americans demand you decolonise, you decolonise.

>Uh, your operations didn’t really matter.
They did, though. On a military level, both operations were clean victories that handed us control of all important infrastructure, all important ports and all big cities. During Operation Product, which lasted for only a few weeks, 150,000 out of 200,000 Indonesian fighters were captured, wounded or killed. During Operation Kraai, we quickly captured the rebel capital and captured the members of the rebel government who had not fled into the jungle.

>However, at this stage in the war, the Americans and the Brits never gave any serious thought to reestablishing permanent Dutch authority in Indonesia.
We didn't either. We had decided that Indonesia, which had operated at a net fiscal loss for years before World War II, should be independent, but only in good order. This required, on two occasions, the defeat of rebel governments and forces. And that is what we did. So we were never defeated militarily by the Indonesians, we gave them their independence after two succesful military interventions because you Americans decided to cuck out and stick feathers up the asses of all nonwhites in the world to keep them from going Commie. How's Hart-Celler working out for you, by the way?.

Oh look, it is the "I hate the Dutch" poster again. Nobody will be swayed by your shitposting.

Almost like his oneitis is a whore in Amsterdam and he's butthurt over that.

American foreign policy truly hates any white country.

Who told Germany they should take in Turkish immigrants in the 70s and 80s?
USA did!

Hey , thank you for the tax money

dutch people are dumb as fuck like every scandinavian.

We made the mistake in trusting the american nigger mongrel.

That's okay. To you it's a fortune, to us it's chump change.

>American foreign policy truly hates any white country.
gee i (((wonder))) why?

It is a fortune when my father managed to build 3 different houses from the unemployment benefits (he had something wrong in one of his eyes so he leeched very well )

Any books on this subject?

ISRAEL is our GREATEST A Lly and if you dont AGREE with them you HATE AMERICA!!!!!!

Dunno if there are any standard works. If there are, I haven't found them. The subject's been highly politicized in the second half of the twentieth century, so anything post-1960s is probably going to be either "we did nothing wrong and those unarmed villagers were a threat to us" or "we were just the worst and we should probably dismantle our country in order to repent".

Did he build them in Morocco?
If so, good for him that he went back.