Yesterday I was talking to a colleague and he said that I'm the smartest person he's ever met

Yesterday I was talking to a colleague and he said that I'm the smartest person he's ever met.

And that was not the first time I heard that, so I was thinking about it ... I'm not really a smart guy, smart and super brainiac.

Actually I think that i am pretty dumb as fuck, but besides that, people consider me a intlectual guy. I recginoze that i'm smater than a lot of people which it's very sad, because I don't believe that I am. A door could be clever than me.

Now I ask you, did this ever happened to you? Are you considered smater than the majority but still not a clever guy?

Why do this happens?

>smater, really nigga
It’s smarter
Sage and move on nothing a value.

>I'm not really a smart, clever and super brainiac guy.**
>recognize**

How you can see...

check your flag and you'll find understanding

Take an IQ test, you are probably smart enough to realize you don't know everything.

That too.

I learned english all by myself, my grammar sucks, sorry.

100-108
Depends on my emotional state at the moment.

I'm a regular dude.

You are just more well read than your peers.
Nothing out of the ordinary here in monkey land

Felt the same. Destroy IQ tests but have always thought myself average as fuck

went and got some tests done. I have ADHD and a dash of autism which makes me feel thick as fuck

get the tests done

It happens to me too. Retards just consider people who look smart, smart. In other words, you probably wear glasses and look like a nerd.

I've had people say it to me without even knowing me and without me ever having done or said anything smart in their presence. Most people judge things off looks in a split second. In this way "smarter person" is actually an insult meaning "the most like a nerd".

ability to see things in a different way

Ok.
No glasses.

Just saying things that are little bit above common sense.

That's makes me think "wow, seems like everyone its stupid and i am a superior being but....I feel like shit, how it this possible?"

Because the majority of humanity is dumb as fuck + normies that get everything from the tube or the radio or their normie friends + fluoride and fast food and sugar inflaming your brain causing ataxia =

Anyone who has done some reading, some research, some critical thinking or even thinking in general, is smarter than 80% of the West and 99% of the less developed world.

Because you live in Brazil Pedro.

It's a bit like Luke Wilson in "Idiocracy."

You really fucking suck at spelling and grammar and you're still the smartest guy in Brazil. What a fucking surprise.

it's relative. you might be the smartest person in a small town or shit tier country but globally there are a lot of smart people with strengths in specific areas

Funny shit

Agreed.
That too.

That's why i'm asking for you guys.

Yes.

My writting/oral english is bad because i do not pratice a lot. Just like a said, i'm dumb and lazy.

Quite a few people have told me that I give off the impression of being very intelligent. I've even been given job offers from people I had only met on the same day. It baffles me, because I am not even well-spoken and often have trouble putting my thoughts into words. What I do have is broad rather than specialized knowledge, so I feel like I can talk to people about a large variety of topics and that may be what gives off that vibe of being intelligent. I also don't watch TV, so I assume I read a lot more than the average person, even if just online articles. I would put it this way: I think I know a bit more than most people, but that doesn't make me more intelligent than them.

You just hang out with morons. You appear to be of sub-normal intelligence desu

They are humoring you out of pity you dumb shit.

>I feel like I can talk to people about a large variety of topics and that may be what gives off that vibe of being intelligent.

Bingo.

Dumb people think that being able to remember one thing about two things is genius-level shit.

Just think back to what you knew about the world when you were 4. That's about the same knowledge base that most of the population is working from, so if you can recall things like the name of the current US president or what corn is, you will blow people's minds.

Attended top grammar school in country (year group beat Eton).
Can't even hold a job for a month.

>be me
>similar situation, except I'm very arrogant and always think I'm the smartest guy in the room
>took real (not fake, Internet based) IQ test for psych lab credit in college, scored a 156 and the part I fucked up was math due to my mild dyslexia which makes me confused by numbers that I jumble in my head (which is why I'm good at metaphysics but have problems with real world math applications)
Suck it haters

It's a matter of operating outside people's expectations. It's happened to me a bunch. Just because you can wax existential, extroverted retards who never take time to reflect will think you're some kind of savant. Like how your grandma thinks you're a wizard for plugging in her computer and hooking up the monitor.
For instance, I'm a musician. I realize you don't have to be intelligent to be musically talented. But I have performed like literal trash and sounded like a madman and people are still amazed. I'm not the smartest guy in the world but non-musicians think I'm a genius because I'm mildly proficient at my job.

A lot of artists score low on IQ tests anyway, people who aren't neuro-typical sometimes panic in high stress/anxiety environments like test taking and can't function. Daniel Johnston really is a genius, but there is no fucking way that guy is ever going to even finish a test in the time allotted.

Wow

You must be a really hardcore Rick & Morty Fan.

(PICKLE RIIICK)

Really more of a Home Movies guy tbqh

>tfw a girl complimented me after playing an open mic and wanted to buy me a drink but I was too frustrated from playing shitty and too autistic to realize she was hitting on me

It's amazing how much more data you can collect when you hold no grudges against information. Even the most intelligent people i know are fucking idiots because there's still knowledge they consider "dangerous".

I get what you're saying, but this seems like a circle jerk thread. Might as well start tugging.
I'm considered extremely intelligent by just about everyone I know but I don't consider it worth anything. I rank at or near the bottom of all measures of success amongst my friends, so my response is that I can't be too smart if I haven't figured out how to really get my shit together. >inb4 mom's basement I'm independent, but I don't have a great job and I have a girlfriend who can't get her shit together either and I shift between loathing and loving her. I'm fairly fit and have a degree (as much as that means anymore), so not all is bad, but still, being smart means nothing to me if I have nothing to show for it.

You're right. And it's not like it used to be, where music was something cerebral and you studied for years and years to gain relevant knowledge before sitting down and composing works rather than just walking into the studio and rattling off some chords. I have no doubts that composers like Mozart were bona fide geniuses. But like I said, with music production being how it is these days, it really does not take genius to have a pretty voice.
Plus, becoming a full-time musician is a very high-risk move, so by the very nature of the game a lot of musicians are going to be unstable or addled people. Just look at Kanye ffs.

When I was in college people would always say I'm really smart but I think I just look smart I actually think I'm a retard. I have a long running conspiracy theory that everyone is always nice to me and says I'm smart because I come off as retarded and they don't want me to feel bad.

>Recites the Interstates that run through each of the 50 largest cities.
>"Wow user, you're really smart."