3x3 thread

Post your disgusting pleb taste in a 3x3 grid.

4/5
I like you.

I SAY CRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIER

Hello friends

1/3
2/5

2/3
5/7
5/5

0/0. This is too obscure for me.
1/1.
3/4. Luluco wasn't that good.

3/5
1.5/3
3/4
2.5/3

Di Gi Charat is a fuckin good show

exactly.

Like the shows, but there are other girls I prefer from each show practically.

That's fine. I wasn't going for a 3x3 of my favorite girls.
5.5/8 acceptable.
7/8 you're alright.

2/4
2/3
7/8
3/3
5/10
1/3

Can you post that double one with shorts? Or give the names from that one that aren't on this one.

1/2
3/5
6/7
6/6
8/15
I have no idea
8/8 + 50 for Porco
2/2 ( I think )
3/5

What's the the Original Film GitS? I have a huge preference for SaC.

>What's the the Original Film GitS
I don't know what you're asking

4/4

7/7

3/3

5/5

We need to go bigger
12/15
-Higurashi, TTGL, Elfen Lied

>Kamichu
My nigga

1/1

5/6 -NHK

2/2 manga
3/3 anime

There are several people who have the first Ghost in the Shell film on their 3x3 instead of the clearly superior Stand Alone Complex.

Sup Forums-crossboarder/10

I don't even really play video games.

That one's not mine but it does have a couple of similar picks. I think it also has shorts by Noburou Oofuji, Naoyuki Tsuji, Kawamoto Kihachiro so you can give those a try if you're curious about more indie anime.

2/2
2/2
3/3
5/7
4/4

Okay.
Decent.
Decent.
Bad.

2/3
1/2
4/6
0/0
Sorry.
1/1
5/5
12/12
1/1

5.5/7
-log horizon
-.5 for GGG final instead of GGG

5/6
I really like Nagato Yuki, but I just can't enjoy the franchise she's from as a whole.

9/9
I think that's probably the first and last time that's going to happen. But, god damn I like your taste.

6/6
I see that you, too, enjoy small and cute.

8/8
I really need to get around to watching Tatami Galaxy. I like that there are two Joe's in this thread though.

8/9
I'm thrilled to see Tyler, but I just couldn't enjoy Diebuster like I'd hoped.

14/16
Tamako Market and Hanairo were just not my jam, wouldn't say either was actually a bad series. I'm surprised to see Build Fighters and Gainer, but I can dig it.

>Voltes V
Nice.

About half the time I post my 3x3 with it someone asks if I'm Pinoy. I'm not, but I understand why they ask. It's fascinating to me that it was such a big deal there.

3/4 - Hanasaku Iroha
4/5 -- YuYuShit
6/8 -- Clannad, YuruYuri
(You)
I should watch more of those shorts. But Mizue Mirai is a one-trick pony. Watching Wonder was enough, looked into a half dozen others and they're all the same.
4/6 - La Maison en petit cubes -- Ping Pong
Pretentious.
At least there's Patlabor.
4/4 series
0/0 OVA. I thought Choujin R was supposed to be unwatchable without reading the manga?
2/3 manga - HxH
0/0 artists, that category is dumb.

1/5 --------- Fujomatsu

Tylor is great. I just wish there were raws for the light novels. Even though it's supposed to be WAY different then the series, I'd love to read them. Someone claimed they were translating them last year, but nothing seems to have come of it.

I consider Diebuster and Gunbuster the same thing. That probably rubs some people the wrong way, but I watched the together back to back when Diebuster first came out and really appreciated their differences.

Did you even watch more than the first episode?

7/7
4/7
12/14 -Elfen Lied, FLCL
2/2
5/5
7/8 -Ergo Proxy
9/12
0/3

>I thought Choujin R was supposed to be unwatchable without reading the manga?
I read the manga. I'd say the same about Megumi no Daigo, which is in the OVA and manga section for that reason. Definitely not for everyone though, I get that I've got questionable taste.
The artists are for fapping. That kind of thread has 3x3s sometimes and I wanted something to fill out my square.

Yeah, I'd love to see what the novels were like. I love the concept. If the anime series didn't get a little lost in the middle and the OVA wasn't so bad, I'd have put it in my 3x3 because I did really enjoy it. If I were better at kanji I'd offer to help.

The OVA was terrible - I pretend it doesn't exist.
> If I were better at kanji I'd offer to help.
Finding a copy of the novel is pretty hard. I've had people who would translate it several times, but I've never been able to even get the books to scan myself.

Not him, but the show had a huge tank is quality by episode eight or so.

Well, I obviously disagree. The only parts I disliked were some of the Girlymatsu bits and the Mad Max parody (went on too long).

But the second half also had some of the best segments, e.g. Sanematsu-san, Chibita's Flower, the whole race, Choromatsu Rising and the mahjong game. The final episodes were especially strong.

Thirteen of them up on Yahoo Auctions right now as one bulk auction for 700 yen. Say the word and I'll snap that up right now to scan, no joke.

>I should watch more of those shorts. But Mizue Mirai is a one-trick pony. Watching Wonder was enough, looked into a half dozen others and they're all the same.
That's why it's best to watch shorts by the same creator in chronological order in my opinion. Then you see how their style develops and it gives you more satisfaction. Mizue developed lots of his other techniques in his previous shorts and Wonder combined the all. Despite that I still really enjoyed Poker. It was kind of different and really great.

>0/0 artists
How the fuck is someone on Sup Forums unfamiliar with Rustle?

2/2.5 Manga - Read a few chapters of Eat-Man and that shit was not very good. Might give it another chance one day.
2/2.5 Manga - Ended up dropping Saint Onii-san for some reason, it wasn't very engaging I guess, the OVA and movie had such cool art it was much more engaging weirdly. Also, gotta read Houshin Engi, that shit looks cool.

7/7
REAL, One Outs, Kyou Kara Ore Wa, all great. Haven't read Buddha, don't recognise centre right.

Centre right is Dorohedoro, fucking great.

I'm kind of surprised you've read 7 of those if you don't recognize fucking Dorohedoro.

Kinda boring.

>Sup Forums crossboarderYeah, that's why he's got like six cute romcoms on his manga chart, right?

Aren't you embarrassed about this?

I haven't watched/read that much stuff yet, no bully
1/1
2/2
3/3
1.5/2 Death Note post-L still triggers me
2/2
1/1
1/1 right
2.5/3 Marnie was kinda eh
2/2 manga
1/1
1/1
1/1

>Unironically responding to the most boring taste in anime with different pictures

7/7
Houshin Engi, REAL, Slam Dunk, Voynich, JoJo, Neuro, and SZS are all great. I don't know the last two there, but I'll have to give them a shot.

Last 2 are Dungeon Meshi and Kami-sama ga Uso o Tsuku

Ah, I kept seeing panels from this but had no idea what it was. I guess now is the perfect time to catch up. Thanks for this.

I don't understand why people even bother trying to start rec threads when they can just wait for one of these, see what things people with similar interests enjoyed, and read/watch that instead.

Most people who start rec threads have literally never been to Sup Forums before and came here for the express purpose of making a rec thread, and no other reason.

What did you like about Shiki?

First of all I liked its crazy ass aesthetics and mood. It kept balancing between ridiculous and serious at the same time but somehow it managed to be effective at both. It played its tragedy side pretty much completely straight without any ironic shit, but I never found it stupid or overplayed. It also worked as an amazing thriller, keeping you guessing and constantly subverting your expectations. Overall, it was an immensely entertaining and surprisingly emotionally powerful experience.

Do you not understand how this works?

1/2, Middle looks interesting what is it?

4/4

3/4

3/4 What's middle right?

5/9

0/0

2/2

1/1

2/5

2/2

3x3,
7/9

.5/1

2/2 for tv series

5/6 of what I can recognise. What's top right?

3/5, middle right?

Fuckin what? It literally has 1 good scene and that's the doctor experimenting on how to kill his undead wife.

I had a mixed experience. For example, lots of the characters had these crazy designs mainly the main ones but lots of the side characters like the villagers somehow looked a lot more realistic and subtle, that felt a bit inconsistent to me. I did like the crazy aspects of the aesthetic tho. I liked the tension and the drama as well, but mainly because of the mysteries themselves. I didn't feel much for the characters on the other hand. I guess I would have liked if I had more of a reason to care for the Shiki a bit more. In the end I felt bad about what was happening mainly because any massacre looks bad, but the Shiki themselves were dicks and most of them turned evil pretty quick. This is also a common thing in fiction with vampires, but I always thought the "But we eat cows and don't care abotu them!" argument to be bullshit. I mean if cows could talk and communicate with me, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be too fond of eating them and even more so if I used to be one a few days earlier. The humans themselves also weren't too interesting at least not enough for me to care, besides Ozaki maybe and that kid that wanted to be Megumi's friend

Weirdly enough I did feel bad for Megumi herself. She was an evil bitch but also was one of the more colorful characters, plus she was pretty hot. Felt kind of bad seeing how she died.

6/9
9/9
5/7
5/9
1/9
5/8
7/9
3/9

Rate if you want to be rated buddy

0/10

It's kind of like a piece of fruit that seems way too ripe. It's got this weird intense pungent aroma and you're not sure whether it's really okay to eat it. But it's just so damn juicy and delicious that you can't help yourself. Either way you know that shit's powerful. Yeah, that sounds about right.

Anyway, it seems like you're questioning some of the morals in the story. I feel like this happens literally every time Shiki is discussed on Sup Forums, sometimes as a reason to hate the show, other times as a reason to love it. It's like a huge controversy where people thing the show's pushing some sort of a moral agenda but the interpretations are often very different. Well either way, it's making you feel something strong so I'd say it's a pretty significant achievement.

>Eat-Man
Why doesn't anyone like Eatman? It's nice 70s/80s style scifi short stories with a good feel.
Literally the first manga I ever read.

Because it's just boring.

I was mainly talking about that specific argument. I just hear it in every vampire show but to me it's just kind of dumb and I want to enter the show/film/game/book and just tell someone the counterargument finally every time I read or hear it. Since somehow the characters are completely speechless when they hear it.

It's got a few duds, but tons of the stories are good. I mean, it's a guy whose super power is eating & pooping, and immortality; just wondering around having adventures.

Oh yeah, I don't even remember that being a big thing in Shiki. As for the characters, I think I actually prefer it the way they handled it. They showed us a lot of different perspectives but we rarely got any detailed characterization. I guess most people think that more detailed characterization and reasons to relate to characters automatically equal good writing but I think that fiction is not as easily quantifiable. I liked the feeling of detachment and how they showed us the Shiki side of things but never really pushed the plight of the poor Shiki to make them feel universally relateable. On the other hand though, the pieces of characterization we did get made some of the character feel colorful, like you mentioned with Megumi or Masao.

I think in some cases it can bring weight to the kind of story you want to tell. The massacre would feel more impactful if we did care for the shiki in general, or got a feeling they were in the right to some degree, were justified or were suffering from their condition. The humans would feel more evil if by the time the massacre started the ones that took part in it mostly weren't people we never really got to know at all.

too superficial.

>5/6 of what I can recognise. What's top right?
Shamisen from Haruhi.

And 5.5/6 to you.

2/6. Terrible.

3/4 -- Ping Pong

Bah, it's pulp scifi shit. It supposed to be pretty superficial.

Simple story
Simple twist
Crazy setting

It's a good formula.

>it's supposed to be
That doesn't really change anything. There's really nothing about the stories to grab you, and the setting itself isn't really anything special. Just a lot of robots and some random fantastic stuff every so often.

>I think in some cases it can bring weight to the kind of story you want to tell
I suppose it could but like I said I don't think I'd want any more attachment. It would create an entirely different feeling if they made it more personal or morally grounded.

2/2
2/2 but props for Chiyahafuru.
1/2
2/2
3/4
2/3

>There's really nothing about the stories to grab you
Maybe you, but I like most of them. Maybe it's just something you can only enjoy if you grew up in the 70s/80s reading cheap scifi.

12/15 manga
1/3 manga
3/3
2/5

I know I shouldn't reply to such a long ago comment but:

>GITS
Masterpiece in the vein of modernist European arthouse cinema where dialogue only serves as texture. Works on a formal, technical and narrative level by mechanical and doll-like design. Multitudes of iconic imagery.

>SAC
Standard procedural with talking heads and nothing interesting to say.

>Masterpiece in the vein of modernist European arthouse cinema where dialogue only serves as texture. Works on a formal, technical and narrative level by mechanical and doll-like design. Multitudes of iconic imagery.
Visually it's a great film, but it's not nearly as interesting as SAC.

Respectable tastes
It's the meme image, but remastered.
You like Technobabble do you?
Moe galore. Atleast it is good Moe.
Aesthetically one of the coolest.
Really good Sci-Fi, but too much Yuasa and ABE imo.

2/2
2/2
7/7
6/6
5/5
2/2
3/3
2/2
4/4
3/3
3/3

You don't dislike any anime you've seen?

>muh visuals

5/8
9/15
7/8
4/9
7/7
3/5
5/6
5/9

>Masterpiece in the vein of modernist European arthouse cinema where dialogue only serves as texture. Works on a formal, technical and narrative level by mechanical and doll-like design. Multitudes of iconic imagery.
In my opinion the dialogue sometimes ruins the texture. It could really less on it so it wouldn't feel as heavy handed and unsubtle. Especially the scene on the boat and with the puppetmaster.

>caring about visuals in a visual medium
?!?

>muh visual medium

How else would you describe animation?

It's not a bad reason to have something on your 3x3. I having fucking 0083 on mine and it's story is a hot pile of shitspunk, but it's gorgeous, well animated, and well directed.

I wouldn't

Ooops, seems like you chose the wrong medium!

Yeah, no one should care about the story of anything, they should only care about the visuals, the audio, and/or the prose.

I didn't neglect any of those components, you did.