Did Sup Forums like RollingGirls?

Did Sup Forums like RollingGirls?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mBK_fAtWPlk
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yes.

I did.

It had so much potential, and a couple of good episodes, but man did it go to absolute shit

The entire alien plot was insane, how the fuck did they ever think that would be good

They dropped the best two characters after episode 01 and the rest of the series was completely different

It was all over the place really, it was ridiculously convoluted.

It felt like three different shows all in one.

a) The first episode was a turf war between two people with superpowers

b) The road trip aspect of the show and the setting where Japan no longer exists as a nation state and it's thousands of tiny anarchic microstates

c) The alien shit

All 3 of these could have been an anime in their own right, but they tried to combine all 3 into a single cour show that ran out of budget in the last third and became deeply unsatisfying

I don't regret watching it.

It was definitely one of the better looking shows I've seen. If the visuals weren't 10/10 it wouldn't really be worth the watch.

>a) The first episode was a turf war between two people with superpowers
>b) The road trip aspect of the show and the setting where Japan no longer exists as a nation state and it's thousands of tiny anarchic microstates
Weren't these two things closely related to each other?

It was still better than most of the shows that came out that year. If I recall correctly that entire year was really shitty save a small handful of shows.

The tone was very different, but you're right they are more closely related to each other than the alien shit

Ep1 was fantastic, the rest was just disappointing.

No. Wasted potential: The Anime.

the thinking man's Kill La Kill

it was shit

Loved it.

I did.

I'm still listening to the soundtrack too.

Great show with lots of style and heart. Would have been my AOTY were it not for Ninja Slayer.

yes, too bad wit will stick with generic snk like action shows

It's such an anime premise, but in terms of themes and design it's so very un-anime.

>girls on motorcycles going on a road trip, not just reciting inane trivia
>love letter homages to Japanese punk rock and cinema, not just "lol we're parodying a Yakuza/delinquent film" but stuff that shows a genuine appreciation for the source material

Even the Cosplay Country felt surprisingly free of "hah, us otaku, am I right?"

Yes and I'm hyped as fuck for Flip Flappers
youtube.com/watch?v=mBK_fAtWPlk

Literally AOTY. Not even Hibike was better.

They related somehow? I'm pretty hype for Flip Floppers too, I'm hoping it'll be fun.

It started strong then took a nosedive after episode 3. The rest of the show just didn't live up to the hype those first 3 gave.

Too much focus on the mini-arcs, not enough focus on the main characters. Arc quality varied wildly as well.

Great artstyle and character design. Loved the road-trip aspect, wish the show had focused more on that.