Orange

>Tfw so bored of male wishfulfilment harem romance with lots of fan service in which each girl is the personification of some fetish and they all want MCs dick that Shoujo anime are seriously a refreshingly good change of pace

Does Sup Forums like Orange so far?

I thought the first episode was pretty ok. But everything Sup Forums says about the whole series sounds fucking terrible.

What do you mean
It turns to shit?

I enjoyed the manga, but...
If you actually expect them to get together, sorry, user.

I don't really expect that
I expect them to hook up and then he dies anyways
Or if he doesn't die and they just stay friends that's still better than anything else

The girl has a letter that predicts the future. She does not read it, use it or even really bother to confirm it.

Her lack of curiosity was too infuriating for me and I had to go and have a sit down and a rest. Dropped, desu senpai.

The girl is told that attempting to change the past could end up killing everyone she knows, erasing her husband and son, and she's ok with it because she wants transfer student dick, she tells her husband in the past and present about it, and they're both ok helping her get with the other man because "well... at least we have a thing in the dimension where you aren't a time destroying cunt".
Apparently, that's the gist I've gathered from the threads, I haven't bothered to watch the second episode yet.

It's the last one

Not once did future Naho tell her past self that she's happily married to Suwa. Think about that for a moment.

It's cool probably gonna have lots of feels. But I don't get why the art style is so fucked. Everyone has big pouty lips and crazy eyelashes.

Because she isn't happy :^)

Your first shoujo anime? Look at Kaibatsu Kun and Ao Haru Ride. It's just Shoujo

Kaibutsu-kun looks much closer to "normal" animu style faces compared to this

>The girl is told that attempting to change the past could end up killing everyone she knows, erasing her husband and son, and she's ok with it because she wants transfer student dick
Yeah, this kind of statement made me read the manga and what this cunt said is wrong and definitely Sup Forums's crappy reading comprehension at work.

What they don't get is that it's a 'team effort', everyone is willing to participate and help Kakeru.

The letter is pretty clear: "I suggest you do this because I want you (myself/yourself) to be happy and live without regrets, please trust me". It also makes pretty damn clear that if time travel is even possible, one of the possibilities is that of parallel worlds, so nobody would be really erased technically.

The fact that all the other guys get a similar letter just goes to show it's not about erasing anybody's experience, though that fear still exists, but it's more about saving this guy as an act of penance.

Why are you lying?

I also just realized that maybe you're talking about the very last page, and I'm pretty certain that is supposed to be the original timeline.

We never are shown an image of Kakeru and Naho married with a child, but do we really need that? I thought it was pretty obvious. We're not shown 10 years into the future in this timeline, and we don't really need to see it. They're going out in this timeline. Suwa never confesses.

The director isnt getting the credits he deserve here, the visuals and direction is a movie-tier.

It's pretty standard shit.

what? it's generic as fuck. characters aren't that good. ending felt like nothing happened. first half of the manga was bland while things got a little better during the second but weak characters made it fall apart. azusa best girl though

>Read synopsis

So she wants to cheat on her husband with her husband's consent.

Female wish fulfillment is awful.

Anohana-tier garbage. Rather than having the faggot not commit suicide, how about living your life to fullest and carrying the weight of regret just like everyone else? what a disgusting show. I'd rather watch an actual cuck show where the wife is unhappy rather than this time travelling multidimensional teen drama.

>implying you wouldn't write a letter to yourself 10 years ago telling him all the ways not to fuck up

user, please.

I actually thought the same thing. The music too is pretty top notch.

I'd rather just live my life than think about what could have been. plus I have an autoimmune disease so my life would get fucked regardless.

so who cucks who
is it the black haired dude or the blonde guy?

blonde guy looks like the bull

What I got from months of Sup Forums rambling is that this series is about a woman who wants another man's dick but in the past. Also, the future husband is a cuck that goes along with it for the sake of saving some suicidal fuck or some shit.

No one fucks the pan girl?

I'm enjoying it but some of the director choices have seemed a little off to me.

The musical montage in episode 1 was sort of retarded.

No. First, the explanation for the letters wass bullshit. Totally incomplete and doesn't define anything. Second, the point of the story is be happy and live without regrets. So if you change the past, the future certainly will not be the same. BUT THEY DON'T CARE.

Because is only the regrets about Kakeru that matters.

And even if there is a parallel universe, what bothers is that they don't seem to care if changes happen. I mean, the story is romance-oriented, the letters make it clear that Kakeru and Naho need to stay together. If they stay together, the possibility of Suwa and Naho get married becomes smaller. Which means: no baby in the alternative world. Which means: Suwa forever alone. This wouldn't be a regret? But, again: THEY DON'T CARE.

That's the fucking problem: they don't give a shit. Because Kakeru is the only thing that matters.

In the end, there are only two ways to fix orange:
1. eliminate the romance.
2. eliminate kakeru.
Neither of these things happen.

What kind of video games does he play?

Probably not but I vote for option 2.

I think this is a comfy show. You people get mad at everything.

>comfy show
oh boy

Sup Forums gets like that about shows they enjoy. If nobody liked this show there wouldn't be nearly so much discussion.

I'm enjoying it a ton, myself. There are little things here and there I dislike about it but I'm overdue for a show like this.

All kinds.

>"Dear me, Kakeru will commit suicide. To avoid this you need to suck his dick.
>Bye.
>P.S. Babies are boring."

So cute.

It should've ended with them saving Kakeru in the main timeline, but Naho still getting together with Suwa eventually because Kakeru is not ready for a relationship anytime soon.
And he's a boring fag anyway. It pisses me off the multiverse in that story essentially revolves around him. So much so that even 10 years later their lives are pretty much shit because of this idiot they knew in high school for less than a year.

>1
If the story wanted to be about a group of friends saving another friend, teenageloveshit is unnecessary.

I actually like it so far but the spoilers sound fucking terrible.

I mean why the fuck do they have to fuck over suwa like that, why do they make naho such a fucking cunt?

They could have solved the entire thing if they hadnt married in the future, and shes just a repented single woman, but oh no, we need sum of that cuck agenda

God fucking damn it shit pisses me off

This. I find it fucking creepy that she's married WITH A KID and wants to erase that reality from existence.

Like there's dumb schlock like waking up in another world and teaming up with a hot girl and then there's this disturbing ass shit.

>hey so games do you like?
>MY MOM IS DEAD. NO ONE GETS ME

He will marry football.
LOL

honestly if it were some western movie i'd blame the jews but its probably some fucking dumb ungrateful bitch writing this shit

They literally hear about time travel and parallel worlds in class.
All the characters from both past and present times are OK with keeping Kakeru alive. If that leads to Kakeru being with the MC, Suwa is fine with that too.
Some of them know the circumstances from the time line that sent the letters (Suwa with Naho and a baby).

What you don't seem to understand is that they're what, 16-17 years old? Suwa forever alone??? They are 17yos ffs. He's popular, has a good personality and great attitude for sports.

>THEY DON'T CARE.
Every chapter literally has multiple discussions about the possible outcomes when the past is changed.
>THEY DON'T CARE.
Just because they're not following your guide of "How not become a cuck in the future" doesn't mean they don't care-

It is never about saving kakeru. She is just a top slut. They could have saved him by preventing his mom sudoku but no. Let make save him by being his gf instead. Absolutely disgusting.

So, what is the basic explanation for the time travelling letter?

There is no explanation.

>They literally hear about time travel and parallel worlds in class.
But at any time the method of sending the letters becomes really clear. They just assume things. Nothing is concrete.

>What you don't seem to understand is that they're what, 16-17 years old? Suwa forever alone??? They are 17yos ffs. He's popular, has a good personality and great attitude for sports.
If you really love your son and your husband, you will want them to exist in all realities. Otherwise, you could become full of regrets too. But they only care about the happiness of Kakeru.

I really liked the first episode, but as soon as i saw the second one i realised the way it was going....

what a disappointment

Is there ANY decent animu airing right now besides based JoJo?

There is none.

However, they've literally done the impossible.
>Kakeru might be saved.
>No baby disappears in that time line.
>Kakeru can live a happy life.
No more regrets.

You faggots don't believe in anything so it's obvious why these jumps of faith baffle you.

I mean, c'mon, I don't want a REALISTIC time travel fantasy, but nothing? Not even throwing the letter really fast so it can reach the past or something silly like that? it just happens?

it's shojo, what do you think?

NTR VNs.

>However, they've literally done the impossible.
No, this is called safe writing.

And again, why Kakeru is happy now? Don't get hit by a car cures depression?

No I just forgot, my bad

god damn, some hentai girls give me instant boners

friendship

There is no such thing as mental illnesses in Japan.
If there's a problem, you're not trying hard enough.

But even the author doesn't seem convinced, which is why the story ends without them actually getting together.

So power of friendship.
Evangelion did a better job in this case.

What's the meaning of the name "orange"?

I want to like this, but something about it makes me hate it.

Maybe it's the heroine acting like a fucking asshole? Maybe it's the fact that she's still hung up over her high school crush even though she has a husband and kid? Something about the latter comes off as deplorable.

>Maybe it's the fact that she's still hung up over her high school crush even though she has a husband and kid?

This is the thing that bothered me the most about it.
If she is not going to end up with Suwa in the main timeline, fine. At least they have a happy ending in the other one, right?
Apparently not. Because this dude they barely knew 10 years ago still overshadows their entire lives and the writer does a piss poor job of actually portraying them as happy in any way shape or form.
The only impression I ever got from these two throughout the "flashforwards" is that they simply settled with each other because the partner they actually wanted is dead.

There's an explanation in the manga, but really, I don't know why you guys want to know everything at the beginning. Maybe that's why anons keep lying? I don't know.

One day when they had extra time in class, their teacher told them that theoretically of one could travel at the speed of light, that someone will travel through time. There's talk of black holes and stuff. 10 years later, they throw the letters into the Bermuda Triangle (which according to legend, or a black hole on Earth) and address it to their future selves and hope for a miracle. They don't know where it will land, but they hope of someone finds it they will send those letters to the addresses written on them.

This shit is basically REZero for women. It's absolute trash.

They didn't settle for each other, they love each other it is just that when they think about their old friend...she realizes she never made an attempt to date him or talk him out of the incident.

This is just Re:Zero tier wish fulfillment crap female version. At least in Re:Zero Subaru suffers a lot but in here MC gets everything on a silver platter. Disgusting.

>just realized that this show is basically Glasslip but less shitty

Not sure how to feel about this, honestly.

I spent the whole episode wondering why the chalkboard in the classroom had the Hungarian flag on it, fuck I wish I wasn't autistic

It's certainly different. It feels a lot like an Asian drama at times with the way the dialogue is cluttered but somewhat natural.
Also did anybody else think that the background music was a bit too loud this episode?

>she realizes she never made an attempt to date him or talk him out of the incident.
And that's supposed to be a good enough reason to destroy her life with her husband and child?

yes. because that's what happens. dont try being so logical about a fucking show joe

Breads for blazers

That Naho gets to continue on with her life with her husband and child. All together, they just want to create a parallel universe where Kakeru gets his happiness. It's really not about Naho regretting not fucking him in high school.

Sup Forums just likes to shit on a good romance show that makes a lot of sense character-wise but willing to eat shit for nisekoi with overly tsundere bitches and unrealistic lovey-dovey harem crapshit.

Seriously why is this?

She's "content" with her current marriage but wishes to be married with another guy in a different timeline. Yup, you're not bullshitting me.

>Does Sup Forums like Orange so far?.
i don't know. how does Sup Forums like anything with NTR in the tag?

This is typical shoujo bullshit. Woman who is happily married with a kid, decides she wants hot transfer student dick and writes a letter to her past self directing her on the transfer student "path" to get the dick CGI. Fuck happy marriage with childhood friend, lets spread our legs for the transfer student. fuck having a baby with childhood friend, apparently her regret over not getting the transfer student dick transends time and space!

Don't end up marring the safe nice guy, and have the safe nice baby, fuck the transfer student till you become a cum dump.

Yes, this shit was written by a woman, for women.

Yeah but doesn't Sup Forums have shit taste? So you can't really trust them.

You do realize that the timeline will fork out right? So the person who's getting Kakeru's dick will not actually be "her" per say but some other "her" in some other parallel universe.

This is a happy ending on both worlds. Why can't Sup Forums figure this shit out?

Because Orange doesn't allow them the escapism they desire, while anime like Nisekoi does. I even read a post in a previous thread that said the 2D girls act too much like 3D girls. It could have been a joke, but regardless, there's some truth to it, and I can see how it would bother people.

I think most people watch anime to forget about their problems, but Orange doesn't really let anyone do that. It deals with a very heavy topic, and even though we have the science-fiction/time travel element, we see the characters in a setting that is familiar to our real lives. Seeing high school characters in difficult situations can bring up bad memories or bad feelings, especially when its not sugarcoated with moe, over the top humor, and other hijinks. It's too real, and I can understand why people might not want to be reminded of high school.

Before I binge read the manga, I watched episode 2 and I was genuinely frustrated while watching it. I thought I didn't want to watch the rest of the series if it had such a spineless protagonist. I was angry at her the whole time. How hard is it to give someone a lunch box? If you got a letter that tells you to do something to save this guy's future, it's really careless of you not to do it just because your shy. But then I realized I was angry because I was just as spineless, and it would probably would have taken me just as long to gather the courage to be even a little vulnerable, which is when I decided to give her another chance and read the manga.

Even I nearly dropped it. So I understand. But I really think people should give it another chance, because there is definitely character development, and it really does add up to be an interesting story.

tl;dr: Sup Forums has a paralyzing fear of getting cucked.

Personally, I would've liked it more if they never create this seemingly nonsensical but somehow necessary explanation for a supernatural plot device.

This is an anime you fucking cunts what do you expect? 100% physics approved?

>How hard is it to give someone a lunch box?

is there no scene like this in Nisekoi? I bet there is. Or maybe Oregairu? It took 2 season for the girls to even realize they oh-my actually likes 8-cock

>I think most people watch anime to forget about their problems,

suuuure but people here also over analyze edgy shows like Eva and enjoy self-depreciating jokes around NHK

I honestly think the hate is the work of some hivemind, some fag just didn't like it and somehow the majority of the board just nodded.

this whole show is escapism. its about being able to free yourself from regret because you sent a letter to the past. no one gives a fuck about how much spaghetti spilled from your pockets in high school. the thing is a group of friends not being able to let go of the feeling that they caused a death. they literally get to do that over so they don't live with their biggest regret in another timeline. that's just as escapist as a fucking battle harem. it never delves into looking at different perspectives or even themes relevant to mental health. its 'i have friends' so I don't kill myself. none of this post has to do with the supposed NTR which is just another turd on this pile.

Jesus christ this girl is fucking retarded

but this is exactly the opposite, the MC wants the future dead boy's dick and it's painful to see

>its 'i have friends' so I don't kill myself.
He was already friends with them in the first timeline, though. Do you think some strangers just decided to save some random classmate? He had friends, he killed himself, causing those friends to send the letter, bozo. It's a bit more complicated than "I have friends, so I won't kill myself." That didn't work the first time.

And, I really want to know. What would you have liked the show to done better regarding themes relevant to mental health?