Kiznaiver

It was so... so mediocre.

was it... really?

Yeah... it was...

Pretty looking dudes and girls. The goons in mascot costumes picking up the kiznaiver-gang was probably the best part of the show.

Aside from that, it was quite boring.

Were the threads for that show at least fun?

MUH PAIN

2nd best AOTY after Rakugo

No just people arguing over shipping or triggerfags shitting themselves.

What happened to the manga?

Still better than the average Spring anime. Nowadays most shows are shameless otaku/fujo pandering garbage, mediocre is not that bad.

It was fine.

6/10 at best. Wouldn't recommend unless specified that they want drama.

Honoka was hot as fuck and best girl.

I enjoyed the characters in the show but the story was just so....meh

It had a good OP and great characters but, the resolution for this series was retarded.

>kiznaiver project to give feeling back to mc and her friends
>mc is getting feeling back, its working
>actually i'm the one holding everyone's emotions/feelings
>mc tells me to let go, so I do
>everyone becomes happy
>if the kiznaiver project got me into that mess, why did I ever restart it?

Also, whose bright idea was it to link all the emotions/pain into one person? Why do the creators think if you can feel someone's pain you can read their mind?

It was a different kind of show compared to the usual Trigger faire, which is good. Trigger is a relatively new company and they can't afford to pigeon hole themselves to KLK or Inferno Cop sorts of stuff. It was a show that really needed to be made so Trigger didn't just fade out.

It was more of an expression of creativity. The animation was well done and the art style was quite fresh. They knew what they were going for in that sense.
It kind of reminded me of Redline.

Yeah it turned out a tad mediocre, but there's so much they can do with a budget and by the time it was time to wrap up there were too many ideas that didn't flourish.

In other words, Kiznaiver took itself too seriously and chose the safe way. It wasn't bad or good, and it won't be remembered. Such wasted potential though.

>bitching instead of interpreting

Puberty is strong on this one

Incredibly mediocre and the drama was cringeworthy.

>It was a show that really needed to be made so Trigger didn't just fade out.
No, it should never have been made.

pretty bad honestly

It's a shittier Kokoro Connect: prettier and has a cooler concept but worse everything else.

It was trash but somehow managed to not be the worst Okada affiliated show that season.

I knew it would be

but I still fell for it

Peaked at Episode 9 or so when everyone is writhing in the mud over The Great Autismo shutting down the childhood friend to lust over Worst Girl.

>Also, whose bright idea was it to link all the emotions/pain into one person? Why do the creators think if you can feel someone's pain you can read their mind?
One person carrying everyone's pain was an accident. The original idea was that feeling each other's pain would bring empathy and understanding, and it did. Until they realized that it would form a feedback loop and break people.

>hold me
>*holds her*
>how could you hold me?

This bitch pissed me off so much. What the hell is her problem? What does she want?
I'm fucking triggered

That's in fact a pretty accurate representation of women. That's one less red pill to swallow, user.

All the characters were pretty cool except for MC-kun, worst girl, and Noriko.

Story was okay but all in all I didn't feel like it went anywhere interesting.

At least we had best boy

Christmas cake was great though.

She wanted him to have the same feelings for her as he had for Sonozaki and embrace her. He gave her a pity hug and only because he could understand her thoughts and she knew that.

I thought I was going to hate him but he turned out to be one of the better characters. Same with Nico.

No, it was just bad.

>Thinking rakugo was ever good
>Calling this meldoramtic shitfest good

Just kill yourself.

I actually liked it quite a bit up until the last two episodes. The gang being bamboozled by the concept of empathy was where it got a little too silly for me (no, not even ITAI managed that).

It looked and sounded good, at least.

itai

It was unintentionally hilarious.

Muh human painstrumentality

Great art direction, great animation, really good music (RIP Boom Boom Satellites), generic as hell storyline. I'd say that Maki's arc was the only interesting part. The club camp was completely useless. Also, Chidori was awful but Nico was great. I gave it a 7 out of 10. It wasn't horrible or anything but really generic once you get past the slick veneer.

>Trigger didn't just fade out.
Their other shows are much more memorable though, this is only remembered because it's different, not because it's good.

Sadly I had to drop it after the 3th episode because the characters, dialog and plot were just too terrible for me to keep watching, but I'm glad they tried something different.

>3th
3rd, fuck

You're literally fucking blind.
>Great Direction
Nothing about the directing was a cut above average, it was just okay.

>Great Animation
The animation was horrendous, and the characters where off model 90% of the time, this shit is the definition of QUALITY.

>Good music
You mean boring and forgettable? Besides the op the sound track was easily forgotten and bland.

And everything else was just shit, literally this show has nothing going for it.

At least it picked up a little after the worst parts. The middle of the show was awful.

>Nothing about the directing was a cut above average
Why would you lie like this?

most of the anime are things you dont need to see

you see once the medicore that feels good the first time and then you dont need it anymore, you dont need the other anime similiar to that one. only anime worth looking at are the once far more unique than one that just changes the world the highschool children with the watchers(you)'s specific feelings live in

>I'd say that Maki's arc was the only interesting part.
I got the sense that Okada could have written that idea as a completely separate story on its own, but threw it into this project to fill space. Not only was it the only part that felt like effort had been put into the script, but it also felt a bit detached from all the other episodes and the series at large (which was quite literally a mess).

Hey now, just because you're anonymous doesn't mean it's ok to be this retarded.

Prove me wrong? Shounen tier shit has better/just as good direction.

Is Japan really that autistic?

Same shit as Kyousougiga or Death Parade or whatever. Looked good, talented director, dumb material. Gives me hope for the future but not much else, y'know? Hope to see more from this guy.

Concepts should function first and foremost for the benefit of the narrative, especially in such a linear story-centred show such as this. Whether there is a subtextual meaning doesn't forgive the fact that the show's plot didn't make sense. For a writer to compromise a story's logic for "muh deep meanings" is fucking stupid. A show like NGE works both within its linear narrative and in subtextual meaning. That is the benchmark towards which everyone should strive.

Even fucking Mayoiga was better

Dropped at ep 6. Guessing it's not worth picking up again, anons agree?

Really hope Okada never gets work again after this

No wonder Luluco completely ignored it.

>Chidori was awful but Nico was great
Nicofags are still salty.

I still can't get over how the most best thing about this series was the Luluco cameo at the end

I'm pretty sure there's a screenshot of the last episode of Kiznavier where you can see Luluco and Nova holding hands.

Nah, Mayoiga was still worse.

Retard.

I think the difference is that Mayoiga started off funny bad and turned into bland bad. Kiznaiver's brand of bad was more upsetting because it showed so much promise initially, even if it wasn't actually as bad as Mayoiga overall.

I'm watching it and so far the only character I even remotely like is Honoka.

Mayoiga was bland bad for me all the way, there were probably two or three parts spread throughout the show that made me laugh. There were way too many characters who did absolutely nothing but take up space and be unlikable. The only thing that kept my interest throughout most of it was learning about MCs past and watching him try not to be as beta as he usually is (which was mostly in the last few episodes). Kiznaiver did have potential and did not live up to it, but, it did have likable characters. Also, Maki and Kacchons pasts were much more interesting than fucking boob head and imaginary friend girl.

Another thing to think about is why you were watching the show. For me, I knew Kiznaiver was not a show I should expect much out of plot-wise but I was interested in watching how the characters interacted with each other. I watched Mayoiga because I thought it was going to be a funny trainwreck like Another and I was interested in the setting. Kiznaiver delivered on what I expected and Mayoiga fell flat. I thought Mayoigas ending was okay, though.

but red is worst girl

Cool dude.

>It was a show that really needed to be made so Trigger didn't just fade out.
I am like 80% sure that Luluco gave them more attention than Kiznaiver

It did, Luluco is projected to sell 5x more than Kiznaiver despite being a short with less marketing.

While I care nothing for this show, I do hope Trigger make more stuff that sound and look like Kiznaiver
LAAAAAAAY YOOOOUUUUR HAAAAAAAANDS OOOOOON ME