WHAT THE FUCK
WHAT THE FUCK
WHAT THE FUCK
WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS? DID HE DIED? WAS THAT HEAVEN? WHAT

What the hell

GAINAX happened.

xD

Read the manga for the ending you newshit

On the end of a soft, fluffy pole, is a pointy edge.

A show focusing on ecchi tried to have a 'Gainax ending'.

Mahoromatic was the worst thing to happen to anime in that decade. It gave every other show an excuse to just focus on nudity and cute girls.

>Watch a Gainax show
>Get a Gainax ending
>Go act shocked and appalled on Sup Forums
>Rinse and Repeat

I wasn't expect it from an ecchi comedy, and I Loved it
Show is funny as hell, lots of fun and the ending is like a punch in the guts

topkek hows it feel having witnesed the worst Gainax ending in history?

fuck off. Mahoromatic was great until the last few episodes

>Gainax is the best studio they said

I liked the ending
I can see how it can be divisive tho.
I was expecting her to shut off but holy fuck, I was completely wrong on my previsions

>Mahoromatic was great until the last few episodes
So it has a Gainax Ending. Just like he said.

no he was criticizing it for being ecchi

He was doing both. And come on. People complain about there being too much echi these days as well. Mahoromatic was even more blatant ecchi than a lot of shows out today. With a weak scifi secondary story. Half the show was just nudity and 'walk into the bathroom on accident'.

>walk into the bathroom on accident
>accident
Pretty sure they wanted D. and were pretty open about it
Still, ecchi/fanservice like that is fine in my book since it is kinda the point of the show and doesn't let you with blue balls.
It gets really shit when in a "serious" show you get panty shots every 30 seconds, in every serious scene in Mahoromatic there was no faservice.

Mahoro's voice was so earsex

>Still, ecchi/fanservice like that is fine in my book since it is kinda the point of the show
And that's why some other people don't like it. Since it was a Gainax show where the focus was just blatant fanservice. And its popularity led Gainax from being known as the serious studio to the most ecchi focused studio.

I'd say even if the show isn't "serious" it leeds its premise to the extreme, like Gunbuster, Nadia and Eva before it
Every joke about a guy who miracously gained a waifu robot maid was done in it and this is why I like, most studios would restrain themselves from nipples and nudity just to cather to a major audience, they didn't, and they didn't with PSG too.
A shame the studio is in shambles nowadays, definitely my favorite studio.

>Mahoromatic was great
Not really, the "plot" was mostly her boob size dilemma

>why is a comedy show about comedy
And the major plot point was the ticking clock and her inevitable death

I liked the ending even if the tone shift was ridiculous.
Manga isn't much better, author wrote himself in a corner with Mahoro's death countdown and he had to asspull his way through.

>DID HE DIED
Everyone died

top kek

>Nadia
I have literally never seen someone ruin a single show so hard. Even after Anno came back it was clear he wasn't even intending on salvaging it. Jean's death was so horribly directed it was funny.

Him dying like a turd was the point