If the Second Amendment were to be repealed...

If the Second Amendment were to be repealed, what would be the best way to go about collecting everyones' guns and destroying them, so we never have to hear another one go off ever again except maybe in a Hollywood picture.

they would have to start by separating my cold, dead hands from the firearms
then i guess they'd bag them and haul them off

Long ass Civil War. If they win they take guns. If not (This is more likely) we get their guns.

One big ass magnet

Wouldn't matter to me. Here in Michigan our gun rights are the first thing listed in our state constitution, right in article 1.

And it's far more clear than 2A....

"Every person has a right to keep and bear arms for the defense of himself and the state."

a gamma bomb. other than that you're basically just sending a bunch of cops to die.

Not all guns are evil.

NOT ALL GUNS ARE EVIL!

there are some "good ones" in there

>best way to collect guns
By sending men with guns to get them. Ultimately all power rests in the ability to do violence against someone else. For some reason leftists want all of this power in the hands of people they hate, cops and soldiers.

>implying cops wouldn't ticket every missing tail light in america before knocking on the first door

fpbp

Id be more concerned about the precedent repealing any amendment would set

They repealed the 18th amendment before president is already set.

Never heard of prohibition?

Repealing amendments has happened before, but repealing a Bill of Rights amendment would set a very bad precedent, which is why they are the only amendments that can't be removed legally.

The millions of law-abiding, gun-loving Americans killed to disarm this country will be worth the 93 gorilion saved each day.
prove me wrong
protip: you cant

>which is why they are the only amendments that can't be removed legally
Lol what. I have never heard this.

Well you would need men with guns to take the guns away from the peasants. Only the nobles can bear arms. This is the leftist position btw

The moment you allow the state to take your guns is the moment your country turns into the autistic child of Brazil and Venezuela.

Quote me on this faggots.

I’d love to see the piles of shit congress would get for even floating that idea in a committee.

>If the Second Amendment were to be repealed
You would then have to pass laws to actually make guns illegal.
In order to make this nation wide it would require a new amendment to make owning firearms unconstitutional.
More likely each individual state would regulate itself

civil war honestly. A few drone strikes will stop any resistance from gun nuts. Then you scoop up every firearm in the US.

"You cannot invade mainland America, there would be a rifle behind every blade of grass" -Isoroku Yamamoto

>Nice try fbi

Fake quote.

Its weird because i always assumed they intended to play the long game and brainwash people into giving them 3-4 generations from now until so few people own them that they have no issues outlawing and then raiding houses, but they're getting very aggressive. And honestly come on, they HAVE to realize that even if they banned all gun sales and let current owners be grandfathered in, there would still be mass shootings. With their level of aggression, forceful confiscation must be their short term end game.

underrated
This.
You have to understand that there are really only 17 amendments, or "additions" to the constitution. The bill of rights is effectively the set of examples that the states all agreed upon before ratifying the constitution. Removing what functions as the practical groundwork and roots of the US government and state system would be very traumatic.
If the government wanted to acquire all firearms, they would do it slowly. First rifles, then more and more restrictions on what handguns you can own, until barely anything is left. Second Amendment wouldn't get "repealed", it would just get buried under laws prohibiting certain firearms and it would pile on from there.