Akito the exiled

Honestly, who the fuck thought that adding this cunt in was a good idea? The show would've been so much better if it had been about Lelouch swinging his sceptre around and fucking up the EU in the name of the emperor, instead of this "lol my dad got cucked so i'll destroy the world!!!!" dogshit.

Now I kind of realize where Kabaneri got the idea for Biba. It makes sense when you consider how much that staff wants to ape from Code Geass

Lelouche? Sceptre? This isn't Code Geass? Was there a sequel or something?

The films were set in the gap between the two seasons of the main thing, and Lelouch makes an appearance to assume command of the Britannian forces in the EU front. It was looking pretty promising as well, until the ponytail crackhead ruined the whole thing.

> Honestly, who the fuck thought that adding this cunt in was a good idea?

The same dumbasses who thought it was a good idea to muddy the waters of this show with Lelouch and Suzaku. It would've been 100% better without injecting those two. This guy is dumb, his Knightmare frame is dumb, but Akito the Exiled should have stood on its own without pointless CG classic fanservice.

Eh, to be honest, Kabaneri didn't really have much Code Geass influence in general. The only thing shared between them is nihilism, yes, but that's not a very unique or unusual idea for a villain. Even so, this guy was a far better liar and manipulator, plus didn't have the creepy obsession with "fear" or "strength" that Biba had. Nor did he go around turning people into monsters and actually kept his cause secret from the majority of his followers.

I disagree. We already had enough of Lelouch back in the original TV series so his presence here was only a bonus.

Some people just want to see the world burn because a personal issue gets to his head. Not to mention he was corrupted by killing his own father and gaining a supernatural power. He's not the first nor the last villain in that situation and with that goal.

Lelouch was the high point of the show, though. Instead of being fanservice, they should've made him central to the plot.
The new characters are all lame and I never grew to care about them one bit.

Hey, I like his Knightmare Frame. It's a centaur, but that makes more sense than a giant orange or adding flight packs to everything. In any case, Lelouch and Suzau showing up for barely half an episode doesn't really detract from the rest since they didn't dominate the proceedings. Only served to push certain events and then got captured.

I am glad they didn't follow your idea. I've seen the original show enough times. The new characters were different and not extremely charismatic, but I did grew to like them after they became more normal past the first two episodes.

It's an interquel between both seasons of Code Geass dealing with a mostly unrelated conflict in another part of the world.

It's pretty good, in my opinion. Even though the villain wasn't all that great, he played his role adequately enough. Best parts were the battles, but I appreciated the new world-building and the theme was a nice change of pace. It was a more personal and smaller-scale conflict for survival rather than saving the world.

You know, I'm fucking baffled that to this day many CG fans have never even heard of the Akito OVAs.

Yeah, he's definitely not the first and that only makes him all the more generic and uninteresting.
Seriously, who's going to religiously follow some dumb goal for dedaces without ever having a serious think about what they're doing with their lives?

The episodes took a long time to release in Japan (about one per year on average) and they haven't been officially streamed nor sold in English outside of a few European countries, appropriately enough. I assume Funimation might release them next year, after their re-release of the main show this fall.

THAT IS THE FLYEST FUCKING OUTFIT I HAVE EVER SEEN

ALL HAIL LELOUCH

i figured no one talked about them so they were garbage tier

Serial killers, psychopaths and sociopaths as well as guerrilla leaders, religious fanatics and terrorists would have a word with you. "Dumb goals" can be quite powerful motivators even if they're dumb. Half of mankind's history isn't best on people acting optimally and intelligently, but irrationally and destructively.

The Japanese fans did talk about them and they got theatrical screenings to promote the releases. Can't expect U.S. fans to care without BEI to hype them up anymore.

I liked all the episodes. Last one was too rushed though.

The trouble with the OTAs is that Lelouch has always been, and will always be, the best reason to watch anything Code Geass. This was great because it's fantastic for a show's main character to also be its best character. On the other hand, it makes spinoffs really hard because nobody else measures up. I don't want to see this mopey fuck here in a Code Geass OVA, I want to see Lulu. He's why I bother to watch. Either give me more Lelouch or don't even bother.

Well, feel free to name anyone who ever made it big with just the goal of making the world burn for petty revenge, or whatever. Simple minded people like that just aren't capable of great things.

BURAINU RAIDO

Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebelion was quite obviously set up to be Lelouch's story from beginning to end. That was the whole point.

However, that doesn't mean "anything Code Geass" needs to be about him.

Evidently the spin-offs will be different, but I don't know why that's bad. You should be able to accept them as additional content. It's like complaining when a game's DLC doesn't focus on the main characters from a popular game property. Your experience with the main story won't be altered or cheapened by creating something new and extending it. If you don't like it, then don't buy it, but there's no problem with its existence.

I do think they need more charismatic characters and create a full TV show rather than a OVA, but they don't need to be even remotely similar to Lelouch. That would be boring since we've already seen him be the focus of the main narrative and repeating it all wouldn't be as exciting for me.

How come his dodgy geass power isn't working on Akito anyway? Why does it make him good at killing others, instead of filling its original goal of making him kill himself?

Tell me about these OVAs, Sup Forums.

Do they have ridiculous plots, nonsensically complicated plans, giant robot action, and girls with huge tits? Those are kind of the four bullet points for me to enjoy something Code Geass.

The explanation is that Akito was initially too young to understand the concept of death, much less suicide. Geass can't make you do confusing, unknown or impossible things, so telling a baby to kill himself will not produce any effect.

As for the rest, remember that Geass rewrites the brain. So his brain matured and got used to the existence of the command, but directed it outwards rather than inwards. You could say it was an unintended adaptation or evolution, based on the fact that "DIE!" doesn't specify who is doing the killing.

That would be all right if they could come up with something better than these hollow characters you end up knowing nothing about and a silly cartoon villain. If they wanted to show mundane people, they should've kept the whole thing mundane and just had them fight their battles, rather than introducing Shin and his dumb ambitions and all the silly baggage that comes with it.

The plot tries to come off as serious.

Some of the plans are actually kind of complicated. Mostly Julius Kingsley's (AKA Lelouch) but then he goofs. It's only shown off for like a minute or two.

Lots of giant robot action.

There are indeed girls with huge tits. The only real nudity you see isn't until the last movie for a few seconds, but there's still enough fanservice in the previous movies.

>ridiculous plots
Only a little, near the end when they involve the Geass powers. It's relatively standard before that point.

>nonsensically complicated plans
Well, I guess you could say a couple of the plans are overly complicated.

>giant robot action
Yes and it's pretty great. Some of the best use of 3DCG.

>girls with huge tits
Of course.

yeah

yeah

yeah

yeah

It has a gay ass plot, a fairly uncomplicated plan, unmanly hopping crawl bots and just a few pairs of tits.
It's a pretty big step down, really.

See, I'd argue that's always a matter of personal preference. This goes both for the audience and the creators, since it's clear you and I don't have identical interests or pet-peeves and neither does the staff. There's a lot of room for variation and even if you don't like one project that doesn't mean you won't like the next one (same goes for me).

In this case, I think we did end up knowing a fair amount about a few of the characters, which was enough given the short running time. The villain could have been improved, but he didn't feel out of place.

>ridiculous plots
No, they're just lame.
>complicated plans
Hard to answer. Nothing on the scale of Lelouch's plans in the original series, if that's what you're looking for. They're not any fun.
>giant robot action
Yes
>huge tits
Here and there, yeah.

The plot has some over-the-top elements and theatrical flair, but it's closer to a Gundam- style production in general.

Not too much of that sort of planning going on. The situation is more limited in scope since we aren't following a rebellion or a masked vigilante. You could say there's one plan Julius-as-Lelouch that counts though.

Giant robot action is a key highlight and I would recommend it to fans of mecha in that respect.

The character designers are the same, so you do get all the sexy girls (and pretty boys, if you're into that) you could possibly want.

>cucked
I lost interest instantaneously.

Yes, his brother was fathered by another man, which made him snap and want to destroy the world.

To be fair, it wasn't just cheating though.

He literally saw his dad kill his half-brother's father and then treat his mother like a whore. That's got to be traumatizing for a child. I wouldn't have destroyed the world over it, of course, but I'd probably make terrible decisions.

Anime just exaggerate this sort of stuff to a degree. Things got even worse for him too. He killed his father and then received an even more twisted version of a supernatural power that's said to make you isolated. In other words, he was cursed. By the time we meet this guy, he can even see ghosts. That's the sign of a fucked up mind.

Well, something is bound to be fucked up if you get your powers from a flying skull that came out of a painting.
But in his defence, at least he didn't join a band of travelling gypsies like our heroes did.

You say that, but I thought that was fitting.

The only time the crew lived a normal life, of sorts, was with the gypsies. If they want to run away from all this chaos and destruction, that's an option.