What exactly do you personally gain from having a Waifu?

As I browse the definitions of "Waifu" I come to the same conclusion that it is still impossible to have an actual relationship with something that is two dimensional. However, is this a next step toward what the human being can really define with love? Do you have a successful Waifu relationship? What do you think Sup Forums? Also Waifu General thread.

It eases depression.

I have someone to resort to and have an imagination with. Personally its just a friend

it gives me a reason to be a wage cuck because I need shekels to buy all her merchandise

Since I'm already obsessed with my favorite character, why not proclaim my love

don't understand were talk waifus not shitus

Virtual alcohol

I get to brag about it on 4chqn that is reason why i like waifusss pic related/ best k-on girl.( come at me bro)

i swear i not starting anything I'm just posting my waifu and going on my way so calm calm calm calm calm calm down bitch

Everyone who use the word waifu use it ironically. Its just a normalfags meme now that mean ''my favorite character from this anime''

Escapism.

Mugi is best girl

for relieving stress

Is not that you gain anything, it's just some cute face you can see to relieve your heart in sad moments

A reason to get out of bed in the morning

Sup Forums is no longer the board for serious waifuism. It is now a board for people who calls their favorite anime character of the season their waifu until the season ends. So it safe to say that all the answers you will get ITT is from seasonal waifufags and casual waifufags that don't understand the real point of waifuism. If you want a real answer,google for Pygmalion and you'll understand everything.

If someone genuinely has a waifu and isn't just trying to look hip and cool, I'd assume it helps them deal with depression and shit.
>tfw never could find a waifu to become emotionally attached to

and hit the nail on the head. Nowadays, saying that you have a waifu and posting her here is the equivalent of girls saying "i'm such a nerd xD" and parading around things of what they perceive to be a part of """"geek culture"""" when in reality all they want to do is fit in for attention.

What does Pyg have to do with this?
No one here actually made their waifus

She's my waifu since 2003, she represents all the things I wanted to be.
I also bought all her merchandise and recently added the 10th anniversary to the list.

To me its pagan idolatry

>faps to all
you're a slut user.

>that it is still impossible to have an actual relationship
it is.
only nutcases believe they have a relationship with an anime character.

you can still love a character without being delusional about it.

Due to various circumstances, I ended up living alone, physically distant from almost all my friends and family and without the money or time to visit frequently. Until recently, I also worked a night shift, meaning that my schedule was at odds with most other people's, and I'm still living alone with a long commute. I'm not reasonably able to have anything resembling a social life.

My waifu is there to fill that void. Real relationships aren't very viable right now, so she's there to provide at least something resembling a relationship. It's a delusion, obviously. I know she's not real. But it's a choice between willingly embracing a delusion that brings you some comfort and happiness or facing the reality of crippling loneliness.

Consider end yourself for your own good

When I first saw her I felt my heart flutter in a dumb goofy way I hadn't felt for a long, long time. I think it is possible to have a relationship in a manner of speaking, but it depends how crazy you are both willing and able to let yourself become. If you know your waifu well enough sooner or later you can follow her line of thinking pretty closely and that helps to make it feel real.

In terms of what I gain, she helps me with depression and she's a life coach of sorts. Even though I don't exist, she allows me to feel wanted.

I don't think this really came as a surprise to anyone. I think there will always be proper waifuists lurking here though, which coupled with the "such a nerd" crowd's shitty attention span gives me hope that perhaps it could one day tilt back the way it was.

>Even though I don't exist
Clearly I am too tired to type coherently. Although now I read it again it makes some sort of sense to me.

>he thinks an actual waifu is the same being as the anime character you choose as you're waifu

>she represents all the things I wanted to be.
You must be a horrible person.

Ideal candidate for a god, don't you think?

I want to be a god guys. I'm also an egocentric fuck but I'm happy like that.

good man

You think my waifu is not real.
I disagree.
Luckily, I'm the only person who's opinion matters when it comes to my waifu.
I don't need validation from you or anybody else.
She's happy, and I'm happy, and that's all that matters.

/thread

This is Sup Forums incarnation

It's just a cutesy way of referring to your favorite female character.

Man I haven't had a legit waifu in years. an anime one even longer

komeiji is that you?

your normal pillow, won't be normal anymore, it'll become your foreverwaifu

I only develop feelings for girls in romance stories with self-insert MC's, and I'd rather them be with their true love, the MC, than claim them as my waifu.

I don't think I'll ever be able to have a waifu.

>General thread

Being a loner with no social life, waifus help me experience the feeling of love that I normally would be unable to.

Yes, I have what you call "successful Waifu relationship" and it feels great

It is possible to have realtionship with a fictional character.
>What exactly do you personally gain from having a Waifu?
Love and romantic and sexual relief.

Waifu Wednesdays are still fine. There always were newfags threads that didn't took waifuism seriously.
What bothers me more are these inane replies or baits to every serious post. But it's summer, I guess.

I personally started having depression for the first time because I miss my waifu. You don't really need to be depressed and lonely to fall in love with anime girl.

A cute waifu is cute.

p much this senpai I just want a cute girl to wave around and if 3d won't give it to me, then 2d will

Azusa best girl

Get the fuck out of Sup Forums, summerfags.