Weekly Shonen Jump Issue 33 ToC

Where were you when the new To Love-Ru became a powerhouse in Jump?

#33 ToC:
One Piece (Cover, Lead Color)
Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san
Black Clover
Hinomaru Zumo (Color)
Kimetsu no Yaiba
Boku no Hero Academia
Shokugeki no Soma (Color)
Haikyuu!!
Gintama
Sesuji wo Pin! to (Color)
Samon-kun wa Summoner
Toriko
Saiki Kusuo no Psinan
Nisekoi
Flying Darwin (one-shot by Tatsuya Suganuma)
Bleach
KochiKame
Takuan to Batsu
Mononofu
Isobe Isobee Monogatari

Other urls found in this thread:

secure.flickr.com/photos/akito_h/collections/72157634741175824/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Color me surprised

>Takuan to Batsu
>Mononofu

Will they survive if Bleach and Nisekoi are ending?

Jump editors have confirmed Bleach is ending in less than 10 weeks. Nisekoi looks even sooner. Yes, it will clear up some room, but they had better shape up before the new batch of serializations start up.

Saiki has been drifting toward the bottom for a few weeks right before the anime started. How ironic.

>Kimetsu no Yaiba
Fuck yeah
>Takuan to Batsu
Fuck no

I wonder why Batsu is doing so bad, seems pretty good from the couple of chapters that I've read.

>Butthurt Academia shonenfags

I have no idea how Mononofu is still going with its low rankings and unrecorded sales. Plenty of WSJ manga that actually sold anything have been cut quicker.

Buttsu and Monoautism are done.

I'm just glad Kimetsu is doing well. It had me worried there with the sales but I think it might survive after all.

>Black clover rank higher than Hero academy

What the fuck happened???

It has ranked higher than BnHA before.
Its not really a surprise anymore

>Black Clover still in the top 5

Has been out of the top 5 in literal months. I dig it.

hasn't*

I still laugh at those who said SnS would be cancelled 50 chapters ago

>Takuan to Batsu
FUCK NO. Please survive.

What the actual fuck

Ghost tit #1?

I think that Bleach and Nisekoi are ending within the next two months, that might save both of Mononofu and Takuan to Batsu for next time's cutting board. There's room for new series without cutting both of them.

It's first volume sold over twice as much as most the other recent series.

I laugh at the people who said, Kimetsu No Yaiba would get axed just because of its first few average ranks...

Lot of anons say there's a sea change occurring in Jump. Bleach, Gintama, Toriko, and Nisekoi are all in their last stretch. The popular freshman series, except Black Clover, are only successful in the rankings but have sub-100k sales. Are those sales just something Jump will accept?

Anyone know if Haikyuu, Saiki, Soma, or World Trigger are close to their natural ends? If not, by 2017 they'll be the old guard, not counting Kochikame, OP and HxH.

Takuan and Batsu suffered the opposite fate. Average ranks upon arrival that then dipped to the bottom.

If both Bleach and Nisekoi end before the next set of new series, there will be three open slots for new series, and if Jump follows their recent trend they'll only introduce two new series, although it's possible they'll introduce three to fill all the open slots. Either way, nothing needs to be cancelled, so I doubt we'll see any newer series go for probably another half a year or so.

Saiki is a gag manga.
Soma and WT still have things to do.

It took 4 weeks to reach 70k. The first week was 29k.

>Ghost Tits first
good

They should end all 4 of them and start 4 new series. This shogi shit will never sell

It probably would have sold more during the first week. They kept reprinting it.

29k is still more than most new series 1st volumes, which also all dropped off the ranking, where as Yuuna continued to sell enough to reach 70k.

I can see WT ending by the end if next year, maybe not entirely naturally, but Ashihara has health issues and it doesn't have much growth potential now that the anime is done.

Don't follow Saiki but as a gag manga, how can you tell if the author wants to end it?

Its been fairly competitive between the two. Though I am a bit surprised with BNHA, isn't the rankings based on 7-8 weeks ago? We were in the middle of a major climax with the Big bad, I'd figure it would have ranked easily #1 or #2

>Haikyuu
It's about 60% done if the author only shows MCs first year. In the current arc they are preparing for nationals
>Soma
About 50-60%
>WT
Could easily be 400 chapters long with the New World-ish arc

I think none of them will end before 2019

Yaiba is a battle shounen, I'm not surprised the editors place it high with Clover and Heroaca. I hope more people will buy it now

In addition to the health problems and anime end, World Trigger ranks in the bottom more often than not these days. Reminds me of Toriko's situation.

If Jump is forcing Shimabukuro to rush to the end, I'm sure Ashihara will get the same treatment in a year or so.

I fucking hope they don't rush World Trigger to the end. It's one of my favorites.

With Bleach, Gintama, and Toriko ending soon, Jump will be relatively light on battle manga. That small void should help Kimetsu no Yaiba.

I don't read it but maybe Takuan and Batsu can shift to action and take advantage too.

>Yuuna at #1

The power of tank nipples is unstoppable. Tosh should appeal to JUMP to get an edge back.

funny how Mononofu went from having its highest ranks like 12-15 issues ago to now being almost worth considering cancellation.

So the rankings are based off 8 weeks ago? Does that mean 7 or 8 chapters ago?

Looks like Kimetsu is safe from early cancellation.

Good to see Yuna and Black Clover at the top
Kimetsu beating MHA? now thats unexpected

>ecchi manga on top
What the fuck, I thought jump readers were embarrassed to vote ecchi manga. Is it any good? I'm a gay man but ecchi manga with easy harem and big boobs always turn me on, dunno why, should I jump in?

I'm digging Kimetsu No Yaiba so far, it's a very non-Jump series (is kinda giving me a Sunday vibe actually) but it's good.

New Jump shit when?

I want some new adventure manga.

It's an old source this though. It's from Oda's QA and Bakuman, but nowadays Jump reader mostly vote online, so it should have speed up the process at least of a couple of weeks.

Black Clover and Yaiba?

Any solid number? I'll take a guess.

Maybe is time for Jump to change the strategy.

Let the series grow a little and no burn and axe every new series that fast.

>I'm a gay man but ecchi manga with easy harem and big boobs always turn me on, dunno why, should I jump in?
No you're a bisexual man.

They kind of already do this. Over half of their newer manga sell less than 100k. But a lot of them still do well in the rankings, so they've kept them around. Hinomaru Zumo sells less than 50k but is considered a success.

But user I don't like real girls. I've always ever been with boys. When I see a girl IRL, no matter how hot she is, I never have those kind of feeling. It's only 2D girls I fap to.

Bakuman explained this clearly. The main Jump aim is selling Jump. They want to sell the magazine first, that's why the rankings are so important. Meanwhile, we western have a distorted perception of how a volume must sell to be considered a success because the holy trinity doped the sales, but in reality just cracking the Oricon means that your manga is a good success. There are tons of volume released in japan every day (for christ sake there are something like more of a hundred of magazines), selling around 50k is already considered a success. Jump axes manga when they don't bring readers to Jump anymore, volume sales matter almost zero. How many veteran manga with great sales have we seen being forced to end quickly just because the rankings weren't good anymore? Mago, Bleach, Toriko.. Jump cares about Jump, volumes sales are already a success, there is no other magazine where every series always crack the Oricon.

They've definitely been doing this recently though. Both introducing less series and axing series less quickly. I don't remember exactly how long it's been, but when was the last time they even axed a series? That shitty baseball manga? It used to be we'd see at least one or two go every time they introduced a new batch of series.

>Takuan to Batsu
Crap. Unless it pulls out a small miracle it's fucked.

>Yuragi-sou
this disgusts me

Buddy Strike was the last manga they axed, and yeah it was a while ago.

AssClass ended properly.

Both Kimetsu and Samon have pulled crazy turn arounds in their rankings so it's not impossible.

people for god's sake

You don't sell millions of copies and get canceled. It'd be retarded. At some point the ranks don't matter. That's how stuff like Bleach and Toriko lived for longer than you'd think would be normal given their lower rankings. Nisekoi too. They sell.

>How many veteran manga with great sales have we seen being forced to end quickly just because the rankings weren't good anymore?
>Bleach
it begins

Surprised MHA isnt top.

>Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san is 1st
>Kimetsu no Yaiba 3rd

NEW BLOOD

I do worry though because while I quite like Takuan and Batsu, I can't really see what might suddenly make it more well-regarded.

Samon had a hard shift from how it initially worked. As for Kimetsu...not actually quite sure what happened there. Well that's why I consider it a little miraculous if you recover like that.

I liked Takuan and Batsu too, so I'd be sad for it to go as well. I'm hoping for that miraculous turn around.

Also, I never really understood what people said about Samon getting magically better after the first couple chapters. Most of the manga still seems to be humor derived from Samon being a dick. Was it just the introduction of more characters?

Samon became more sympathetic, more characters were added, and it became much less "Samon-kun is an Asshole".

If it had stayed exactly like the first few chapters it would have totally been axed.

So
1-Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san
2-Black Clover
3-Kimetsu no Yaiba
4-Boku no Hero Academia
5-Haikyuu!!
6-Gintama
7-Samon-kun wa Summoner
8-Toriko
9-Saiki Kusuo no Psi-nan
10-Nisekoi
11-Bleach
12-Kochikame
13-Takuan to Batsu
14-Mononofu
15-Isobe Isobee Monogatari

Takuan no batsu looks ready to get axed, shame.

Probably because it's about Shogi, they need to fill some quotas.

which one is the new TLR?

Yuragi Yuna

Doesn't make sense, they haven't had staple board-games manga since, what? Hikaru no Go? Was that even Jump? Never read it.

I really don't understand why Mononofu lives, but if anything since it ranks even lower than Takuan and Batsu that just makes me more hopeful.

Maybe Jump really did change philosophy and isn't trying to cut things down in 20 chapters.

While I don't understand why it's survived this long, Mononofu's probably next to get axed, and with all these long running series ending, I doubt we'll see more than one, if that, cancelled when they introduce the next set of new series.

Mononofu is this year's Kagamigami

"Thing that survives a bit longer than you expected, but still dies"?

Japan will defend this.

I wish this series hadn't been born.

Perfectly fucking generic.

Well, at least it doesn't make me furious like Nisekoi does.

Yeah, Kagami was even worse though. Editor's ruined it with shounen cliches

It would have been a very nice, weird detective story. The battle manga elements were dull indeed.

Interesting

secure.flickr.com/photos/akito_h/collections/72157634741175824/

Why aren't you reading Tanjiro's Bizzare Adventure?

I wish Jump still crazy covers with all the mangaka on it.

Why is Black Clover Sooo good ?

Because of Yami and sluts

You are straight in denial

it's not, fuck off

>that swimsuit that digs a little bit into the skin.
that always gets my engine running.

It's called skindentation.

The moment the manga confirmed All Might wasn't gonna die and everybody was safe, simply injured was when it lost most of the interest. Everyone wants everyone to live, but after the sigh of relief it's obviously gonna lose all the hype and interest since the aftermath isn't anything special.

MHA usually does a good job of spinning a twist on cliches, but the way they dealt with the last arc was just same old same old from the rest of the series so far. Even if you enjoy it, I highly doubt it's memorable enough to hit rank 1.

Not when ghost tits is willing to show the goods.

But it is user.

When is HxH returning.

Speak for yourself, that was the most hype the manga has been and people loved it.

>and people loved it

The rankings say otherwise.

If we don't hear anything before DQXI comes out, don't expect anything until 2018.

I thought it handled it well.
Killing off all might was unnecessary and its was more of cliche to do so since p much everybody was calling for his death.

Both AFO and All Might are still alive.
The torches have been passed on but they're still playing a role. In glad desu since fags were already calling it like the death of Jiraiya.

next year

The rankings don't say anything. It happened like 4 chapters ago.

Also BnHA is ranking highly even if you were right, so, what?

> Rank 4)

>next year

>Haikyuu!!
>60% done
No way, those nationals will take years to complete. Especially because teams like Nekoma will probably get focused on as well.

So the ghost harem is the new hot thing in town?
What does it offer that other haremshit doesnt?

Next week in manga magazine

Nipples.

>ranking below Kimetsu no Yaiba

nothing

but that;s exactly why it's here; there's no other plain and unremarkable fanservice series in the magazine