Republicans in Congress want to ban bump-fire stocks

NRA remains silent. Gun Owners of America vow action. What does Sup Forums and /k/ have to say?

nytimes.com/2017/10/04/us/politics/bump-stock-fire-legal-republicans-congress.html?src=trending
archive.is/fvKld

>“I own a lot of guns, and as a hunter and sportsman, I think that’s our right as Americans, but I don’t understand the use of this bump stock,” Senator John Cornyn of Texas, the No. 2 Republican in the Senate, said, adding, “It seems like it’s an obvious area we ought to explore and see if it’s something Congress needs to act on.”

>Mr. Cornyn said the continuing legality of the conversion kits was “a legitimate question,” and told reporters he had asked Senator Charles E. Grassley of Iowa, the Judiciary Committee chairman, to convene a hearing on that issue and any others that arise out of the Las Vegas investigation.

>Other Republican senators, including Lindsey Graham of South Carolina, Orrin G. Hatch of Utah and Marco Rubio of Florida, said they would be open to considering legislation on bump stocks.

>In the House, Representative Carlos Curbelo, Republican of Florida, said he was drafting bipartisan legislation banning the conversion kits. Representative Mark Meadows, the head of the conservative Freedom Caucus, also said he would be open to considering a bill, while Representative Bill Flores, Republican of Texas, called for an outright ban.

>“I think they should be banned,” Mr. Flores told the newspaper The Hill. “There’s no reason for a typical gun owner to own anything that converts a semiautomatic to something that behaves like an automatic.”

>In an often deadlocked Washington, none of the pronouncements guaranteed action. The National Rifle Association, which has poured tens of millions of dollars into Republican campaign coffers, remained mum on the bump stock discussion and could stop it cold.

>And Erich Pratt, executive director of another gun rights group, Gun Owners of America, vowed to block any legislation.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/APphdkx0P3k
youtube.com/watch?v=r1jx1TOzxrE
youtube.com/watch?v=O8GnHPCn700
huffingtonpost.com/john-aronno/alaska-gun-legislation_b_2792135.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

1776 will commence again. Let them ban it, it only brings us one step closer to freedom.

Those things have no military or tactical value and are basically glorified range toys. The only reason it was effective on Sunday night was because his target was an ocean of thousands of people all packed tightly together. Otherwise you couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with one. So I don't really care. But don't think this will be enough for the libtards. They'll be after semi autos after the next one happens.

Tip of the iceberg. 2020 will be a new world.

Bring it on
youtu.be/APphdkx0P3k

That would mean stupid legislation about a stupid product. How surprising. I can't believe they're wasting any time with this. How about banning finger exercises and precision triggers? Miculek can nearly match the rate of fire of an M4, so that makes him + S/A anything a machinegun, right?

Miculek is a fucking superhuman freak though. You can't expect everyone to be like him.

Hiperfire will be banned next. Private sales will be banned in 2018.

Cant you just bumpfire by holding the gun a kinda retarded way?

Have you not heard the term low hanging fruit? Thats usually a good place to start. Can't pick the whole tree at once.

I'm about 1/2 his speed for 5 seconds. Then I get a cramp. Still, though, it is possible, and this is just more legislative hair-splitting. Every minute they spend on this crap is another few million down the toilet.

Yeah but bump stocks allow you to aim them when you do it. By aim I mean it extremely loosely.

People cry for the end of the second amendment, in truth it was lost the second any law restricting weapons was created.

>another few million down the toilet.
Wut

You want me to start bringing receipts? If thats your concern, you can just go ahead and get over it.

This.
I've played with a converted SKS and it's completely useless, waste of a good rifle.
What happened in Vegas was a bad example of a situation where automatic fire is effective.
Firing into a dense crowd of people from high above and 500m out.
I know I'm not American and really have no right to comment on your gun rights but who cares if they ban bump stocks and trigger cranks?
Who is actually using these things and what for?

oh no my beloved boat sank again

The dreamers; 2nd amendment dreamers; will not accept infringments. They want constitutional rule [back].

So a few days ago, we were gonna get legalized silencers, and a relaxation of the ridiculous gun laws but now they are gonna ban tannerite autos, silencers and anything else we let them. They are foaming at the mouth desperate to ban guns before the pedosexuality push that got delayed is implemented

I'll fight it on principle but I honestly couldn't care less about those faggy pieces of shit at the end of the day. I bought one and I hated it. They turn perfectly good rifles in money eating noise makers.

i knew this shit was going to happened

youtube.com/watch?v=r1jx1TOzxrE

>but who cares if they ban bump stocks and trigger cranks?
Muh slippery slope! Next thing you know we can't even have butter knives!

Tyranny can't be appeased. If you surrender an inch of ground, they'll only demand more. No, the only way this can be fixed is by having 5 or more constitutional originalists like Scalia on The Bench.

As always, one nut slowly but surely chips away at our freedoms, and cowardly Congressmen who wouldn't vote for this legislation on September 30 are falling all over themselves to vote for it today.

>So a few days ago, we were gonna get legalized silencers
really? fucking mossad really fucked us over.

Yeah and thumb through the beltloop

I hate RINOs

So what, nigger? I hunt just fine without silencers, and so have all of my family from back in the old days.

Jeez. Give the Gov' a break here. Do you really wanna end up in a situation where some lunatic nigger is shooting and you've no idea from where?

>I think heroin should be banned

Bump fire stocks absolutely destroy your accuracy and are garbage from a combat standpoint. But if history has shown anything if you don't oppose the gun grabbers on every front they will whittle down your rights until you can't own a butter knife.

And if you asked the people pushing for a ban of bump stocks to explain what a bump stock was none of them would be able to accurately describe it. They don't care about safety they only want the illusion of it.

>Jeez. Give the Gov' a break here. Do you really wanna end up in a situation where some lunatic nigger is shooting and you've no idea from where?
Literally nothing will stop that. In the right hands a bolt action could kill many dozens. I mean at least American gun control legislation will do nithing ti stop that. It can be theoretically stopped though.

Yep.
Accelerationalism like this will ultimately make full-autos legal again
one way or another.

Example
> room with 100 overpaid politicians each making $1M/yr
> 1 hour ~ $50k assuming 2088 work hours

So, I overestimated by a bit. Still, we are paying for some untold number of paper pushers and much later on Judges to enforce new laws processing cases that wouldn't be in the queue if this nonsense wasn't implemented in the first place.

Leland Yee, OTOH, has convinced me that anyone pushing regulation of any firearm component is acting in the interest of his black market brand (a glock 19 without a s/n on silkroad could set you back $1000, buying one legitimately would be about $300).

Every time a new gun-related legislation is passed, the black market benefits, and more police get to make the choice between being a "boy scout" or paying the bills (because their CO is in on the bullshit, and issues orders accordingly).

This

It really is a fucking giggle range toy. It is crazy inaccurate. You could do far far far more damage taking rapid fire controlled shots. However I say fuck the demoshits.

We don't have to just pass new gun laws EVERY single time there is a shooting. We are a nation of 340 million people. A few thousand are going to die each year to guns. Dozens of thousands die in vehicle accidents and yet nothing banning though.

Shit happens, evil exists, stop trying to fucking dick around with our rights for political gain. What if they restricted women's right's to vote based on how many are committed for psych evauls a year?

Ban nothing.

I have never heard of a bump stock in my life. Can someone explain these things to me like I'm the retard you think I am? I'm starting to think its a massive meme but I genuinely have no idea what the fuck it even is.

>Who is actually using these things and what for?
They seem idiotic to me, but I believe in semi autos as much as the next guy. I am all for assault weapons.

Never a huge fan of weapon changes. The bump stock IF I understand from videos requires someone to actively try to STOP firing. It seems like a pretty slick way around the auto fire ban. The shoe string trick seems better, but would burn a whole clip unless you packed dummies every so many rounds.

The crank...also questionable in use, but also something I doubt they ban.

Thanks bonger for understanding your laws and being open about ours. There is certainly many minconceptions about US weapons and owners rights. It is not wild west as it may seem.

This is what really makes me believe this was a false flag.

great. i have more than ill ever need and their price will sky rocket. ban away congress niggers

Gun Control legislation could help to at least abate the rate at which these attacks occur, though. I doubt he would've been able to take out even five people with a Bolt-lever from that distance.

>room with 100 overpaid politicians each making $1M/yr
> 1 hour ~ $50k assuming 2088 work hours
The fucking president doesn't get paid that much.

youtube.com/watch?v=O8GnHPCn700

In Alaska they passed HB69. It basically says the if the federal government makes any laws restricting the 2nd amendment we tell them to fuck off.

>be me CA gun owner
>have uncucked 80% ARs
>don't give a fuck about bump stocks because that's for wanna be operators
>have none of it matter because we're 1 gavin away from all guns being illegal

Halp plz

As a Sup Forumso/k/ I couldn't care less about bump fire shit. They can ban it, but keep your god damn hands off my guns.

>with a Bolt-lever from that distance.
yeah and why's that? because they were corralled, or because there were thousands of them all in one place?

goddamn I hate nogun retards

>Gun Control legislation could help to at least abate the rate at which these attacks occur, though.
Different subject from what I replied to
>I doubt he would've been able to take out even five people with a Bolt-lever from that distance.
The most powerful sniper rifles in existance are bolt action

Why the fuck is it always Republicans cucking themselves? Why couldn't they have waited for a least democrats to introduce legislation?

Same thing for DACA. Republicans are the ones leading the effort. Fucking cucks

>number 2 republican

VOTE OUT THE KEKS, VOTE OUT THE KEKS

>melt all guns
>receive trucks of peace

You have to face the fact that you can't stop a motivated bad guy because he doesn't care about your rules.

Useful as a political pawn I suppose. These narrow laws get passed and companies and gun owners find ways around them. It's whack-a-mole. In fact, it's usually a source of profit for the gun industry.

U fukn srs m8? Unless they're shooting subsonic .22 or maybe 300 blackout sub sonic you're gonna fuckin hear it.

Fuck that cunt. Notice how all the "I support the 2A...BUT..." people only mention hunting and sports shooting, neither of which are the reason it exists. Fucking traitor sack of shit.

>Gun Control legislation
incorrect. 2 of the most monumental shootings in US history are JFK and MLK. Bolt action and slide action. It has been proven that both COULD have been done by the people blamed....It is not a debate about if, but that the accepted killing weapons were "simple" by liberal standards.

I happen to have the same model of Gamemaster that aledgedly killed MLK. Quality, not quantity.

You don't go shooting much do you?

Damn if only we banned them sooner it would have stopped every mass shooting before this one. And that Chicago murder rate is going to plummet now. Niggers thought they were slick using bump fire stocks to shoot each other without us even knowing it.

A gross over-estimation I took the time and liberty to make, thank you very much.

i'm a hunter for a living you nigger

Can you hear a car and tell where it is coming from? A gun silencer is a car muffler. The same dude made both. Exact same tech.

Why don't you just drive around with hearing protection on? Because it damages other people. The same should apply for guns. Silencers do not silence gunshots, they just drop them below the pain threshold. 140 decibels is pain threshhold. Still fucking loud.

I've been in Alaska since last Friday for the first time, here 'till Sunday. Your state is spectacular and I never want to leave.

Says peace sign dem cuck

>I doubt he would've been able to take out even five people with a Bolt-lever from that distance.

You fucking outed yourself, retard

They're really easy to make yourself. If it will shut up the left, ban the sale of them. They aren't fireams so arent necessarily protected by the 2nd anyway.

The only reason it was effective is because a belt fed machine gun (prolly m240) was used and not a stupid fucking Bump stock AR

>clip

So it basically just turns whatever its attached to into some spray n pray shit?

do you mean in 2013?
huffingtonpost.com/john-aronno/alaska-gun-legislation_b_2792135.html

Ok well my point is that the purpose of a bill is to get it passed. Low hanging fruit comes first. Sorry it's not the most bang for your buck.

Is it? No. It won't. They'll ban a little bit more and a little bit more. No one will do shit. They want to slowly disarm people so they can be safe whilst they do as they please.

I'm also going to add that Cody Wilson, although schlocky, is pretty much spot on. Affordable, easy to operate CNC mills, lathes, co2 cutters, 3d printers, etc will eventually automate gunsmiths and firearm manufacturers out of business. Spending thousands for a machine to mill a piece of aluminum you can purchase for $50 is a hipster move in late 2017. It might not be that way once personal fabricators become mainstream.

The reason the Second Ammendment exists is so we can shoot the government in case it becomes tyrannical. It's the right to self-preservation.

Guns are an equalizer.

Don't forget that this is accident #2 that shelved the SHARE act. First was the liberal nutcase that opened fire at the congressional baseball game a few months ago.

LOL, it's easy to make bump stocks with any decent 3D printer. Fucking retard congresscucks.

>the absolute state of nogunz

>U fukn srs m8?
You ever used/been around a "silencer"?

They only keep the local noise down. They do "hide" the sound of the gun. Sure it is still loud, but the noise is different and easier on the ears. It makes a difference at 8:14 am in the middle of nowhere innawoods. Your ears are not ready for loud noises....Sure the bullet cracks, but that thing is heading away from you.

it's not big deal.those things are kind of pointless anyway.....it's just that giving these faggots any sort of victory is a bad idea

I don't buy the bump stock rhetoric either. I'm almost certain it was an m240.

Basically. If you stick your thumb through the trigger guard and pull the weapon forward it does the same shit.

No they released the pictures today. The all had bump stocks.

Amen to that. I think Trump will get Ginsburg and Kennedy, hopefully soon.

Cadence is on par with the 240B for sure, and the bullet holes seen in the beer truck look a bit large for it being a 5.56. 240B is 308? it has to be 240

Because they're not Republicans, they're just Democrats pretending they're Republican to get elected.

It doesn't matter man. These people are only talking to themselves. Anybody who's an outdoorsman or Second Amendment Woman is not going to change their lifestyle because some city slicker on youtube thinks they're gay.

That ship sailed along time ago.
The US is already a police state: militarized police, out-of-control drug war, mass incarceration, asset forfeitures, NSA reading all emails.
Having legal guns didn't do shit.

Can any of you Americans explain what's the big deal about bumpfire stock? I only ever fires semiautomatic rifles, but I imagine bumpfire would be extremely hard to to control by the looks of it.

>technology is such that Americans can own what are effectively machine guns but still legally defined as semi-automatics

Keep up the good work brothers, don't let them take them off you!

>There’s no reason for a typical gun owner to own anything that converts a semiautomatic to something that behaves like an automatic
he's the reason though.

>t. gun expert and highly intelligent leftist

Why not? Jakwandrious isn't going to make a bump stock, but rich liberal can buy one. What a country!

kys faggot.

automatic guns should be banned.. well i always thought they were even in the usa

It's an overpriced novelty item to "impress" faggots who think they're commandos, it's a neat concept but in a practical sense it would be way more efficient to just have a semi auto. unless you were kicking down doors

Full autos are banned here, but the ingenuity of the white man makes rapid fire possible despite the law. How is Ahmed doing, are you accommodating him properly?

They are banned. He illegally combined a gun attachment.

I'm buying 20 more of them tomorrow morning.

Doubt it will happen

bet i do more damage with out one of those things. who the fuck would use one of those anyways? thats what a fucking saw is for. what a stupid fucking invention for people who have never actually been to war. thats recreational fake soldier shit.

I legit didn't know those exist until this week, and I'm a gunfag. Never gave a shit about firing fast.

Why? If you get caught selling once it's worthwhile you'll go to prison. Buy stock instead. Smith and Wesson

Sorry to be that guy but what's a bumpstock?