How far in does Evangelion actually start to get interesting?

How far in does Evangelion actually start to get interesting?

When you finish it so you can endlessly shitpost about it on Sup Forums.

Episode 14 after the recap.

At no point it is shit and will always be shit

Never user. Watch better anime like LOTGH or Monster.

>Eva fucks you up man!
>watch it all and don't feel particuarly fucked up

2nd half of EoE was a "what the fuck am I watching?" moment though.

Only the first 6 episodes are interesting

EP1

It doesn't

I'm pretty sure it gets interesting a couple of minutes into the first episode for the wast majority of people.

Episode 19 when the EVA-01 transforms into a angel-eater gorilla.

Can't argue with those numbers.

but not for vast majority

How are the movies? I haven't got around to seeing them yet and wanted to know if they're good or not

Fucking this

this

There's only two reactions people have to Evangelion:

They Love to Hate it.

or

They Hate to Love it.

Hideaki Anno is the anime director equivalent of an abusive spouse.

Well fuck me, I guess I'm watching it

Goddamnit Anno

Movies are shit if you liked the charaters, writing and backstory for nge.

They are great if you want to see slick animation and cool Eva fights.

>implying you need to actually watch it to shitpost about it.

>tfw loved the characters

Welp, time to shut off the brain and get those torrents rolling

I love it up to the last few episodes, then I fucking hate it.

Here I'll give you a general sense:

Rebuild 1.0 - First quarter of the TV show dramatized, very similar in plot and themes.

Rebuild 2.0 - Second quarter of TV show dramatized, things starting to change in major ways culminating in Shinji finding his testicles.

Rebuild 3.0 - Everything has officially gone off the rails and Anno has lost his mind. Somehow manages to fuck up everything good about 2.0.

>How far in does Evangelion actually start to get interesting?
Episode 9, also known as the pinnacle of Japanese animation.

/thread

is this loss?

It might as well be.

for anyone who actually needs to know is an honest and legitimate answer.

The only argument people have against 3.0 is that the characters treated shinji in an annoying and nonsensical way.

Because 95% of people who watch NGE project themselves into the character that is Shinji, after Shinji was thrust into a situation where people were treating him poorly, unfairly and nonsensically, they were personally hurt and confused. They felt betrayed by all of their favorite characters, and were confused why they would treat him in such a way.

This is how 3.0 is an absolute masterpiece. Just as 2.0 successfully pulled you through a comfy world of girls and overcoming obstacles and made you happy and comfortable, 3.0 just as successfully pulled you into a world of pain and confusion, precisely what Shinji was feeling during 3.0. It is a magnificent achievement in art that people feel exactly what the main character is feeling while the main character is feeling it, the sense of confusion and pain that Shinji is feeling is 100% projected onto the viewer.

Plebians are unable to separate themselves from the perspective of Shinji and look at Hideaki's artwork from the outside, so they turn their pain and confusion into dislike, aka cognitive dissonance(what christians feel when they see literature on natural selection).

This is why a true patrician understands the magnificent piece of art that 3.0 is, and the difficult task that it has achieved of pulling you directly into the feelings of the MC.

I felt personally betrayed by Anno when literally NOTHING from the previews at the end of 2.0 was actually in 3.0.

At the end

I expect 4.0 to pull some epic shit to wrap things up
3.0 will remain very skippable for years to come regardless of how anno ends it tho
Just shinji hanging out with his boyfriend taking piano lessons for an hour and a half

Can't argue with quad dubs

An alienating by design sequel would have been cute if the paired movie with all the excluded context had followed soon after, but after Rebuild is completed 3.33 itself will still waste time and the character and mecha design will look like dog shit.

>replaces character exploration and thematic depth with shallow cast and nonsensical plot
>hurr durr people are hating on 3.0 because they can't project any more
Nice pasta faggot.

So you're saying it's purposefully shit and it wants you to dislike it, but that's why you should like it?

It takes off after ep 8, imo.

Not OP. I was watching 2 episodes a day though and the latest one I got to was where Asuka got angeled by the Holy Ghost.
I'd say mechanical would be my favorite genre for anime, and in general I kind of like the way how the Eva's are handled and how the battles could get strategic as fuck, with my favorite one being the Ramiel fight episode wise.

Eva completely fucks me up, and in a really bad way. I can't stand watching it wallow in its depressing misery.

After EVA goes berserk. Episode 19 and beyond.

>is that the characters treated shinji in an annoying and nonsensical way.

That's true for most of the actual show.

G Gundam is a better Mecha. Watch that instead

But that was a damn good duet they played.

I liked 3.0. It was refreshing to see the plot really digress from the original series.

Which is why I hated 1.0. It was basically a condensed and soulless version of the original.

>The only argument people have against 3.0 is that the characters treated shinji in an annoying and nonsensical way.
I've always found it strange people have a problem with this in 3.0 when that's essentially what's propelled the entire plot from the beginning.
Get in the Eva Shinji! Etc..

>draw a Shinji
>call it a boy
HOW IS THIS ALLOWED

People don't watch Evangelion because it's interesting, they watch it because it is pretty and stylish. Just enjoy it visually and you'll be much happier user.

The original episodes 25/26.

So the true EoE?

Well, that's kind of hard to do when the show keeps shoving the plot in your face - especially when it resorts to using repetitious scenery like the trippy subway sequences and Shinji using his cassette player and shit. And then the last two episodes are just the characters pontificating a bunch of painfully obvious themes to you like you're some oblivious retard. Yes, I get it - Shinji's a whiny faggot who hates responsibility and commitment, Asuka's a turbo-PMS bitch whose facetious arrogance hides her true loneliness, and Misato is a whore with daddy issues. The last 24 episodes did a fine job explaining this. For fuck's sake.

everyone knows the only reason the last 2 eps were what they were is they ran out of budget

Until they introduce best girl Asuka.
So, episode 8.

>is Shinji gay threads
>when this episode exists

GET IN THE ROBOT
E
T

I
N

T
H
E