Jojo thread

JJL65 spoilers
>yonkouproductions.tumblr.com/post/147286072913/jojolion-chapter-56-spoiler-pictures

>pastebin.com/CJPJP2Hi

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3trx0_aiFQQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Boom

Second for Cousin Frankie

Because part 4 is all about the youth of Mlorioh having golden hearts and that being passed through each generation, it fits perfectly instead of just URRRRR JOSUKE FROM DUH FUTURE

D-Dora.

All those fights you mentioned literally only had one good part that pales in comparison to the shitty asspull and shitty fight itself.
Yo-Yo-Ma! Was at least entertaining, and it wasn't defeated in a cheap asspull way. Anasui was a fucking boss during it. Literally the only problem it had was it spanned too many chapters.

The worst fights in part 3 are still better than the worst fights in part 6

The worst fights in any part are better than the worst fights in Part 6.

that's including Wired fucking Beck who lasts like 4 pages.

[GEEZER'S VINE]
[SUN ALUMINIUM]
[MAD MINERAL]
[EXPENSIVE BLOWJOB]
[ROCK NIGGER]
[TOOTH]
[HARD AND DRY]

Hey guys what do you think of my stand
He awoke last night and hasn't stopped making... noises.. since.

>the protagonists could have gotten rid of by just kicking it overboard
They explaned why they couldn't do that, it ate the green baby

Guys, Jojo is gay

Daily reminder:
16 - Let's Go Hunting (5)
17 - Rohan Kishibe's Adventure (5)
18 - Shigechi's Harvest Part 1 (4)
19 - Shigechi's Harvest Part 2 (3)
20 - Yoshikage Kira Just Wants A Quiet Life / People of Morioh (6)
21 - Yukako Yamagishi Wants To Be Like Cinderella (6)
22 - Sheer Heart Attack Part 1 (6)
23 - Sheer Heart Attack Part 2 (5)
24 - Atom Heart Father (5)
25 - Yoshikage Kira's New Life Part 1 / RPS Kid Is Coming Part 1 (4)
26 - RPS Kid Is Coming Part 2 / Yoshikage Kira's New Life Part 2 (4)

27 - I Am An Alien (6)
28 - Highway Star Part 1 (4)
29 - Highway Star Part 2 (4)
30 - The Cat Who Loved Kira (6)
31 - Who Wants To Live On A Transmission Tower (6)
32 - Enigma Boy Part 1 (4)
33 - Enigma Boy Part 2 / That's Not My Dad (4)
34 - Cheap Trick (6)
35 - Another One Bites The Dust Part 1 (5)
36 - Another One Bites The Dust Part 2 (5)
37 - Josuke goes back in Time (4)
37 - Crazy Diamond Is Unbreakable Part 2 (5)
38 - Crazy Diamond Is Unbreakable Part 3 (4)
39 - I'll Jog Your Memory / The Guardian Angel Of Morioh / Goodbye Morioh; Golden Hearts (3)

Speedreader spotted, good work user.

I'd just like to clear something up. When some of you guys talk about worst parts and fights - you're only speaking comparatively, no?
Coming into JoJo as a newcomer, I thought even the lesser fights of Part 3 were good, even if they can't compare to how evolved many of the later ones are.
Sometimes it just sounds like people think that it's awful in general.

Part 3 is mindless fun but the fights really aren't good even when judged on their own.

First for cancer
youtube.com/watch?v=3trx0_aiFQQ

Of course, even when people talk about things like part 1 being the worst Jojo part it's only in comparison to the rest of the other parts.
No one really thinks parts of this series are awful, if they did they probably wouldn't be fans of JJBA. I adore Phantom Blood and Jonathan but I believe they're the weakest part and Jojo in the series, same with those fights in part 3. They're weak compared to the rest but I still found some entertainment in them.

What are the chances of Yoshikage Kira's new life and RPS Kid getting their respective one-parters?

I'd bet on at least the first chapter of Quiet life will be used as a teaser at the end of the second Harvest episode. At the pace they're going to be going, they can't really afford any 3 chapter episodes.
>37 - Josuke goes back in Time (4)
kek

Part 3 has some flaws, namely Dark Blue Moon is a massive asspull.
I don't quite mind Justice since the leadup to the fight is amazing and the idea of inhaling it because it's a gas is decent.

usually when people talk about bad fights they're talking about Part 6 though.

Any good stand names from your Library?
[KISS THE SKY]
[BRUTAL CARPENTER]
[STUCK IN THE SOUND]
[MYSTERY SKULLS]
[MIDNIGHT NEVER ENDS]
[RAINING STEEL]
[RETROGRADE]
[CHVRCHES]

I'd still argue the "bad" fights in part 6 get too much hate, if you wanted to be critical you could call a lot of fights from part 3 to be the worst ones in the series.

Not likely, I doubt David would stray away from the order that way. Besides, while the RPS kid episode could probably be its own episode, I'm not sure if the Kira parts are suited for an episode of its own the same way.

I'm in love with a cute gangstar.

Every Part aside from maybe 1 has a shit fight in it.

2 has Wired Beck and german knife cactus guy.

3 has Dark Blue Moon and Wheel of Fortune.

4 has Bad Company, shitty stand and awful fight

5 has Talking Heads and Clash which one could argue is the absolute worst in the series. also King Crimson

6 has Planet Waves, YoYo Ma, and Heavy Weather (the parts that aren't Pucci blinding himself)

7 has Mike O and Oyecomova.

8 has Aphex Twins.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE stop giving shitty e-celebs views

>Planet Waves
>shit fight
I hate this meme

>Talking Heads and Clash which one could argue is the absolute worst in the series

Says you, nerd.

>Planet Waves and Heavy Weather
You fucking take that back, Planet Waves was hype and was fucking amazing to watch, Heavy Weather was insane and had one of Pucci's absolute best moments, you can't just say the fight was bad EXCLUDING that moment, Anasui and Weather teaming up to fight Pucci was fucking brilliant.
Stop trying to force your hate for Planet Waves, you sound like that guy who keeps saying White Album was a shit fight just because.

Me Too!
But I'm also In love with a Cute Stand

Unlikely, since Yoshikage Kira's New Life is only 2 chapters with one at either end of RPS Kid. They could potentially put the first one at the end of Atom Heart Father, make RPS Kid 1 episode and then split I Am An Alien into 2 to fill the newly opened episode slot and put YKNL2 at the start of that episode. Then it'd look like this;

16 - Let's Go Hunting (5)
17 - Rohan Kishibe's Adventure (5)
18 - Shigechi's Harvest Part 1 (4)
19 - Shigechi's Harvest Part 2 (3)
20 - Yoshikage Kira Just Wants A Quiet Life / People of Morioh (6)
21 - Yukako Yamagishi Wants To Be Like Cinderella (6)
22 - Sheer Heart Attack Part 1 (6)
23 - Sheer Heart Attack Part 2 (5)
24 - Atom Heart Father / Yoshikage Kira's New Life Part 1 (6)
25 - RPS Kid Is Coming (6)
26 - Yoshikage Kira's New Life Part 2 / I Am An Alien Part 1 (4)

27 - I Am An Alien Part 2 (3)
28 - Highway Star Part 1 (4)
29 - Highway Star Part 2 (4)
30 - The Cat Who Loved Kira (6)
31 - Who Wants To Live On A Transmission Tower (6)
32 - Enigma Boy Part 1 (4)
33 - Enigma Boy Part 2 / That's Not My Dad (4)
34 - Cheap Trick (6)
35 - Another One Bites The Dust Part 1 (5)
36 - Another One Bites The Dust Part 2 (5)
37 - Josuke goes back in Time (4)
37 - Crazy Diamond Is Unbreakable Part 2 (5)
38 - Crazy Diamond Is Unbreakable Part 3 (4)
39 - I'll Jog Your Memory / The Guardian Angel Of Morioh / Goodbye Morioh; Golden Hearts (3)

Keep in mind the split isn't a break just the arbitrary cour ending.

The stand is a great idea but the fight was boring.

Could have done much more with it, I would have preferred if it was unleashed during C-Moon's gravity fuckery and they had to deal with both being sideways and meteors coming in from crazy angles and shit.
Instead it's just a flat boring fistfight in a basement.

[RAINBOW VEINS]
[DON'T FEAR THE REAPER]
[POINTS OF AUTHORITY]
[HOLIDAY]

>Boring
>At all
Did you actually read the fight? It was genuinely intense, Jolyne being stuck in a grapple as fucking meteorites came crashing from the sky targeted towards her whilst she had to figure out how to use her stand in ways to not only avoid the meteorites but to damage Westwoord too was absolutely brilliant.
>Unleashed during C-Moon's gravity fuckery
But that would have detracted from the actual C-Moon fight itself, it was perfectly fine in the prison arc and was actually the high point of the first half of SO. How you can see it as boring is fucking beyond me

The high points of the first half of SO are Jumpin' Jack Flash (one of the best in the entire series) and Jolyne's fight with Pucci and the poison frogs in the courtyard.

Planet Waves isn't even on the list.

>Mike O
literally when will this meme end
Mike O was a fucking great fight and saying it's worse than Choclate Disco or Pork Pie Hat Kid is ridiculous

>Bad Company
>Talking Heads and Clash
>Heavy Weather
>Planet Waves
These were some of the best fights of their respective parts.

The fistfight is why it's so good though.
While I wouldn't call the fight grounded, it really didn't need anymore than it had.
Physical fights are rare, it's why I thought the Aphex Twin fight was cool too.

I had almost forgotten about Miko O and Oyecomova but they both had terrifying stands with body horror elements that were good for creating tension.

oh jesus I forgot Pork Pie Hat kid.

Mike O's fight is just lame. I like the way he dies and Tubular Bells was an... interesting Stand, but he dies way too quick and easy for it to be interesting and ends up being lost in the rest of the part which is god tier.

The only one I have to agree with is Talking Heads/Clash, it was a shit arc, might be better with proper translations, but talking heads is just shit and clash is meh at best

>Aphex Twins
Eh, that one wasn't even an arc of its own, it was just the last chapter and a half of Love Love Deluxe. I'm not so sure it should be held up to those that are the focus of their own entire arc, but for what it was I thought it was pretty fun.

>Jumpin' Jack Flash
>Planet Waves isn't even on the list
Your hate for PW isn't even justified, if you said something like Dragon's Dream or Yo-Yo-Ma! I'd actually understand but Planet Waves was genuinely brilliant to read, it combined amazing brute force with quick-thinking and tactical defeats that the series is known for.

Out of interest though why do you like Jumpin' Jack Flash that much?
The Aphex Twins fight was brilliant though, seeing Gappy fight without his stand had me pumped up.

>Bad Company worse than RPS Kid and Rats
>Talking Head and Clash as the worst fight in JoJo when Yo-Yo Ma exists
>Planet Waves on the list but not Dragon's Dream
>Mike O and Oyecomova worse than D-I-S-C-O

>Worse than RPS Kid
>Implying that fight wasn't fucking brilliant for being an overhyped fight over a pointless Rock Paper Scissors match

>Still trying to say Yo-Yo-Ma was the worst fight in the series when Wheel of Fortune and Dark Blue Moon exists.
Other than that, you've got a point.

RPS kid had a fucking incredible conclusion and Rohan's use of Shizuka's stand power was one of the most genius things in the entire series.
Rat hunting is a great arc with cool body horror and a legitimately scary and powerful opponent as well as fun slice of life mixed in.
I found Bad Company to be one of the lamest Stands and just a lame fight overall, great story and character wise but it's just bland as a fight.

Talking Heads/Clash is fucking terrible and I would put it second worst next to YYM, the ONLY good thing about that fight was TH's user killing himself to make blood so Clash could work.

Dragon's Dream I found more entertaining than Planet Waves, Planet Waves was a creative stand but an unbelievably cut and paste bland fight. Dragon's Dream was a creative stand with a slightly creative fight even if the fake FF death was unnecessary.

Chocolate Disco is fucking awesome, I really do not understand people's problem with it. Bending light with the spin is awesome and the stand itself is super cool, like playing a really deadly game of Battleship.

What does Gappy do against the twins?

That's one of my favorite things about Jolyne. She's one of the most physical stand-using Jojos. Do any of the other stand-using Jojos besides Joseph and Gappy throw a punch?

Funny thing the best part of the fight has nothing to do with Stands, Gappy uses martial arts prowess and beats one of their asses straight hand to hand.

What's wrong with Dark Blue Moon?
At least it came at a point in Stardust Crusaders when you had yet to become completely fucking bored.

Not him but I agree with everything except Planet Waves and Bad Company. Planet Waves is just taste but I don't know how you couldn't like an army of toy soldiers as a Stand. Fair enough if you don't like the fight but the Stand itself is just really simple but cool and effective, it was the first one in the manga to actually bring a smile to my face when I first read from the sheer creativity and ridiculousness of it.

Jotaro literally could do nothing but throw punches for most of his arc.

Jotaro punches people here and there. Josuke breaks RHCP's finger.
That's all I can remember.

He steals the gas with his bubbles then beats them to near death, then Karera comes back and lights them on fire.

Straight-up uses CQC on them, no Soft & Wet, just fists and feet. It was surprisingly brilliant to see.
Star Finger. Literally the definition of an asspull, a move that came out of fucking nowhere to defeat DBM then was never shown again. It was genuinely stupid and it reminded me of what I hated in other shounens: When guys win battles by pulling a SPECIAL MOVE! out of their fucking asses that had no prior foreshadowing or hinting.

Is one of the twins' null stands or something?

>Chocolate Disco is fucking awesome

The problem is that it was really shittily implemented

"Hey Johnny just got fucking shot, but instead of having Gyro investigate the mystery, let him just fight some random dude"

>people actually hate this

No Gappy is just hardcore as fuck

I would have loved Bad Company more if it was more talkative and sentient and had tons of personality, maybe if it even had its own personal chain of command or something, talking like stereotypical WW2 movies.

as it was it was just a bunch of little action figures with jabby guns.

I didn't find it to be that much more bullshit than any other fight that idiot Jotaro wins.
>H-his stand has us in a situation that is impossible to escape from. There is only one strategy that might work: PUNCH IT!

The problem being this one AWESOME FUCKING BADASS PAGE is the only good part of the chapter, the actual Stand battle is terrible.

If it were just Gappy getting in a fistfight with two strong dudes he knew weren't stand users and beating their ass with just hand to hand it would be amazing.

Beats the shit out of them without using his stand, blows off the elder brothers bottom lip and then uses the younger brothers poisonous gas on the eldest one as he watches his skin melt.

Nah, they were just weaksauce and Josuke didn't even need his Stand to beat the shit out of them. He used Soft & Wet to keep their gas away from him but he did the beatdown himself. One of the twin's has a soccer ball with a little Stand inside it that creates a gas that kills nearly instantly, like Purple Haze but it can't control itself. The other brother has a gimped right hand made of rock, and anything he touches with his left hand is teleported to and shoots out of his rock hand. The rock hand brother puts his left hand in the gas and teleports it to his rock hand where it sprays out like a fire hydrant of gas that will instakill anything that breaths it in.

A good point as well. Yet people are still trying to say Yo-Yo-Ma! was actually worse than most of Jotaro's fights which were either won through asspulls or through "OH MY GOD JOTARO IS SO STRONK!!!"
And people give Part 2 shit for the asspulls in it, fucking hell.

Fair enough, that's actually why I liked it myself. Really spoke to my inner child and is something I feel my younger self would have absolutely adored.

>Part 2 asspulls

literally other than the last fight with Kars almost everything was decided by Joseph's skill and trickery.
inb4 you bitch about Hamon being too useful in all situations, there is nothing wrong with that.

But that's nearly everything there was to the whole fight. It was really short.

>Older brother choking out Gappy with metal wiring and splitting his face
>Using Killer Queen 's ability to blow off a guys lip
>Melting someone with poisonous gas while they burn to death
>Terrible
Aphex Twins was metal as fuck

>Araki probably churned this out in a week
>Damo took almost a whole year

>It's a joushuu chapter
About fucking time

>There is nothing wrong with that
But there is literally EVERYTHING wrong with that.
There's no fucking tension in any hamon fight scene because there's NOTHING hamon can't do. It's a generic shonen power-up tool that can apply itself for literally any situation. In any other series maybe it'd be fine but for Jojo it's a fucking travesty and there's no creativity in it because it can literally work for any situation.

>implying

>Damo took almost a whole year
How many fucking hiatuses did he have? I just caught up.

Not him but my issue is that all the tension in fights is killed when stuff like Joseph literally never having the chance to strap grenades to Straits happens. It's entertaining for sure but it's hardly a satisfying way for most fights to end.

Fucking God how based is Gappy? By far the most badass Jojo we've had.

None, JoJo has been monthly SBR chapter 24 in 2004. Damo was 9 chapters and he took one break in like November I think so it's been 10 months. It was his first break in like 2 or 3 years. Being monthly means he's very unlikely to miss a chapter it's just much slower waiting for them but they're longer and have better art.

Just one, in the first chapter of the arc.
I'm glad he finally gets his own chapter, Joshuu has been nothing but comic relief for the past couple years.

I love how villainous Gappy gets at times, a little part of Kira comes out every now and then

I guess it's because Joseph's "asspulls" stand out a lot more since, unlike most other fights in the series, the readers are kept in the dark about what he's doing so it's more of a surprise. I think it's nice though, especially in hindsight.

I wish I had the link to the thread where Sup Forums first saw Gappy
Compare it to now

One, for the Rohan chapter.

A whole year is a big exaggeration, but there were a lot of flashbacks in the middle that ended up lengthening it.

I wasn't really all that into Gappy until this fight.

Gappy is the probably the only JoJo not constrained by his origin.
>Jonathan and Joseph already use fists so it's not really interesting to see them CQC people
>Jotaro, Josuke and Giorno were all previously students, even if they were delinquents, it would be unlikely they'd know how to do martial arts.
>Jolyne was stuck in prison
>Johnny is still Infinite Cripple

There's literally no reason for Josefumi or Kira to know how to fight hand to hand so well but Josuke just does and I love it.

I was personally completely sold on him in the latest chapter, this fucking scene.
Best JoJo, I can't wait to see more of him in the upcoming years.

Wasn't Kira in the Navy though?

Please don't remind me that a long arc takes years to finish it makes the wait seem unbearable for me.

>reading through part 8
>about to get to the aphex twins fight
>people start posting pages from that fight

Nah he's just a medical officer on a cargo ship. He doesn't have any role in the military. Basically he just lives on a cargo ship and does any medical care the crew needs until they make landfall.

The way the chapters are paced and how much new info we get make the wait much more bearable because it gives us SO MUCH to speculate over.
Also it boggles my mind when you realize the full D4C fight took 2 years to finish.

It was a very good arc so the wait wasn't TOO bad. I remember back when the first Damo chapter came out and people were saying it was just gonna be a fun little side arc about Hato's boyfriend. I wonder how those people feel now.

>JOSHUU IS SEWER TRASH

When you look back, the actual arc surpassed a shit ton of expectations.
Never thought Damo would go from a dumb-looking fat guy into the scariest minor villain we've had since Vanilla Ice. It was brilliant.

That's pretty lame then. Though he might've picked up some shit since he'd be travelling a lot though.

Josefumi had a hard life

>browsing the thread and clicking on pages instead of READING THE CHAPTER

>He opens the images anyway and spoils the fight

He's still in the military and would have been given proper training before being allowed to be on active duty. That way if war broke out and they needed him in the field, they could call on him at any notice.