What TV or monitor do you watch anime on? Does a high refresh rate make the quality better?

What TV or monitor do you watch anime on? Does a high refresh rate make the quality better?

>Does a high refresh rate make the quality better?

pls no bully ;_;

only if you're constantly smashing F5

I watch anime the way god intended. I pay a japanese person to watch a show on a 480p screen and have him draw it and act everything out for me, so I get all the benefits from digital animation, and cell animation.

>Does a high refresh rate make the quality better
Yes. Streaming on my desktop vs. laptop is very different.

>streaming

No, but monitors that refresh at stupidly specific numbers can eliminate frame judder.

>stupidly specific numbers
Such as?

Variables of 24 probably.

I watch it on my phone, LG L80

my tv adds extra frames in between frames for smoother movement

23.976 for example. Yes, that's a thing.

Motion compensation done by tv usually adds horrible artifacts (look around the subs for example), and even worse causes audio sync issues.

I know this is bait but anything over 24Hz that is not a multiplier of 24 is going to have horrible frame judder.

No, human eye can't see past 720p video running at 24 fps.

Unless you use some sort of intelligent player, instead of vlc. Reclock helps too.

Okay, grampa, it's time for your meds.

I can tell the difference between 720p 24~ and 4k 60hz quite clearly, even when watching from the other side of the room.

I convert it to mpeg2 so I can play it on my Samsung Instinct.

Good old Pioneer Kuro was legendary but Panasonic stepped it up around 2012-2013

But man was Panasonics line up of 2011 god awful, some really dumb design flaws

1280x1024 LCD from 2007, it looks fine I guess.

>I can tell the difference between 720p 24~ and 4k 60hz quite clearly
You must be some superhuman.

ACER X34 1440P 21:9 @ 95hz (3440 x 1440) G-Sync

I've suspected this for a long time. I'll bet I could do bullet time if I drank two red bulls.

how does animu look in 21:9?

You don't need anything more than 480p for anime. The detail just isn't there, and I'd there is, it's just computer generated.

It's freaking anime guys, it's not like you are going to instantly knowtice fine details on those stick figures in the background.

Like 16:9, with black bars at the sides. Unless you want to ruin the original aspect ratio.

Fuck off.

Eizo FG2421. 5000:1 static contrast ratio, not quite as good as the best plasmas but pretty great.

>with black bars at the sides
oh, yeah. forgot about those

tfw I'll never own a ZT60

:(

It's a shitty Sup Forums meme.

What was so good about this tv? Was it black levels?

I have an HP w1907 for widescreen anime and an old 4:3 Thinkvision for watching older stuff. This setup has served me well for almost ten years now.

That and 600Hz refresh rate.

Muh true black.

I watch it on my 42inch tv

Pretty relaxed

Is sony the best TV brand now?

I miss those plasma Panny sets.

Everyone is now on the 4k LED bandwagon which has shitty blacks and refresh rates

>What TV or monitor do you watch anime on?
Got a pretty good Korean IPS display as a main monitor.

No. What you want is colour accuracy and no backlight bleed.

my 60" samsung plasma makes me cum and cum again. owns my 24" dell led monitor and my 47" sharp lcd. no point in upgrading til 8k comes out.

Kill yourself.

You Airwolf off. You know I'm right. Stop your delusions.

>gaymin
>va panel
It's shit.