USA Weaponlaw

Greetings Anons.

I got a question regarding the Weapon Laws in the US especially fully automatic weapons and so on. since german Sites basically suck and are pretty biased towards that.

what i want to know especially is if fully automatic guns are even allowed for civilians?
and if yes or no, could you provide a link or anything like that?

i really want to shut down some of those "ban all gun" idiots i got in my community but without actual sources its hard.

much appreciated.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firearm_Owners_Protection_Act
gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/USCODE-2011-title26/pdf/USCODE-2011-title26-subtitleE-chap53.pdf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No, that's why he was using bump stocks which will be outlawed momentarily.

where is it stated that fully automatic weapons are forbidden for civilians?

I dunno but its common knowledge

Gun laws vary from state to state. Fully auto weapons are legal but strictly regulated. Not easy or cheap for a civilian. It's easier to modify a semi auto then to buy an auto. Anything is obtainable with a lot of money though.

>what i want to know especially is if fully automatic guns are even allowed for civilians?
Basically not, although there is some kind of exempt for pre-1986 ones. What I understand from it is that those are rare, pricey, hard to transfer and not allowed at all in a lot of states. It's basically an non-issue when talking about shootings, getting an illegal full-auto or converting a semi is way easier if you have bad intentions.

Yeah and you go to prison for 25 years if you have anything to do with that unless it involves a bump stock.

Gun Control Act of 1934

Oh cool all the Tommy gun stuff I assume

You can legally manufacture your own machine gun, you just cant ever transfer it to someone else. It's the modifying that's the crime, not making a machine gun

Well that's what I was replying to
>modify a semi

Let me give you the quick rundown kraut.

The main points of this are as follows

Possession of machine guns made after 1986 is essentially completely illegal for standard civilian pre 1986 machine guns can easily run in excess of $10,000.

This regulates parts to a machine gun as well generally the hammer disconnector and oddly enough foreign made AK-47 barrels are regulated as a machine gun don't ask me why.

There's things civilians can do to acquire post 86 machine guns as well usually via a manufacturer or demo license but the details would require a rather extensive explanation.

Are you an FFL 03/06 with a valid SOT transferring to another dealer of the same kind or federally recognized military or law enforcement organization unless it is for the purposes of repair or customisation? Because if not you've just committed a federal felony punishable by 10 years in prison.

Manufacturer of regulated NFA items without extensive licensure insurance and documentation is completely illegal and punishable by 10 years in prison.

Congratulations you've just illegally manufactured an NFA weapon enjoy your 10 years in pound me in the ass federal prison for some reason I doubt you have your FFL senpai

Yes civilians are allowed to own fully automatic weapons provided they meet the following criteria:
The firearm was manufactured and registered prior to the 1986 cutoff date and
They pass an extensive background check
Or
They are a type 07 SOT FFL and they can manufacture new machine guns for sale to qualified individuals.

thanks for the info lads.

can you provide a link or so for the 1986 ruling?

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firearm_Owners_Protection_Act
Hughes Amendment

>reposting image that both sides long since debunked
Come on user, cut that shit out

I'm not necessarily disagreeing, but how were they debunked?

I forgot it also depends on the state, in addition you need a sign off from your county sheriff and some of them won’t do it.

That was changed under Obama ironically enough they took away discretion from local law enforcement.

However in return I got fucked because now I need fingerprints for every responsible person on my trust rather than the old standard of only the executor needing fingerprints

Would much rather go back to the old way because the kind of Sheriff's that won't sign off on that probably doesn't come from an area that would allow them to begin with.

add in a handy graph overlay of wealth distribution and other societal factors.

its not race, its culture.

gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/USCODE-2011-title26/pdf/USCODE-2011-title26-subtitleE-chap53.pdf

Every state has their own laws also.

1934 put a $200 tax on them, which might as well have been forbidding them.

Firearm Owners’ Protection Act outlawed the sale and transfers of any machine gun manufactured after 1986.

There's been a legal fight, with legislatures trying to outrun judicial decisions since the ratification of the constitution.

Fuck... we were so close to having suppressors and full auto again.