What does Sup Forums think of Kururu from Air Gear?

What do you think about Kururu? As a character and a love interest for the MC.

I personally loved her character and I did believe in the foreshadowing of her being the endgame for Ikki... however the moment of truth was ruining out of plot necessity and the fact that "poor excuse for a character" Ringo is somehow popular enough to remain in the game for the MC...

She was best girl, of course she lost.

Fuck Ringo

Did she lost? I mean, yeah, she was kind of rejected... but neither Ringo nor Simca turned out to be endgame either...

Specially in the one shot extra chapter, where Ikki still lusts after Simca, which I really enjoyed cause it shuts up all those Ringofags proclaiming they were endgame, just because of the color cover of the final chapter...

Ringo is the worst character of the series, period.

Better than Ringo by a wide margin.

How some people like Ringo in the first place?

Best girl, yes.

But she was never a love interest.

>How some people like Ringo in the first place?
Why do people hate Ringo anyway? Ikki's team wouldn't even exist with her.

*without her

If you can't write a good romance, don't write a romance with a shitty character Japan. What, are all their real-world wives just as shitty as Ringo? Maybe that's why their birth rate is down the crapper.

She's one of those really terrible examples of tsundere, who sabotage others for "love" without considering how it hurts the MC.

>who sabotage others for "love"
If you're talking about Simca, it was explained she put her out of the game because she didn't have any real power and would die for sure if she kept getting involved. Also, remember Ringo's faction and Simca's were enemies, so taking out Simca was also an strategic victory for her side.

I don't see what's the problem with this really. It's not like Ringo has to do everything based on Ikki's feelings. She was involved in this war way before Ikki even started using ATs. Besides, it's not like Ikki ever understood Ringo's feeling either. He only started to understand her during the last arc.

I don't agree, the author did try to set her as a love interest, the idea was that she and Ikki were like... "destined for each other"...
Unfortunately he decided at the last second to just mess up what he foreshadowed ever since her first appearance by making her "the only one capable of keeping the damn boat afloat", and forcing Ikki to have se... I mean to tune with Ringo.

It wasn't a last second thing. Ikki had been thinking about Ringo since she confessed. Kururu being too busy with the ship was just a convenient excuse so Ikki and Ringo could tune, but not the actual reason.

That's exactly my point, after Ringo confessed Ikki was questioning himself about "Who he loved?" Ringo or Simca. Then Onigiri proposed to him to close his eyes and think about the girl he wishes to be with.
Ikki did that and, to everyone surprise (even Ikki's), it was Kururu, a girl who he previously met maybe just once but with whom he got along quite easy, who appeared in his mind.

Ikki's surprise was so much, that he instantly punched Onigiri.

From that point on, the author started to foreshadow Ikki and Kururu. And in case someone mentions that their scenes were just a red herring, the only way this specific scene could be considered a red herring is for the author to be a complete incompetent, which I don't think he is... at all. You don't show the face of a girl you barely know unless you actually plan to do something with her in the future...

I do believe it was his editor's fault that he had to drop Kururu for Ringo, due to popularity and stuff like that... which is something that does happen in manga a lot.

I completely agree with you, that scene could be the pinacle of bad writing if it was meant to just be a red herring.

The reason Ikki punched Onigiri was because he couldn't understand why he saw Kururu and was unable to understand why did that girl showed up, if he was thinking of Simca and Ringo at that time...

I don't remember Ikki being that concerned with Ringo after her confession, yeah, he loved her, but only in a brotherly way, but at the same time he understood she had her reasons for doing what she was doing.

>That's exactly my point, after Ringo confessed Ikki was questioning himself about "Who he loved?" Ringo or Simca. Then Onigiri proposed to him to close his eyes and think about the girl he wishes to be with.
>Ikki did that and, to everyone surprise (even Ikki's), it was Kururu, a girl who he previously met maybe just once but with whom he got along quite easy, who appeared in his mind.
Nah I'm talking her actual confession in chapter 243. From that point Ikki was always thinking about her.

this confession

Best Girl.
Ringo is cancer.

I didn't felt he was thinking more about her because of the confession, but because he was worried about his sister who suddenly dissapeared without notice.

That's some selective memory you have there.

>That's some selective memory you have there.
Same thing could be said about you.

I second user, I always felt Ikki's interested in Ringo were more due to him seen her as family, just like with the other girls in the household, than because she was a romantic interested, whenever romance towards Ringo was seen from Ikki's part it felt forced. Being honest, despite supporting Kururu, the only time I felt Ikki was being honest about loving someone, it was with Simca.

I read the manga like 4 years ago, so maybe my memory is being selective, considering what a bad character Ringo was... but even if Ikki thought more about her, I don't remember his thoughts giving a romantic impression... the girl was a sister for the guy, of course he must be worried about her.

>Same thing could be said about you.
No, I just read all those chapters again. He was worried about Rika, sure, but he also was thinking seriously about Ringo's feelings after her confession (it was the first time he ever really thought about her feelings, so it was kind of a big deal). Also, he never sees Kururu as a potential love interest again after that chapter.

The argument is moot though. It's not like Oh Great would ever commit to one pairing. That's what I got form the Simca bonus chapter at least.

Best Pairing

Absolute best girl. A shame that all the foreshadowing some how amounted to nothing, but i'm also convinced that oh! great has some sort of memory disability that prevents him from writing coherent stories anyway

>considering what a bad character Ringo
I don't think she was such a bad character really. As a waifu character, Kururu comes on top, of course. After all she was content with doing whatever Ikki wanted her to. But that's also why she wasn't all that interesting to me. Ringo was more of a conflicted character, turn between her duty, her personal goals, and her feelings for Ikiki. The character development was sloppy (it's Oh Great after all) but at least there was something more to her character than just being a waifu.

>Memory Disability
Nah, He's just a Troll

>but he also was thinking seriously about Ringo's feelings after her confession (it was the first time he ever really thought about her feelings, so it was kind of a big deal)

I can't agree with you on this, and I guess that is evidence enough to say that Oh Great is not exactly the best when it comes to romance.

Ikki actually never sees Kururu as a love interest, that's the funny thing about it. It was just Oh Great foreshadowing that they "should be together", and with Ikki building a more close relationship with her every chapter it was a thing that was suppose to happen eventually... but then everything turned into shit, I don't remember the point exactly, but it did happen.

>kki did that and, to everyone surprise (even Ikki's), it was Kururu
Wasn't that played off as a perverted joke because they were just talking about her or something.

No! In fact, they were talking about Simca and Ringo, about with whom Ikki should go out with. Kururu was not even mentioned in that conversation, that's why it was such a surprise for everyone (Ikki and the readers).

>I can't agree with you on this
On what? That Ikki was thinking about Ringo's feeling after her confession in chapter 243? Just read the manga. It's all there.

You literally just reworded what you said in the other post. And I'm more than sure it was played off as a joke.

>Just read the manga. It's all there.
I read the manga, that's exactly why I can't agree with you.

>than just being a waifu
If you speak about sloppy character development, Kururu did have her own development, which was the cause for her to lie and not confess to Ikki while the ship was sinking.

>between her duty, her personal goals, and her feelings for Ikiki
All the stuff about her "duty", was a complete waste. I hated Ringo since the first chapter, never saw what made her a likeable character at all. But then suddenly, a great twist, she might be, not only a bad guy, but the final (or a very important) bad guy! And of course that is thrown into the shithole.

Cute

rewording it how? I been saying how that scene was played since the begining.

Don't lose your time, user. These are obviously some Ringofags that just came to troll you, better ignore them

This is an English board, learn English completely before using it.

>Kururu did have her own development, which was the cause for her to lie and not confess to Ikki while the ship was sinking.
Wasn't that just Oh Great's excuse so that Ikki and Ringo could tune? I don't see any development for Kururu there.

>All the stuff about her "duty", was a complete waste
It wasn't. The point was that she was bound by her duty. A sort of self-imposed restriction. Her character development was about her breaking out from these restrictions and become "free." You may remember that "freedom" was the central theme of this manga.

I'm disappointed

These are the kind of faggots I was warning you about.

Just passing by to say that Ringo is the worst girl ever made in anime story, never forget that.

>Wasn't that just Oh Great's excuse so that Ikki and Ringo could tune?
Oh, please, don't misunderstand me. One thing doesn't take the other one away. I'm quite sure Ikki would have fighted in the last battle the same way with or without a tuning, that was one of the great things of his character to begin with.

However Oh Great took the chance to create a forced situation where suddenly Ringo could tune, despite not being a tuner herself, just because tuning means having sex with the partner... I mean, I guess that is the reason she never tuned with Kanon in the first place, because it would have mean she was "cheating" on Ikki.

>It wasn't.
We had enough "freedom" pursuit duty-bound characters even before she was revealed. In the few panels where she was an effective antagonist she was... well, an effective antagonist! I think all that potential was wasted in order to keep her in the romance game, if she was sooo bound by her duty, imagine fighting and being defeated by Ikki, thus finally earning the freedom she dreamed so much about, while still staying true to her duty.

Sometimes I believe there is no hope for Sup Forums... then I see comments like this one, and the flames of hope instantly respark in my heart...

That you're so stupid you don't even know what "reword" means?

>Ringofans

Better than that slut Ringo. I remember that one guy who was her tuner or some shit. He said he was intimate with every inch of her body.

Actually she never tuned with Canon, because she would have been "cheating" on Ikki... because for some reason tuning is equal to professing one's true love...

>Professing one'a true love
Akito tuned for Agito, It wasn't perfect but steel

I do know what "reword" means... I think you are the faggot who doesn't have a clue about it

Sadly the internet is infested with those

I sure would.

Megane and pigtails, my man.

Tuning is tuning, It doesn't matter if it's perfect or imperfect.
The reasons why Oh! Great did not make a Team of Detuners, who detuned Teams thus making those Teams Class-A and dieable, is beyond me

Wow, an air gear thread. Totally forgot about this series.

Watched the anime because I'm a gigantic fan of jet set radio and hideki naganuma, never followed up with the manga because apparently it becomes total horseshit.

Did I make the right choice?

>This is my tuner
>Every reglia holder has tuned before
>100 chapters later, RINGO IS ACTUALLY SUPER SPECIAL DONUT STEEL RIDER WHO CAN SELF TUNE, WE DONT KNOW WHY SHE EVEN HAS A TUNER HONESTLY

Give it a try if you are interest.

This is the only good "sexy time power up" ever done?

>it becomes total horseshit.
yes, yes it does

>Did I make the right choice?
yes and no... it is still funny to read if you are not that picky about the stories... the side characters are still interesting, though

The whole thing becomes a ridiculously convoluted clusterfuck that I still don't really get even after reading five times. Still, the art is great, the side characters are nice and the whole thing is reasonably entertaining.

Really, it's worth reading even if just for Kazu's development.

You are chilling with your Waifu/Husbando but suddenly a Wild Nike appears and slaps your waifu/husbando's Ass.
What will you do?

>The whole thing becomes a ridiculously convoluted clusterfuck

That's pretty much Oh Great's trademark style. Look at Tenjou Tenge. Like Air Gear it started off interesting, but then turned into a clusterfuck of characters and events.

Cant fucking believe OG didn't give him the win.
>Lol that was just a robot, let me sneak attack you from behind

But at least He got a Loli. I think.
But yeah, Pig deserved the win

>if she was sooo bound by her duty, imagine fighting and being defeated by Ikki, thus finally earning the freedom she dreamed so much about, while still staying true to her duty.
It's not real character development if she's beaten into changing. She had to change by herself, which is what she did.

>It's not real character development if she's beaten into changing
So said anything about her changing due to being beaten? An interesting development for this "Antagonist Ringo" would have been her coming to the conclusion: "Despite loving you, my duty comes first, because it is what must be done", specially if that was a decision she came with it herself. Not everything in life is black and white, sometimes people must stick to their duty until the end, because, at the end of the day, it is precisely that, their duty.

Also if a character is beaten into changing, then must we consider 90% of all shounen antagonists development not real development? The important part is how they deal with the new life they got ahead of themselves, sometimes a beating is just what they need in order to start the process of changing.

Things is, the bad guy was Sora, and Ringo wasn't part of his faction. The chance she could be an actual antagonist was slim at best. This should have been obvious for anyone since very early on.

>then must we consider 90% of all shounen antagonists development not real development?
Probably. I personally think character development has to come from oneself. Just changing because someone forced their views on you doesn't mean anything.

Literally created for those who missed long-haired Simca (who got an ill-fitting haircut after the Behemoth arc)

Having more than one antagonic side is another interest plot twist, which Air Gear didn't knew how to handle, cause, as you said, everything fell into Sora and his faction at the end.

>Just changing because someone forced their views on you doesn't mean anything.
And you clearly didn't understand my statement. When it is well executed antagonists changing cause of a beating is not them being forced to change their views instantly.
The beating is a starting point from which they expand their owns views and reconsider their actions, they start questioning themselves. The change will come from themselves, at the end.
Of course, there are manga where these changes are not well done and are forced, but there are stories where a beating is the starting point for even more... not only for antagonist, but also protagonists.

lol de gustibus

You're basically asking for a totally different story, user.

That was the whole point of the "Ringo as an antagonist" discussion. Sorry, but it is your first time discussing "What if? Scenarios" or what?

Ringo's character arc made sense for the sort of story Air Gear wanted to be, so I don't see any benefit of making her an actual antagonist. Besides, with just one bad guy the story was kind of a mess. Image if there was more than one.

But they are nothing alike personality-wise.

Simca at least was a fun character.

That's not the point of the discussion.