What does Sup Forums think of Magic Knight Rayearth?

What does Sup Forums think of Magic Knight Rayearth?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/rtSo6_QUKOM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

7/10 it's bad

CLAMP/10

Love it. Nova best girl

3/10 it's good

I thought this was a Utena thread.

Had cute girls, magic, fucking giant robots, and wheen I watched it for the first time I was too young to understand the gay implications of the second season, so I remember it fondly.

Rayearth was the beginning of my ojousama fetish.

Didn't manga or something try turn this into Gayearth or something with Lantis/Eagle implications?

Original manga or anime adaptation?

I loved the ending of the first season. I was young when I first watched it, so I wasn't expecting that sudden final boss.

My nigga

I think it did, it was impossible to get rid of the gay. Some countries tried changing Eagle into a woman but it was still homo because of Eagle/Hikaru teases. Though Lantis wound up picking Hikaru in the end anyway.

formulaic a tad but still worth watching

SRW when.

The anime is padded out with fights and shoujo romance, it barely resembles the manga

>ojousama fetish

Which of the girls is ojousama?

I really like Rayearth. The second season felt more emotional and powerful to me, but that could be because I watched most of season 1 on the train in noisy environment, detracting from the enjoyment. I should probably rewatch it at some point.
The music is amazing, by the way. Both the opening themes, except the second which is really bad, and also all the background music.

thats a nice machi clone you have there OPie

The manga is rushed and lacks development. Though both are different with their pros and cons.

>Nova best girl
My mokona.

First season was godlike

I've yet to be able to finish the second season, I just can't find any energy, it's so bland. It really bothers me that when they were just fighting with their swords the action was always violent and creative, then the mecha battle was novelty for the final boss, but now that it's just mech fights it's all so clean and static, you'd think it would be the opposite.

>Nova best girl
Technically, you are not wrong.

S1 a best of the best. S2 is weaker but still quite awesome.
This is how an adventure anime should be made.
>LUCYYYY, ANAIIIIS Y MARIIINAAAAA, VENCERAAAAAAN!

I think they literally spent the entire animation budget on the third OP.

I think I became a pervert the moment I laid my eyes on her when I was 5. Couldn't stop thinking on how soft her thighs would feel.

She looks so badass I want to watch this now

Catchy dubbed OPs and EDs.

This was pretty much only anime I watched dubbed, since it aired here when I was a kid.

youtu.be/rtSo6_QUKOM

Thoughts on the OVA?

It was DIFFERENT

Hikaru was my loli gateway drug.

Used to be my favorite anime for a while and I still like it quite a bit. Too bad the BD rips are awful, most of them look very crappy and the only one that looks good is bloated as fuck, the first half alone is more than 100 GBs.