How do you guys feel about A-1 Pictures?

How do you guys feel about A-1 Pictures?

Garbage.

sadness

A literal factory of low quality anime.

I heard it is a group of contractors so there's no communication or cooperation

They produce a lot of stuff so it's hard to pin down the general level of quality.

Indifferent

They literally shovel garbage around but one out of every ten shows or so is good.

They're fucking all over the place. Some shit is excellent but there's a lot of utter trash.

Its shit like Toei.

This.

The company doesn't seem to have much of an identity and I don't consider anything they have done to be truly great. Their whole business model seems to be the "shotgun effect," fire out enough shit and something will hit, which isn't something I can respect (but then who cares about what I think).

A certain fellow on Sup Forums is obsessed with them.

I don't even have to watch their shows before dropping them

it's 99 percent shit, so not really

It's identity is adapt things that are already incredibly popular and successful but don't give a fuck and just rely on that pre-established popularity to carry the ratings or sales or whatever it is they're going for.

Most studios make use of freelancers but with A-1 there really doesn't seem to be any particular internal communication or directive overseeing their projects. You just kind of get what you get which is usually very inconsistent. If it weren't for their seemingly exclusive access to hot licenses they'd be slumming it with the likes of other shovelware studios except I'm pretty sure those shovelware studios would still have more internal communication between various staff on a given project.

>15 replies, 13 users

They can't all be Aniplex guy can they? It's almost like the general opinion here is that they just kind of suck or something but how could that possibly be? Hmmmm

>Asterisk
>Boku Dake
>Nanatsu no Taizai

Story aside, these looked good. Then you have shit like Qualidea Code and Denpa Kyoushi.

They gave me Birdy, but then no Birdy season 3. So I'm ambivalent.

What does the name stand for?

They're not a real studio, just what Aniplex calls the staff that they hire for their projects.

All the good shows they do require 2 cours for the show to be truly enjoyed but they just squeeze everything into 12/13 episodes unless you just dump money on them like shitcom.

???those all look like garbage

>Qualidea Code

Be honest, did you actually watch it? Because it's by far the best of this season's crop of post-apoc-magitek shows.

>NTR shit
>good

>crop of post-apoc-magitek shows
What other shows are there? HxH and Ange Vierge?

And Regailia, and a few that I didn't pick up (Tales, "Scared Rider Xechs"). This shit is more prevalent than isekai.

Oh if Regalia is included then Qualidea sure as hell isn't the best one.

A-1 Pictures' negative reception on Sup Forums is as overblown as the positive reception over KyoAni and Shaft, especially the latter. You can't put in a good word without being chimped on.

I think they're somewhat average, maybe on par with JC Staff or Madhouse and slightly lower than Silver Link.

Regalia was filled with too much unintentional comedy. I burst out laughing when I saw the fucking edgy mech and it's chains. The only thing it has going for it is lolis.

I'm only talking about the visuals. Saw a few QUALITY screenshots and gifs here and there.

It's a Sony

A-1 is like the biggest hodge-podge of inconsistency out there. So much outsourcing, flip floppy staffing, and being Aniplex's bitch studio. I don't have any opinion on them because of how little identity they have as an actual studio and the fact that they even don't have any prominent in-house staff worth mentioning.

Good when they're good.
Shit when they're shit.

Fair enough then.

>they even don't have any prominent in-house staff
I don't pay much attention, what studios have prominent in-house staff besides KyoAni and Trigger?

What?

It's probably cause they have a tendency to promise far more than they can deliver with any given project.

Ever notice how these anime studios go through a cycle of bad rap on Sup Forums?

I remember a time when people kept ragging on Staff. "JC Staff fucking sucks," they said. "Fucking STAFF does it again."
Then Madhouse caught flak for a shorter period of time, as shitposters tried to force the >Badhouse meme.
More recently it's Trigger and how they supposedly haven't produced a single good show.
I think A-1 came into the picture after one of their employees dying from overwork made the news.

I mean the easier examples that come out on the top of my head would be Dogakobo, Shinbo's hack protege in SL, Triggger obviously, Toei, Sunrise Studio 8, etc.

>Toei
I don't think they even deserve to be called animators

He meant your entire life is an NTR story, tripfag.

It's obvious now that they just want to pump out stuff and hope there is a hit.

What I don't get is why the companies still like using them when you can see that they aren't even trying anymore.

That's why I'm quite surprised that Cygames hired them for a Granblue anime. Cygames is fucking loaded as shit and they are gonna use A-1 for that? There must be a person in A-1 who so influential or something.

Garbage Trash Shit Anime Champions.

Active Raid probably has post-apocalyptic setting with some kind dystopian society in it.

I imagine it works similar to how contracting companies bid for projects. Quality is often not the top priority. A company may win a project by offering the lowest bid or the fastest completion time, which are more quantifiable offers than "quality." It's possible A1 is able to offer a cheaper, faster production than everyone else, which would explain why they get so many projects.

I like them.

Sora no Woto is their only good show. Maybe Working too but I haven't finished it, the rest are all shit.

>Because it's by far the best of this season's crop of post-apoc-magitek shows.
That's hardly an accomplishment.

Now I really want to know more of those in the crop

Most of their anime are for normalfags that's why they get popular but yeah they have made Shinsekai yori and it was kinda good but its nothing like their style

From the New World was top tier

Erased was complete garbage.

It's okay studio. I like their melodrama series & movies. They're really good at that. Also, I'm really glad they finished Working.

The make a shit ton of anime and they vary a lot from great to shit so it's hard to form an overall opinion like with studios that make less shows like Shaft or Kyoani.

WHERE'S MY TETSUWAN BIRDY S3

Their logo is pretty neat