Why is Tomino's work too difficult for the average anime fan?

Why is Tomino's work too difficult for the average anime fan?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/nwRlvn1v8Ns
youtube.com/watch?v=Cos_Kss60d8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes. Retards can't handle incomplete sentences for dialogue.

>trinity
>four
Found the retard.

>trinity
>picture four different shows

Obvious bait but you still made me respond.

I first misread that as "retard fillers" and was about to post in agreement.

It's obviously because ZZ is not anime. You just don't understand Tomino's deep thoughts. Who is a retard now?

Gundam ZZ is objectively the best Gundam anime.

Zeta was fucking horrible

ZZ was nice when it was genki

>ZZ
>bad

>>>/reddit/

learn2read my good man

>F91 was supposed to be a full series
>then it was changed into a few OVAs
>then they changed it into a movie
Fuck everything.

Tomino only makes anime for intelligent people like me.

I remember reading that ZZ was not the originally planned sequel of Z.

Someone said G-Reco was supposed to have more episodes but got cut down, can't find source for that one.

Also /m/ talks about a G-Reco movie coming up, but I can't find source for that either.

The only real retard filter I know is Utena

I used to hate Tomino's style, but at some point I realized he just works on a higher level than the rest of the industry.

Yeah, anyone who likes Utena is a retard.
>muh imagery
>muh reused scenes

Utena attracts retards like nothing else these days though. They don't really understand it, but they still swarm to it and praise it.

I just finished watching Thunderbolt.
Are any of the longer series worth watching? I think I watched Zeta for about 20 episodes, but the only thing I liked was the opening. Politics were dumb, characters didn't feel particularly interesting and the fight choreography didn't strike me as good.

What's there to understand?
>muh youth
>muh obsessions
>muh maturity
>muh Utena is actually under a misconception at the beginning because she believed that in order to save Himemiya, she had to be a "prince", by the end Utena comes to terms with the fact that she cannot be a prince, but Himemiya herself comes to realize she does not need to be saved since she can do that herself and leaves her brother to find Utena.

Turn A
G Gundam

What did she mean by this?

If you liked Thunderbolt, I would highly suggest that you kill yourself.
You might like Unicorn.

I recommended it to a friend and she said she didn't understand and dropped it in favor of Star Driver

She's... not the brightest. She got baited into talking about Race at work and ended up fired because she said things totally wrong.

That Bellri was being an amateur by assuming that battle in space is the same as battle under atmosphere.

From what I remember, G-reco's story is for 52 episodes, but Tomino said he was too old to do that. And budget and stuff...

UNIVERSE!

Wait, G-Reco had a story?

>G-reco's story is for 52 episodes
It really shows. Not nearly enough exposition and everything was rushed to hell.

Animation could be amazing at times though.

A friend got very mad that G Reco didn't fully explain everything in the first 3 episodes.

Like, super fucking butthurt that they couldn't understand what was going on.

People are merely pretending when they say greco was hard to follow, right?

What's wrong with liking it?
It had nice soundtrack, random mooks had just enough lines to make their deaths feel something, animation was decent and it did a good job at pointing out both sides are about as flawed.

Man, such a missed opportunity.
We could have gotten more odd scenes like the Megafauna crew buying live chicken for food supply, Capital civilians throwing bottles at the Army, the weird calmness of Aida reunited with her father right in the middle of an active battlefield.

Man, Tomino is so good at making non-battle scenes fun.

No, they could not mentally connect the dots given to them.

G Reco doesn't spend half an episode with two people talking to each other while the camera focuses on random shit in the room. And because of that people get upset that they can't understand it.

Just go watch MS IGLOO and leave the main series alone.

I can't blame them for not paying enough attention. It's boring.

Instead we get people talking about plot points in the foreground while Steer does squats and some random crew member is fixing up his space suit in the back.

>F91

That could be such good series

ANIME JANAI
youtu.be/nwRlvn1v8Ns

Almost all of it felt kinda pointless and random

Fucking shame since show looked great

Fuck G Reco where is my Hecate HG

Tomino has commented that people are unable to follow the story because of the density of action on-screen.

So rather than "shame since the show looked great" it should be "shame the show looked great that it detracted attention from the exposition"

If people are consistently unable to follow his stories it sounds like he is bad at pacing.

But F91 was legitimately fucked up and bad do to corporate meddling and shit, its a shame because it has some of the best designs in the entirety of Gundam and I'm not happy about it or anything but its the truth.

It's blatant that OP wants to start shit.

Brain Powerd needed a bigger budget.
Tomino needs to add nudity again. It was sorely missing in G-Reco and King Gainer. Even the 90s anime didn't have enough of it.

It is, G-Reco's pacing is very fast, but the density of everything is what makes it so confusing, there's always something going on on-screen, someone is always making a noise or doing something, so many characters have plans of their own that it there are so many clashes.

I've talked to people who have finished the series and have no idea what the reconguista plan is even though the show keeps mentioning it.

Any information relevant to the current events are explained within the episode, what makes it hard to catch is everything that happens in the episode.

In episode 13 Klim makes the first mention of the reconguista plan while the grown-ups discuss the reasons for Ameria and Capital building a fleet and Dorette bringing a fleet to Sankt Porto, Raraiya becoming more coherent, Manny reunited with Bellri and Noredo, Klim's ridiculous plan of taking out the Dorette fleet's flagship.
But all that happens so quickly in the span of one episode, that people only remember Rockpie and Klim fighting.

Not to derail a tomino thread, but if you can accurately answer whether Utena became a prince by the end or not, then you "get it".

How the hell did Tomino manage to become some kind of meme director like 30 years past his heyday?

This thread gonna be dumb and probably very angry

Because people will eat up anything he makes and defend his poor directing as seen in this thread.

>ZZ is good

I hate that meme so much...

Most anime made in the early 90s or before that is typically off putting to many modern anime viewers.
Also the creators of anime now are completely different from those back then.

Most people in the current industry only watched other anime growing up, but in the past creators had interests other than anime because otaku culture wasn't as big a thing back then,
This is part of the reason why many anime now seem so similar and use the same tropes,because their creators only invest themselves in anime and don't look anywhere else.

This is the biggest cause of why things like OVAs and experimentation in the anime medium died or at least are very uncommon now.

The other problem is that a lot of anime doesn't try to experiment with story telling anymore,
a lot of shows now tend to just explain everything to you through dense conversation or a character's monologue to themselves for minutes on end.

This problem is extremely prevalent in LN adaptions where the studio is adapting the LN and have no idea how to get information across other than just taking words out and animating them.
Typically this doesn't work and that's why in LN adaptions we usually get long scenes of characters just explaining things about the setting that would be better off working as a "show don't tell" element.

I haven't seen much of ZZ, but coming off of the ending arc of Zeta the whiplash into fun and genki is way too awkward to not acknowledge.
If there had been a timeskip it would've worked better

Why was Aida so hot?

Because Yoshida.

I have to admit, I have a huge appreciation for older directors after watching G-Reco.

Every character in this show looks, sounds and acts distinctively.
Even in this scene they run differently from one another.

Compared to most modern anime that has a bad case of sameface and all the girls act and sounds the same.

I like to think that he tried adding naked people into G-Reco.

Yeah if anything G-reco excelled at background details,
it made the world feel much more alive since even the background characters were treated as minor characters by giving them small quirks.

I especially love how in every scene aboard the ships or in a town something was always moving in the background,
Reco is never static and that's another small detail that makes me appreciate it compared to other anime where you'd just have a still of characters in the background.
because even if some of it's other aspects didn't work it still had personality and something to keep me watching.

Happa-san the best.

>Klim's ridiculous plan of taking out the Dorette fleet's flagship
I do remember that.
Damn, G-reco was fun.
Anybody have that gif of Klim and Mick in the background after his fight with Rockpie?

Absolutely Kino

gif

I loved these two. One of my favorite Tomino's couples.

Can we talk about Garzey's Wing?
Who thought it was a good idea? Who greenlit that?

I hope you're not implying IGLOO is bad.

I'm not.
I'm saying it's terrible.

Fuck you, I liked it.

So wait is pretending G Reco and all the other bad Tomino series a new /m/ meme?

She got triggered by Daryl's tomb in FFVI.

>uchuu
>not shikakui
youtube.com/watch?v=Cos_Kss60d8

Her body was pretty much the only good thing about her.

She dislikes Bizzaro

Fucking bitch