Kabaneri

I don't know how to feel about this show. I agree with virtually every criticism of it, but I still found it enjoyable in a lukewarm way. Could have been much better obviously, but still.
What do you think?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pCBsQwwMHQ0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>tfw Kabaneri was my AotS
>tfw I rated it 6/10

go back to mal faggot

even though you are right

the quality sunk after a few episodes, as always for action series

all the stations they went through got wrecked

also, who is doing the maintenance on the tracks outside the stations?

If the zombies were just straight up lunging at the train, wouldn't it be a very good idea to cover it with spikes?

Also Digi is right again: youtube.com/watch?v=pCBsQwwMHQ0

I think what you've described is a perfect definition of shit taste - it's shit but you still like it.

I don't understand the complains about the plot.
The only problem of the serie is the last of action in the second part, not Biba.

>Also Digi is right again:
Fuck off posting this. He isn't right, it isn't dumb, it's just average at best before shitting itself for the second half .

> Zombies impale on spikes
> They won't fall off
> They won't die
> Now you have a train covered in angry zombies
Sausage, user.

It was a mixed bag. Good things with shit things. That's what you're trying to say and I feel the same way.

It was like one of those enjoyable enough B-movies that you know are dumb and probably won't be that remembered down the line, but for the moment it's not bad.

I was entertained. The animation, action, and ost was all the show had going for it but it was satisfactory.

I like it, I don't love it.

I don't think it's shit in the absolute sense - if it was made in the old age when the only anime available was the few things localizers deigned to bring out of Japan, it would be pretty awesome. Now there are really better things to watch, especially if you don't pay for it and you include older stuff, but it's still better than watching nothing (and not everything is).

I have no strong opinions other than "I didn't like it" but if this gets a second season, I'll be right pissed because this really doesn't deserve it

Angry immobile zombies. Some of them would get ripped completely apart, too.

I mean, it would be even more terrifying to be on that train, yes. But I can't see how it would not be effective.

It's not like the trains had some kind of super stylized appealing designs that would get ruined, either.

Angry immobile zombies until they start to try and pull themselves off the spikes. This means you will have to stop for longer before getting into a station to remove the stuck zombies so they don't get free inside the safe zones.

It's not like they otherwise just bounce off the train. They either splatter against it or hold on, so you have to remove them manually either way.

Yes but if they are just holding on they have a chance of falling of themselves or you just have to shoot them them off. I f they are stuck you then have to remove human sized objects off of spikes which would be time consuming and difficult job without them trying to bite you. The best way I can think of is to make the trains smoother and more rounded, it would give them less things to grab and a higher chance of just slipping off.

I neither like zombies nor steampunk.

SHI

So, you're a faggot then?

KISAMA

I just watched the entire series this week (season 1).

I was able to predict almost every single "twist" in the show. The second to last episode had a few surprises, but goddamn was this show predictable.

I liked the characters for the most part, but it was just so tired and cliche. Steampunk, too-good protagonist, antagonist with questionable motives...Just trite.

>Steam cross bow
>Steam knife
>Steam motercycles

Someone should have told these faggots that not everything has to be steam

>season 1
You wot m8?

He's right that the show was dumb from the start, but there is a difference between popcorn cinema dumb and pants on head retarded.

I thought the same ,why dont they use gunpowder for their rifles ?

Just put grills along the side of the train that you can stick a gun through to shoot the immobilised Kabane in the heart.

We been through this, Gun powder was not invented yet and so they had to use steam.

Not him but I cannot STAND steampunk, it's so obnoxious most of the time. Zombies are fine except for the overexposure in recent years.

What is in these suicide bags ?

>Gun powder was not invented yet
They had fireworks in the tanabata episode.

A lot of the criticism here is misguided and influenced by Sup Forums's collective inability to understand the motivations behind Biba's actions and that Mumei was written like an actual child and thats why shes so dumb.

Why don't they build bigger trains?

It was by fact, technically, the AotS.

>Muh autism
>Muh ani-sama
Mumei ruined the show. By reducing her naivety and screentime the show would be 5 times better.

>Muh mei

fun watch mediocre anime

There's nothing bad in itself about having her, but she tends to steal the show most of the time, yet gets reduced to a damsel for the finale. Also, her chimera form did fucking nothing.

He is threatening you with a second season.

I'm pretty fucking triggered that he made this video when he didn't even understand the very basic nuance of biba's reason for giving ikoma the white blood. That little blurb is puts up on screen is straight up categorically incorrect. If you're reading Digi, you fucked up hard dude. Embarrassing.

Funny you said that because without her drama Ikoma wouldn't have to wipe her ass every single time, although cut "Muh Memei" out entirely improve the whole series the most.

Can't agree more.
Pretty sure the producer want to make Biba look as shitty as possible, which is why we don't get him team up with Ikoma to wake Mumei up.

>reducing her naivety
Her naivety was like 50% of the point of her character. That duality between being an ultra confident, badass fightrt and an insecure literally 12 who just wanted to be loved and accepted was the whole reason she was even interesting.

It's called rule of cool. I remember when Sup Forums actually knew about tropes once upon a time.

Absolutely. Biba's actioned were actually a lot more nuanced than people seem to think, which is ironic because they're calling him a badly written, 1-dimensional character when they lack they basic narrative sense to see literally one layer deeper. Same with Mumei. The whole point of her character was that she was very flawed under that crazy bravado. I don't understand how people couldn't pick up on the whole "I think I'm super great and right all the time, but actually I'm just a kid" thing and instead just think she's straight up stupid. It's the ultimate fucking irony that the general consensus on the show was that it was stupid, when in reality most of the criticisms that support that out you as a complete fucking retard.

While I agree that her naivety being her main focus of development, I noticed that such point has been way too exaggerated throughout the show. There are other characters that required development either, such as Kurusu and Ayame, and you don't see those driving the encounters that many times.
Now that I think about it, I could understand the whole Biba hate now. It was his appearance that literally turn Mumei back to square one and causing the similar drama to be happened again since the black smoke.

So what was it? It seemed to me like he decided Ikoma was stronger and that he should survive with Mumei. Or it was just a sorry for being a dick to mumei.

When did he even give Ikoma the white blood? Did that happen offscreen or does his pistol shoot tranquilizer darts?

When he shot him was the only time he could've done it.

Well, the main thing that triggers me is the notion that Biba shot Ikoma with it to weaken him, which just can't be right. Ikoma was already fucked and completely incapacitated from the black blood, so Biba had already won the fight because all he had to do was let the blood run its course and kill him/turn him into a normal Kabane (whichever of those two thing its was going to be. I'm not exactly sure what happens after a Kabaneri "burns through his life force" like the scientist said). Biba gave Ikoma the white blood to revive him so he could continue fighting him, because Biba had just admitted that he himself was a coward, and he saw in the end that Ikoma was a fearless and selfless person, which was basically everything Biba wanted humanity to become. When he beat Ikoma he couldn't accept it because it would mean that he, a self proclaimed coward, had defeated Ikoma, a fearless man, which would derail his entire life's philosophy that the strong and fearless will always defeat the fearful. Basically Biba giving him the white blood was a desperate attempt to get him up and fighting again to prove that Ikoma would win, which would validate his worldviews. Him saying "I'm still standing Ikoma, get up" (or whatever it was exactly) was basically him saying "how have I won when I'm a coward and you're not?" It just didn't compute with everything he believed which is probably why he was looking so jarred and desperate.

>What do you think?
Could have been great, and then it wasn't.

Every character's been driven into the ground. pretty baffling to be honest.

Sup Forumsnons often complain about how much of a fags average MC nowaday. Now we got Ikoma who save us from the torture of seeing him in his edgeteen time right after his sister dies, and we saw him as actually competent guy who get things done. Do we satisfied? Not everyone. There are people who complained that they didn't see much "characterization", by which they actually mean took shits personally and got in the verge of mental breakdown everytime people got buttmad "for no reason" toward him. There are actual faggots who want to self insert as faggot MC who screams hurr muh pain everytime something wrong happened.
Everytime his faggotry shows afterward, those are because there are things called Mumei and Biba that ruin second half of the show.

That makes sense. I thought it was weird that the guy that decided to destroy two cities in an effort to make humans fend for themselves would help this guy who, was weak by his logic since he lost the fight. But now that I think about it it makes a little more sense. That shit Digi put in his video was retarded though. I feel like he didn't understand it much himself and that's why he glossed over it for a couple of seconds and added that part.

>because Biba had just admitted that he himself was a coward, and he saw in the end that Ikoma was a fearless and selfless person, which was basically everything Biba wanted humanity to become.
You said the reason.
On top of that, pretty sure he just want to find a way to commit suicide, given that he has archived his revenge and upon completing his main goal he basically has nothing to after.

No one shit on MC, if anything I am still salty that we don't get enough of him kicking ass with tech and shit while making speeches. I blame the side characters, and even more on the poor writing and wasted potential.

>You said the reason.
What do you mean?
>On top of that, pretty sure he just want to find a way to commit suicide, given that he has archived his revenge and upon completing his main goal he basically has nothing to after.
That could definitely be part of it. He essentially failed to live up to his own definition of the type of person who deserves to live when he called himself a coward, so it makes a lot of sense that he figured he should die.

>No one shit on MC
You missed quite a number of thread back then.

biba single-handedly ruined it

It was an excellent execution of the pulpiest motherfucking story you have ever seen.

Reddit and MAL hate pulp.

Do you know what that means?

>mfw attack on titan is rated higher than kabaneri on MAL because everyone that rated it assumed it was going to be an AoT clone because of all the shitposting

I feel the same way. I really hope it gets a season two though, it deserves it.

Gotta still obsess over this seasonal trainwreck eh Sup Forums

I was really hesitant to keep watching it because of all the flak it was getting in various threads, but it didn't turn out that bad. There's a lot of stuff I didn't like but overall I was able to enjoy some of the good parts.

Is there a problem with discussing a show here? Or should we just shitpost about it even more and stick to base insults and tired memes?

I thought the last episode was retarded and nonsensical but I enjoyed it a lot because of how over the top parts of it were.

First two episodes were hype as fuck, I knew it could only go down from there, and so it did. Fantastic start, the rest of it was meh.