Daily Japanese Thread DJT #1603

Cornucopia of Resources / Guide
Read the guide before asking questions.
docs.google.com/document/d/1pKgBm8Aa58mjB1hYhbK-VOPZsRBTXBuPBzw8Xikm2ss/pub?embedded=true

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Hhj2SQZLu8w
google.com/search?safe=off&site=&source=hp&q=How to join ISIS islamic state and bomb the nigger in the White House
youtube.com/watch?v=LGNuJt1K45A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I spy a sneaky ぞい

youtube.com/watch?v=Hhj2SQZLu8w

I bet that's Imouto-san

Hola, ¿seria este la clase correcta?

kill yourself spic

no poder

Oh dear, I triggered Sup Forums.

oh dear, i triggered a spic

run along and go choke to death on some tacos you greasy cunt

Have you ever known a Nipponjin to ever be offended by the words Jap and Nip?

いじめ禁止!

I'd imagine Nips don't even know what racism is, unless they're filthy haafus living in America

できなかった・・でも今度できる

おやー乱暴な虫みたいなぁ

The word 人種偏見 exists.

>tfw no stamina
>tfw take a break almost every ln page
i waste so much time

I know this feel

Some days I can just fly through pages without even noticing, but today I just feel so restless

"no"

As a spic, I can confirm he's not one.

You build stamina like you build vocab. With practice. Work out, do some cardio or other high intensity exercise.

I am but my Spanish is really basic.

>Want to read more
>Don't want my vocab backlist to get any bigger

Do you want to read more?

読めないか

>want to play idolmaster all day
>have to read "hard" stuff instead because I'm out of new cards and idolmaster vocab is baby shit
複雑な気分

Is idolmaster really that fun? I find these idol games get boring after a while when you realise you're just doing the same thing over and over again.

Every game is just that, you're doing the same shit until you get tired or really good at it.
How fun a rhythm game is to you depends on how much you like the music, and I like Im@s stuff a lot.

>Every game is just that
no

Example of one that isn't?

every adventure game
but tons of other games too
strategy games, action games
you're not really doing the same thing over and over again, unless you boil it down to a very abstract level where "constructing buildings" or "killing enemies" is what you're doing

Well saying that idolmaster is the same thing over and over is pretty boiled down as it is, not that much of a leap to use that same logic for any game

>Every game is just that, you're doing the same shit until you get tired or really good at it.
a true shit eaters mentality, its ok user go enjoy your terrible moeshit games

Alright user. Go ahead and go back to your superior games of patrician taste.

I don't know idolmaster, I was just talking about games in general

In one book i see a "simplified causative form". I dont have it with me right now but one example is 食べさせる -> 食べさす

I figured its just a contraction, but i read somewhere it implies a more forceful "make ~ do ~"
For example with 食べさせる perhaps telling someone to eat and 食べさす being for something directly feeding them.

I've only seen this in one book. Anyone familiar with this? Does the info i gathered sound right?

This is why you shouldn't read a text books for learning language

Yeah youre right, reading weeb ass manga is the only way to learn japanese

Fucking idiot.

>text books withoout 'a'*

Welp here is a geinus who read text books when he born before he can understand his mother's language

Watch more anime and it will all become clear

このドクターペッパーはくそや塩のような味を持ってる・・返済したいよぉ

そのほうがいいけど

what is this?

google.com/search?safe=off&site=&source=hp&q=How to join ISIS islamic state and bomb the nigger in the White House

あの眼鏡が私の愛液をかけるぞい

>people who literally don't even understand grammar arguing about learning methods to cover up their incompetence on both sides

アイ・エイント・クリッキング・ダット・シット・ニッガ

Something about joining ISIS, triggering a bomb in the white house, and other shenanigans. At this point it's moot considering how the NSA is watching so many people they can't keep track.

なんてね~

「grammar」って何

いいウイルス・・

Guys what's this kanji

it's a varriant of 手

w

前にそれを見たかも・・

What kanji is this?

ちんちん!

風 obviously

あそうねぇありがとう

何言ってるよ
ぜんぜん違うだろう

They often use ジャップ ironically when imitating how various foreigners laugh at them, so I imagine it's at least sensitive.

Reminder why this board is shit and none of you will ever learn japanese, make friends, get a girlfriend, or get a decent job.

Is that supposed to concern anyone? Fucking normalfags, I swear.

Reminder to do your reps everyday even if you don't want or feel like doing it.

youtube.com/watch?v=LGNuJt1K45A

>can't keep up
Nigger Soviet Russia was doing this in the 40s. The NSA has a much easier time watching people.

>get good at japanese
>just means it takes 100+ hours for any noticable improvement
>still not fluent

Do we still like Namasensei? I'm watching his twitch. It feels like he drinks less these days.

Also I went to a used japanese bookstore today and bought a kid's book, it's all in hiragana and the title is しらゆきひめ。 I'm guessing it's snow white and the seven dwarves considering the seven dwarves on the cover.

>Do we still like Namasensei
of course, as an ausfag i was always curious to the response that the average american would have when exposed to their nuked creations

apparently its to drink themselves into oblivion like any good abusive father

遅すぎね..みんなもう諦めたかも

私は日本語を許さない。
私は日本語を破壊する!

Never liked him.
しら=白
ゆき=雪
ひめ=姫

I haven't been here in a while, but are there fewer people here now than there normally used to be? Seems like it to me, which is especially surprising since it's summer.

Anything in particular you do to improve your listening abilities, DJT?

I'm running into a problem with radio shows, talk tracks, etc. where the speakers often talk so fast that it's difficult for me to actually keep up with what they're saying and I often have to rewind and replay multiple times.

Listen to shit. Lots of shit. The best shit.

Start with something that goes at a slower speed, like VNs or anime.
Pretty obvious.

Accidentally reuploaded my Core2k/6k deck to Anki by accident and just 200 cards worth of progress. Go through first twenty and its exactly the same as the first day's set so I think to myself "Why not set it to 200 cards and quickly mark them all at like 5 days?". Nothing else has been the same cards since I changed the daily amount to 200. Fucking kill me. blogpost.

日本語が僕にもう破壊された

みんな投稿したくないだけ

(︶︹︺)

Does everything boil down to just getting your hands dirty and reading as much as possible? I've gone over vocab and grammar and yet I still have trouble reading. I sort of "get" what's being said but I can't really put it into words. I don't know if it's because I'm focusing too much on translating when I should just be trying to understand what I'm reading, or if I'm just retarded.

Same

Well fuck, why on Earth would reading help you read better? Sounds like bullshit to me.

何で京都へ行きますか?

電車で行きます。

I don't get nande.

Here it's used as what did you use but sometimes it's used for "why" as well

Well there's a right way to do things and a wrong way to do things. You can't just throw a kid in a pool and tell him to swim if he want to swim.

No, you better pay money to jalup and ajatt to get their magical anki decks, buy 10 different JLPT preparation books and grind them until you're fluent.

It's a mix of everything really, study more grammar, grind more vocab, read more, listen more, it's a matter of time before your brain adjusts itself to the speed, the difficulty and the nuances.

But aren't summerfags more interested in shitposting in the other Sup Forums threads? Also most summerfags stop coming pretty quickly and give up.

The DJT "regulars" are probably reading, jacking off, studying, lurking or dead. Even imouto must get bored of coming here daily.

It's なに in this case. Go read Tae Kim's entry about で

Why does なまえ use hiragana instead of katakana, is it just a coincidence it's pronounced like that?

It's just a coincidence.

You're fucking retarded.

Ora manko ga daisuki nanda

オラまんこが大好きなんだ

愚かな質問けど「ペラペラ」って意味は何??
意見をちょうだい

俺様は日本
這いつくばるがいい

wonder if an IDE for jap would be useful or just annoying

If the book is dobjg then sure, it's right.

2chは、なに板が一番おもしろいの?

私は読むことで日本語を勉強するつもりだけどゲームとか漫画とかはもう十分つかった、今もう疲れる。

このメッセージで間違いが有りえるなら答えて言ってください!

よろしく。 

If you can mostly understand what is happening, I think that is enough. After reading 3 VNs and now 1/3 through my first LN there are lots of times where I don't understand what is going on at all and plenty of times where I misunderstand things. Unless is it seems really important, I just keep going and don't worry about it. If it does seem important I'll look up the translation or ask here.

I'm not saying this is the best way to do it because I would probably benefit from analyzing the sentences more or looking up grammar more often, but I think it is better than overanalyzing everything.

Just keep reading, and you will probably get better. I'm probably getting better, but I can't say for sure.

I just noticed that I should've used ある instead of 有りえる. Fuck me.

>2ch
Even thinking about walls of text and no pretty images is just exhausting.