EU's forcing Finland to start chopping down more trees

EU's forcing Finland to start chopping down more trees.

Goodbye, clean air.

Other urls found in this thread:

neweurope.eu/article/finnish-logging-lobby-celebrates-victory-european-parliament/
yle.fi/uutiset/osasto/news/finnish_forest_lobby_gets_big_win_in_strasbourg/9830971
climatechangenews.com/2017/07/10/finlands-plan-increase-logging-danger-climate/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

They grow back and you can maintain the area and make it grow how you want. Do it.

this
also its useless to cry about the EU since our sheepling population wont do anything about it.

Dude we developed methodes exactly for such situations.

Tell them to fuck off and mind their own bussiness.
It works

>EU tells pooland to stop chopping down trees
>but at the same time tells finland to chop down trees

Weird, can I see the article?

are they going to chop down birch like pic related?
it's a good thing if so because tall old birch can be very dangerous and prone to falling. I almost lost my life to one

neweurope.eu/article/finnish-logging-lobby-celebrates-victory-european-parliament/

yle.fi/uutiset/osasto/news/finnish_forest_lobby_gets_big_win_in_strasbourg/9830971

Only thing I can find is this.

The EU is not "forcing" anyone, your own country wanted this and OP is a false-flag Russian shill.

They're ancient forests that have been there for thousands of years. It isn't as simple as you think.

Why is the EU forcing everyone to do shit against their will?

fucking cucked euro cucks

you are fake news
we have cut most of them down and the remaining "ancient forests" are under severe protection

I thought that's what the EU was for, to over-ride sovereignty and destroy the nations in it.

>wahh, i wish we hadn't cleared all our forrests
>finland clear your forrests, too, so we both have no forrest.

Around here, they find (((mold))) and (((bugs))), so the tree's HAVE to go goyim.

Destroying EU ancient forest areas. Oh wow RIP natur. Should we plant bombs on the trees to stop it?

stupid negroid the ancient forests have allready been cut down

They're not see Again, EU is not forcing anyone, Finnish lobbied to be able to cut down more forests. See

There better be enough left for the vihta supply.

Okay chink calm your nuclear reactor I do not wanna get stabbed by a drunk Fin.

>waah EU is forcing us to make more money
Whats next? Ireland complaining about EU forcing them to collect taxes?

Yeah, they've been doing that shit here for ages as well.
>EU directive telling UK that a certain percentage of land has to be of one type of habitat or another.
>Government force local councils to adhere to this.
>Literally none of the locals want the change. Protests and petitions are met with the reply of 'EU told us to do it.'
>Ancient woodland gets felled, leaving massive areas looking like wasteland.
>"Don't worry guys, we'll look after it."
>10 years later and never been touched. Foreign species of trees are growing where once stood ancient deciduous native forest.
>tfw apt analogy for EU.

Glad we're getting out of that shit though.

EU is not forcing them to make money. Originally the directive was meant to absorb carbon aka clean air like OP complained about.

>Finnish parliamentary lobbying to amend a climate change directive and allow more logging was successful on Wednesday in Strasbourg, the public broadcaster yle reports.
>The Land Use Change and forestry regulation directive initially envisaged a cap to the use of forestry to the levels reached from 1990 to 2009. The objective was to create a long term repository for carbon, so as to neutralize emissions.
>Finland in recent years is breaking every record in logging and plans to increase production by 23% by 2030.
>Last year (2015-2016) Finland logged 58.5 million cubic metres of roundwood removed from its forests for commercial use, that is, 12% than the past decade average. 60 million cubic metres is equivalent to 100 million trees or 1,500 square kilometres of land area.
>In a public statement published in March 2017, 68 Finnish environmental scientists warned their government that its policy decreases the ability of forests to cool the climate and increases emissions. However, caught in a negative spiral of unemployment and recession, Finland is banking on this traditional sector to boost its economy.

So it's pretty hilarious how you have people ITT fooled by OP and claiming stuff about national sovereignty, when this literally proves that nations still have sovereignty.

Nah in this situation the EU is more like "Hey guys, stop cutting down trees it's bad for the environment and shit"
but then Finland goes "Nah I kinda wanna fuck my own shit up, let me cut down all my trees"

In this situation maybe, but the EU does interfere with this kind of shit, contrary to your claim.

5% of them are natural forests.

What claim? I don't see how your made up anecdote with no proof has anything to do with my claim that OP is fake news.

May Mielikki strike down those her harm her lands.

The Finnish government then?
climatechangenews.com/2017/07/10/finlands-plan-increase-logging-danger-climate/

As long as Mielikki doesn't harm Lennu.

Why?

EU cannot let people have nice things.

You want to believe that the EU doesn't meddle in national sovereignty when they do.

The fact that you think it's a made up anecdote tells me all i need to know about you. Netherlands literally has the worst deal from the EU and you still support it.

>complaining about the EU

what are you, racist?