White Fox anime-original

Holy crap, White Fox is finally doing an anime-original series

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-07-15/white-fox-reveals-original-tv-anime-series-matoi-the-sacred-slayer/.104340

It is 2016. Matoi Sumeragi, a second-year junior high school student, works part-time as a shrine maiden at Tenman Shrine in the city of Kamaya. Ever since being separated from her mother in early childhood, Matoi has been entrusted to her grandparents on her father's side, but three months ago, she finally began to live with her father Shingo. In those circumstances, she only wishes for a peaceful, normal life.

Her close friend and part-time workmate Yuma Kusanagi is part of the family of the shrine's chief priest, and is a candidate to be the successor shrine maiden. For generations, her family has performed exorcisms of evil spirits. She invites Matoi to one of these exorcism ceremonies, a so-called "Divine Possession" that she will attempt.

One day, Matoi and Yuma walk from the school to the shrine as usual, but when they arrive, they are greeted by the shrine's now damaged grounds, and Yuma's parents have both collapsed from their wounds. Matoi's father Shingo, a police detective, launches an investigation, and he comes upon a man who does not seem entirely sane: his only witness. When he holds down the man, Yuma begins the ritual of Divine Possession.

Something strange then happens, not with Yuma, but with Matoi. Matoi Sumeragi, who had only wanted a normal, peaceful life, takes the role of a god, and gains the power to banish evil spirits! To get her precious everyday life back, Matoi must conduct exorcisms!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5Pop1YCKwng
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What's White Fox?

bootleg touhou

>some crappy sol unfunny comedy with all girl cast with no plot or substance to make a quick buk on otaku
Great

Picked up.

What are the chances of it having a le dark magical girl TWEEEEEST?

Probably the next Gen'ei

>dark magical girl twist
How the fuck is that a twist when a metric fuckton of mahou shoujo shows have dark magical girls?

>It is 2016
Dropped.

youtube.com/watch?v=5Pop1YCKwng

>pure vanilla mahou shoujo has become the twist
What a world we live in.

>no male chara

Could be good

Nice design. OK director. Mahou shoujo. Picked up.

She's going to crave her papa's dick. You heard it here first.

Sounds pretty generic, Kind of disappointing from White Fox since they're pretty decent.

I'll still watch it though.

Sounds lame.

Who're the VAs?

>Generic premise
Sometimes it's necessary to go back to the roots.

>Masayuki Sakoi (Celestial Method, Princess Resurrection) is directing the anime at WHITE FOX, and Yousuke Kuroda (My Hero Academia, Mobile Suit Gundam 00, Big Windup!) is overseeing and writing the scripts. Mai Toda (animation director for Baby Steps, One-Punch Man) is the character designer and chief animation director, and Seiichi Shirato (Jormungand, Drifters, Joker Game) is in charge of setting research. Tatsuya Katou (Love Live! Sunshine!!, Celestial Method) is composing the music.

Scriptwriter and setting research seem like they know what they are doing.

>Pink haired protagonist.
>Bluer/darker dyke .
>Older blonde character.
Can't stop cashing on what is popular, I guess.

poorman Yuuki Yuuna.

Sometimes but it just shows Japan still has no creative mind.

Ayaka Suwa as Matoi Sumeragi.
Naomi Ōzora as Yuma Kusanagi.
Haruka Tomatsu as Claris Tonitolus.

Masayuki Sakoi (Celestial Method, Princess Resurrection) is directing the anime at WHITE FOX, and Yousuke Kuroda (My Hero Academia, Mobile Suit Gundam 00, Big Windup!) is overseeing and writing the scripts. Mai Toda (animation director for Baby Steps, One-Punch Man) is the character designer and chief animation director, and Seiichi Shirato (Jormungand, Drifters, Joker Game) is in charge of setting research. Tatsuya Katou (Love Live! Sunshine!!, Celestial Method) is composing the music.

Katou doing OST, AOTY confirmed.

Hopefully it'll look better than Re:Zero

>Yuuki Yuuna with a European Knight
Sounds like Yuki Yuna done right to me.

For some reason, "Yuuki Yuuna, only worse" sounds very appealing to me.

Fuu is practically european besides her name

>Naomi Ōzora
Who?

Naomi Ōzora is a Japanese voice actress from Osaka Prefecture. She is affiliated with Aoni Production.
Wikipedia

That implies YYY was good.

WF saving anime one step at a time.

Years ago we had a plot like this and we know how it all ended. I'll always pick those up.

Oh boy I can't wait for yet another bland mahou shoujo show.

Why don't you go watch school battle harem crap and Isekai then you donkey

Chieri in Cinderella girls.
Norika in Momokuri.

Because those are also shit.
I'll judge once it airs, but for now in my head I just have "yet another Precure clone"

White Fox shouldn't waste time on this craps, just make Gochiusa S3 already.

Its look shit. Well what i'm expecting its White Shit Original.

>'Precure clone'
>when most of Mahou Shoujo aimed at older audiences are either edgy or ecchi

Just how many 'Precure' clones can you name anyway? Not counting ones like Jewelpet that are obviously directed at kids.

>announced three months before it airs

Confirmed for producers not giving a single shit about it, it's gonna be absolute garbage. As expected of originals.

>Ayaka Suwa
Very underrated.

>I'll judge once it airs, but for now in my head I just have "yet another Precure clone"
Are you an idiot?

Lots of originals (and mahou shoujo) this Fall. Can't wait.

Yep, like Madoka

This vs FlipFlappers is going to be interesting. I predict both to flop terribly though. Japan doesn't care about anime originals anymore.

Yeah, comparable staff and all.

Because he's a fucking newfag

Tell us what isn't generic

It's looks like RayEarth. I'm interested.

I'm in for the gimmick magical girls, but the giant robutt puts me off. It's worth a shot for sure, we'll see.

>he hasn't watched rayearth

>his assumption is correct

I prefer the one taking place during WW1.

Now that I think about it,
>the Sacred Slayer
Shit's going down hard if your magical girl has a metal as fuck name like that.

Magical girls + Narutaru or Magical girls + Bokurano?

>Panzer IIIs
>WW1
It's WW2.

>Director is the same director of Strawberry Panic and Sono Hanabira

Yuri confirmed.

Sora no Method too.

Trash confirmed.

I hope to god it isn't as fucking boring as Sora no Method was.

Nothing about this is "original".

An original anime is one not based on any previously existing source material.

It doesn't.

>Sphere does the ED
>Worst member is the only one in the actual show

Fuck you.

Why the hell White Fox pander otaku this hard recently? New management?

Maybe they don't want to end up like Manglobe.

What do you mean "recently"? They've never been averse to otaku-friendly anime.

Anime original=/=creative anime, you retard
Anime original means that the show isn't adapting any source material

improve rezero animation quality first dammit

It was AOTS though.

It might be good if there isn't no edgy dark twist.

The earthquake should have destoryed SHAFT HQ. It's all PMMMs fault.

>Sora no Method director
I'd say we'd be fucked, but it was the writer who made that show shit, so I guess it'll be good.

White Fox might go from doing a good adaptation this season to a bad original animation next season.

Oh well, I'm only looking to this because I miss RayEarth.

What is this?
Looking like a madoka clone. Fucking hell the Ma font even look like Madoka.
Calling it now, I bet it is going have a dark tweest by the 3rd ep.

Forget original, that sounds like an adaptation.

I've seen every single show white fox ever made and have no idea how I feel about them, they're decent and made some good stuff but I don't think there's anything they made the couldn't have been done better by a top-tier studio like kyoani, and if you're a studio I would but below white fox your honestly doing pretty bad

Nothing in Kyoani's repertoire is proof that they could have made, say, a better Katanagatari. I don't think they even deviate from their artstyle.

Tradinational magical girl shit? Sign me up.

>Matoi's father Shingo, a police detective, launches an investigation, and he comes upon a man who does not seem entirely sane: his only witness. When he holds down the man, Yuma begins the ritual of Divine Possession.
Not that it really matters, but ANN have mistranslated that bit quite badly.

I don't think kyoani look is unbeatable, and at least white fox changes a lot depending on the show they make but comparatively it's always been a little underwhelming.

of course katanagatari was really unique looking, animation was good but even back when it aired it felt like it could have easily been a normal shaft show