Why is this manga so popular?

Why is this manga so popular?

>every character is a cliche
>"hurrdurr im evil" type of villains
>literally generic school setting with "quirks" that aren't even that creative

The only redeeming feature of the manga is how well the art is done. The writing is mediocre at best, and the characters are forgettable.

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/07/12/the-resurgence-of-comic-books-the-industry-has-its-best-selling-month-in-nearly-two-decades/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I can't put my finger on it, but something about it makes it so entertaining. Also All Might is pretty cool.

Except it's not popular, not even Sup Forums likes it

>Why is this manga so popular?
It isn't

All Might is the only character I like in Boku no Hero. Deku is still a whiny bitch in the thirty chapters I read, and his antagonist is an unbearable edgelord. Even worse than fucking Sasuke

Why lie on the internet

Also, consider going back to Sup Forums, autismo. They're the same fucks that like female thor

Why do you assume Sup Forums likes female Thor?

Why would Sup Forums liking something be a gauge for how popular something is? They like american comic books, a medium on life support with lower sales now than at any point in history.

How do you measure popularity? It's definitely less popular than One piece (here)

>Even worse than fucking Sasuke
Well, Shimura is villain so why not?
Unless you are talking about Bakugou, then you are total retard.

washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/07/12/the-resurgence-of-comic-books-the-industry-has-its-best-selling-month-in-nearly-two-decades/

Sometimes people blow out of proportion how much movies help to boost sales up (comics will never be selling 200k unless it's an one in a year anomaly), but you surprisingly underrated it out of proportion.

No one likes Whor

Marvel (and now DC) are restarting numerations of popular series with every event. First issues always have huge sales due to being collectable items (mostly worthless shit). Sales plummet to 40k for most of series, even Iron Man comicbooks have similar numbers.

Sounds like manga

Point was that no matter the tactic, it's clearly not the worst selling period of comics than at any point of time.

Also, DC not so much, some of the series have reached their 52 numbers since the start of New 52 and new numbering with Rebirth makes sense.

Marvel has gotten ridiculous with that. They are going to kill the value of #1 at this rate in no fucking time. Most recently they replaced Tony Stark with some token black girl, it's the same creative team, it's still Bendis, but they fucking started renumbering it, starting with issue #9, what the fuck, at least wait for 13 issues.

It has an all-around appeal, and plays around with some of the normal cliches without turning into a parody. It's nothing spectacular in my own opinion, but it's pretty entertaining when read as a weekly.

it's a well executed stereotypical nekketsu with cool art, likable characters, fast pacing, a light tone and a mix of different pop culture influences making it universally appealing

Heroes it's trending in Japan.

>Superhero manga at the height of Superhero popularity
>Incredibly Likeable cast
>Best Art in Jump

Yes it has cliches and It has tropes but it excecutes them well and even subverts them at times.

Honestly its my favourite thing in jump right now and i cant remember the last time i got excited for a manga on a weekly basis. The writing isnt amazing but its p good desu. Much better the recycled personality text lines of most other shounen mangaka

Be happy user

Why can't people just have fun anymore

>every character is a cliche

This isn't a fault user. It's commonly believed to be one, but why do you think a character type becomes a cliche in the first place?

Cliches can be done well. If you've ever played Skies of Arcadia you know what I'm talking about. Boku No Hero has a pretty comfy cast and we seem to get decent screen time for most of them which imo is one of the most common Shonen fuck ups, look at something like Bleach or Naruto where you have to pray that the character you like doesn't merge with the bench.

Agree with you about the villains though. I'm caught up to date and I understand what's going on but I'm sorry they just don't do it for me. I'd honestly hope in a setting like this that the villains would be kinda comfy too, like Spiderman's Sinister Six or that episode in the Batman The Animated Series where Joker, Penguin, Ivy, Croc and Two-Face played cards and swapped stories(Almost Got 'Em.)

>>Incredibly Likeable cast
Please stop lying. The cast is either made of little shits like Deku, boring guys like Iida, or completely irrelevant characters that will never do anything. All Might is literally the only exception, which is why the author pussied out and made him live.

DC fixed their shit with the new Flintstones comic and The Colonel of Two Worlds.

I cant say anything to convince you since shits subjective but when people recommend the series they highlight the likeable cast and the fun character interactions like the past 2 chapters weve had but oh well.

>hey highlight the likeable cast
Yeah, and they're wrong, the cast isn't likeable.

>I-it's subjective
No, in this case it's not.

Because it's an action manga aimed at 10-year-old boys.

Never underestimate the fact that most anime and manga fans are mentally around 10 years old.

get out Sup Forums

I'm /m/, you dumbfuck.

It's 'fun'. I'm serious too. I feel it acts as almost a guilty pleasure if nothing else.

The characters are written well in my opinion but the thing that hooked me on this manga was how cool the villains are.
They're badass edgy evil guys and that's what being a villain is all about.

Read Black Clover then....

You sound ignorant and pretty stupid

Well drawn.

Has heart.

Not entirely generic.

I dont understand why you're trying so hard to get a rise you're on Sup Forums my dude

>Lying this hard to get others to dislike what you dislike
You're a very little man.

For me it's the unique art style. Most of the fighting and drama has been meh.

Sup Forums user here

Nobody likes Whor, we're waiting for Odinson