Medaka Box

What.

I mean seriously, what. What is wrong with this girl?

She's too perfect for this world, that's her problem.

Naze best girl but Emukae, Anshin'in, Rukiruki,sleepybutt-sempai and Kumagawa are all great too

Yandere is best dere.

Emukae gets pretty good later on

Why is Kumagawa so likable?

Must have been painful for Naze to know

Actually, why didn't Kumagawa at least make fun of her? She's a plus who desperately wanted to be a minus, even though she obviously didn't know what it was like. She's literally a tryhard.
Even the minus she gets later on is pretty tame.

Nienami is worst girl, therefore she is best girl.

>there are 700 million Not Equals
Can somebody explain this to me?

Literally what did she mean by this? Is it a reference to something/Nisio laughing at something that I didn't realize?
Seemed like a weird/shoehorned thing to do, otherwise. Those 700 million didn't even die when Ajimu got fresh'd

I don't get it

She didn't actually like him which is the funny thing.

Season 3 when?

Why almost every victim of Kumagawa survives after being screwed?

>Screws the Loser Team and Plus Six pretty badly
>All of them survives and just gets hospitalized.

>Screws Aki Jakago through her stomach
>Gets hospitalised and appears later to be screwed again.

>Pierce Ezumachi throughout his body with multiple screws
>Same shit as with Jakago

>Puts the screw on Saki's head
>She also survives.

1. The Hakoniwa nurse has an ability that heals anything
2. Kumagawa himself declares their death to be all fiction

I guess got to the part where Ajimuu states Zenkichi developed his "Devil Style", is that going to be good or what?

not really

I don't get why she made such a big deal of it

Because MB was constantly flipflopping through what kind of story it wanted to be at that point so that little sub-plot basically accomplished nothing and lead to nowhere.

He's a nice guy.

>2. Kumagawa himself declares their death to be all fiction

It's strange considering that he is a nihilist.

Just a prank, bro

he doesn't have a real reason to kill them most of the time

Lewd

>Why almost every victim of Kumagawa survives after being screwed?

He says himself at some point that the screws deal low physical damage, they cause mental damage instead. If his ability was as strong as it looks, he wouldn't be such a loser.

>lead to nowhere
it lead to Zenkichi winning the Medakabowl
that's pretty good

Except that's garbage because Medaka a shit, Shiranui best girl who should've won the Zenkichibowl.

She wanted to have sons, that's all
He fails at killing too, silly user

I actually like Medaka

especially the later tomboy version of her
meanwhile Hansode was only good as a double, a double of Medaka no less

I imagine that's exactly why. Screwing people to death and then forcing them live with the trauma sounds a like a reasonable thing for Kumagawa to do.

I lose again...

Medaka is a great girl. It's just that she's not even in the top five in her own series.

>I actually like Medaka
I fucking hate her, not because all the shit she pulled but because somewhere in my heart I see her as a monster who will never really be able to understand people.
I just can't see her as anything but as a beautiful skinwalker.

Who are the top five?

>skinwalker

Some combination of Ajimu, Naze, Emukae, Nienami, and Shiranui.

Literally fourth post in the thread

Exactly.
Everything is just fiction to him.

This guy is still my favorite MB boy.

But user, Yandere fuck each other.

Naze=Nienami > Emukae >> *

Emukae is only in the top five if we're talking about overrated side characters here.

I wanted to dislike Kumagawa and I even feel like I should dislike him but holy shit I couldn't help but love that motherfucker.

Medaka Box was a fantastic series that really could have used some more focus, it really is all over the place with tone, plot, even genre, which I suppose is part of its charm but I still think it would have been better with some more structure.

>We will never see the best arcs animated

I think you mean the Jet Black Wedding arc.

>Worst arc in the entire series
Fuck off.

Except for that one girl, this statement is very very wrong

Ideally the series should have ended with the election.

>king
>one of the weakest villains
it's hard not to laugh at him in retrospect

if that pussy is king then Najimi is a literal god

But its not.

Name one worse.

>forgetting your shit goddess got FRESH'D

Najimi

[power gap]

Medaka
Emukae
Nienami
Kikaijima

well she pretty much is

she was around before the universe was born wasn't she?

Flask arc

Weakest villains? Besides Iihiko, Aijmuu, or Medaka, there's not much to stop him. Wasn't his true skill stealing others powers and taking it to 100% of its true potential?

meanwhile Miyokonojou would die without Iihiko even going fresh

Wouldn't doubt it, but he would do that to a lot of the character in the MB universe regardless.

>Besides Iihiko, Aijmuu, or Medaka, there's not much to stop him
I'd reckon any of the minuses could take him

especially Kumagawa

*characters

>Any of the Minuses
Nah. No one but Kumagawa would stand a remote chance against him.
>Kumagawa
Arguably with All Fiction, its certainly possible. Like I said before, if he was allowed to get his true skill to its 100% potential then it becomes a huge tossup.

What the fuck was his problem?

>Arguably with All Fiction, its certainly possible.
I think he could easily just screw him

can't imagine Oudo's weighted words having much of an effect on Kumagawa, just due to his personality

No spoilers please, I'm only at chap 134 here.

>in before the manga ended already user

Well to be fair, we don't know.

>No spoilers please, I'm only at chap 134 here.
then why the fuck are you here?

What I'm saying is we don't know. Oudo is an enigma, on top of that it took Medaka to beat him and she had been affected by his Weighted Words, so why wouldn't Kumagawa since Medaka and Misogi are basically two different sides of the same coin.

And that's not his true skill, his true skill is stealing others powers, I don't think Kumagawa would effect him given Oudo's personality before Medaka made him live his life correctly. He even also was making Medaka's Abnormality his own.

>Flask arc
A good arc, had fun characters, good fights, good build up and used all the characters involved well.

The first arc (SoL) and last arc (epilogue) were the worst by miles

Even dropped it during the boring high school chapters, and the epilogue was just disappointing

Because I barely see any MB threads lately.

What is a Not Equal supposed to be? Is it just someone with both, a plus and a minus?

If so, is Naze a Not Equal due to her fire/ice minus and remodelling plus?

reminder she only let that happen to give Medaka more time for escape
Hanten mentions that she had lost to Iihiko millions of times before, but never died, because she never had a reason to

truly best girl

Both a Plus or Minus would make them equal, a Not Equal is someone whose imbalanced in some form like Ajimuu or Hanten.

I still don't get this:

So it goes Normal < Abnormal = Most being Pluses but rare few being Minus < Not Equal? Is Medaka a Plus? What was Oudo?

>Is Medaka a Plus?
yes, although she can steal minuses as well
so she could potentially be the next Najimi

>What was Oudo?
plus

the first minus we see is Kumagawa

>Relief Attendant
what did Nisio mean by this?

Considering that most of the not equals were effectively separate beings from ajimu and had no powers, not equals aren't necessarily above anyone in power levels.

A lot of things are up to interpretation since nisio was so vague in explanations.

Isn't Haten a Not Equal as well? I mean his power is the same an Aijmuu's iirc.

That was a translation error wasnt it?
Didnt he actually just call her Anshin'in?

He's a not equal, but since he never really does anything, I don't think we know what he could actually do in a fight.

Wrote by nisioisin. Do I need to say more?
kuma-chan best girl

So what's the deal with this show/manga? I watched the anime out of curiousity and it was a total slog until the last episodes of both seasons. The last episodes has some of the best shonen dialogue and powers I've ever seen. It felt like behind all the bullshit and cliche-ness of all the other episodes was something really smart and subversive but it only ever peaked out during the last episodes.

Like, when that little kid grabbed the MCs tits and pretty much said "I'd fuck you right now" I was like wooooaaaah this is some shit. This is one little fucker!

But they never made any other seasons?

The punchline is that everything before the Minus arc is shit, and the anime never made it to the minus arc

You got Gainax'd

「It's all fiction」
1. Kumagawa
2. Bipolar loli
3. Anshin'in chan
4. No bra
5. Zen's mom

Who else is /devilfine/ here?

The anime stopped right before the best arc and will never get more seasons.

but why

We can't let Kumagawa have nice things

Because we lost again!

but for real tho, why? At least the haruhi girl fucked a lot of guys. Did someone fuck someone or something again?

shit taste detected.

the comic kinda deconstructs that as it goes, with zenkechi and that kung fu girl who are both normals beating plus/abnormals

The manga ended. The anime was an advertisement for the manga. The anime is almost always an advertisement for the manga.