Ghibli "fans" who haven't seen Yasuo Otsuka's Joy in Motion documentary and don't know him as the mentor to Miyazaki...

>Ghibli "fans" who haven't seen Yasuo Otsuka's Joy in Motion documentary and don't know him as the mentor to Miyazaki and Takahata
>Ghibli "fans" who haven't seen Miyazaki and Takahata's work on Toei Douga
>Ghibli "fans" who haven't seen Takahata's WMT series or Miyazaki's Future Boy Conan
>Ghibli "fans" who haven't seen Kondo's Little Nemo Pilot
>Ghibli "fans" who haven't seen Lev Atamanov's "The Snow Queen", the film that motivated Miyazaki to join the anime industry
>Ghibli "fans" who haven't seen Paul Grimault's "The King and the Mockingbird", the film that motivated Takahata to join the anime industry

Just because a work is influential doesn't mean it's good.

I'm a ghibli fan and I haven't even seen howl's moving castle, so I dunno. Am I not good enough to like it? 分かりません。

Howl is worst Miyazaki so it's okay. As long you've seen My Neighbor the Yamadas and Ocean Waves, the most underrated Ghibli films, then you'll be fine.

I'm pretty sure the film that motivated Miyazaki to join the anime industry was Hakujaden.

This. He was already working at Toei by the time he saw Snow Queen, he just says it helped inspire him to continue working even though it was shit. OP is a hypocrite.

Even though his job was shit, I mean, not the Snow Queen was shit.

>Howl
>not Ponyo

>Ghibli fans

>Ghibli "fans" who don't know moon

I loved Ocean Waves but is My Neighbours the Yamadas actually good or are you just being contrary?

Howl may have its flaws, it has it's charm points, and the backgrounds and detail work are absolutely astounding. I personally feel it is a more aesthetically pleasing movie than Spirited Away was; and it's probably my favorite "Modern" Miyazaki picture

Would you seriously say Ponyo is a better film than Howl's Moving Castle?

Did you know that the stones ripped off the moon for the knowledge that comes with age?

Most of your points are pretty true. Heidi is a masterpiece, and I can't really believe most Sup Forumsnons haven't acknowledged it, specially since it used to be all the time on european TVs.

Ponyo is a pleasure of moving animation, and I really appreciate the first half of the film. However, fuck Hisaishi for overcharging so much its images and fuck Miyazaki trying again to get some grand epic out of such silliness, it seems like his younger self was wiser than him at that point.

It's Takahata's best film after Only Yesterday and Kaguya.

Ponyo is a cute, harmless sakuga fest without any of the didactic elements of Miyazaki's later films. Howl is just a mess in every category, his only misstep.

I watched the Snow Queen with no connection to Ghibli, so I'm almost there.

>Being a greentexting OP

WOW

Ghibli "fans" have only seen My Neighbor Totoro, Ponyo, Spirited Away, and MAYBE Princess Mononoke and/or Kiki's Delivery Service. The rest of the studio is non-existent to them. None of my "I love Miyazaki and Studio Ghibli" friends have ever heard of Porco Rosso or Grave of the Fireflies. And fuck all if I bring up Ni no Kuni. I'm not even a huge anime fan, but shit.

wow im sure glad you enjoyed those animes.

>Ghibli "fans" who actually think aniime wasn't a mistake

>not Porco Rosso

How do we resurrect Ghibli, Sup Forums?

Okay Ghibli Blog man, get back to me when you actually sit through an anime series not by anyone from Ghibli.