Why do westerners like visiting shittier looking countries? is there anything to learn from there...

why do westerners like visiting shittier looking countries? is there anything to learn from there? i can't imagine visiting countries that look shittier than my country, what's the point? everyday we always think about living in a nicer looking life and place and there's no place in our brains to be interested in "learning" from places that look shittier than ours.

it's like you're having too much time and place in your head to not dream and worry and complain. your life is complete already and you're done dreaming about living the casey neistat life.

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.expeditionportal.com/threads/50799-Democratic-Republic-of-Congo-Lubumbashi-to-Kinshasa
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

honestly at this time i'm just confused

I'm planning to go to Myanmar for a month. I want to go so I can see the black market trade in animal parts, buy cheap rubies from slave laborers, and go somewhere my money is worth five fold.

Because western countries get boring after a while and it's nice to experience what life is like on the other side. In my experience people are more genuine, the culture is still intact and people retain family values and other old fashioned stuff which can't be found in the west anymore. Yes, the quality of life here is better, but that's not the only thing that matters.

> people retain family values and other old fashioned stuff
Yes is funny seeing leftists talk about that and then hating whites that want a traditional life

They want a chance to contaminate other cultures with their germs and consumerism, just like his ancestors did.

It's all in their blood.

Westerners treat poor countries like theme parks.

Secretley they're thinking "holyy shit these sub human animals could rape/kill me at any moment".

does life in myanmar look more shiny and modern and exciting than in where you're from? i don't see how those things are fun and exciting. i'm not interested at all to see myanmar, probably doesn't look better than indonesia anyway, what's the point? we have no place in our brains to "recreationally learn".

at least it's not as tiresome as living in an environment where you feel you deserve more, where you feel "i'm not like these people, i'm more than them. i want to live in a place where people can understand and appreciate what i wear, what i listen to, my photographs, my clever vocabulary, etc etc".

i'm like a 24 yr old failed normie wishing to experience that wild 18 year old partying life while everyone in my age is already tired of it.

During my time in Cameroon, I met these cartel members from Mexico that were there on business, I am Mexican American as well so I spoke to em and they seemed high off their mind near the market and we spoke of how the lack of tortillas made Africa shitty, they drove a nice Escalade and I saw more of em inside of it.

Pretty unique experience to see em in this local diner. It really was.

consumerism and greed is what keeps the world spinning. without consumerism and greed there wouldn't even been cars and planes.

i don't think that's true. but it makes me want to disassociate myself from these people sooner. i am NOT my race or culture.

Same reason one goes to the zoo.

To point and laugh

Most prominent is old historical buildings. Some go for the present culture, the poorer just want to look at part of history as they would like to see remnant of

i can't even imagine being interested in these people's stories. i'm more interested in mingling with people that are associated with the same kind of alternative culture that i associate myself with.

because after you've gone somewhere weird you get to namedrop it in conversations and feel like an interesting person

cheap food
cheap hotels
cheap pussy

Someone like you will never be appeased, even if you came to the west. If you can't appreciate what you have right now you're always going to keep wishing for more and more. Stop basing your life around what you don't have and instead focus on what you do. That's all I can say because trust me man, the west isn't as good as you imagine, it's mostly a lie that the Jews spin to convince people that everything is so nice with money, and of course it is better in some ways, but in others it's not satisfactory at all. Just ask any rich person if they feel satisfied and chances are they'll say they do not. Stop hoping for what you don't have and make do with what you do.

I spend most of my life working and traveling in developing countries. I like how cheap things are (services mostly) and I like the freedom (vs. the nanny state west).

Because as a white man, its VERY easy to fuck women from 3rd world countries. The women generally have better bodies too

Went to paris air show at orly and that was great, not all old stuff, ut mostly. Versailles was ok.

A lot of white males are cucks. A lot of white females are secretly attracted to the savages.

People look at these uncivilized places as if there's some spiritual noble savage deepness to it.

When in reality, it's a complete shithole. The humans there are in no way advanced.

Because we like to laugh at the misfortune of idiots.

This always puzzled me, there are actual people that rather come to our crime infested shithole we call cities instead of coming to see the nature and the things that are actually good from here, I once saw a blonde girl going straight to the worst part of the city INTENTIONALLY
She for sure got raped or worse

how can i appreciate what i have when it's not enough? no one likes being poor, no one likes being ugly, no one likes being on the bottom of social hierarchy. if people stop dreaming, the world will stop spinning. i don't want the world to look and feel the same, 100 years from now. if not this dream, i have nothing else i want to pursue in life.

what things? how are those things in better quality than in canada? and uh, what freedom? stateless capitalism will give you more freedom, trust me. we can work on it.

i threw up in my mouth a little watching them. i don't really pursue women anyway.

but fortunately i will try my luck in america, neighbor.

i don't even like nature that much. i like big cities. i like the isolation, being in the middle of crowds without knowing any of them. that's very comfy

I don't really understand that honestly, you rather be among a bunch of people in a city full of smog that smells like old fish/old vegetables than beautiful natural scenery?

at least the people are on my level.

I was there five years ago. One warning - something as little as USD100 will literally be too many Kyat bills to fit in a wallet. So be prepared to bring an 80's style briefcase or brown paper bag when you purchase your slave rubies.

What do you mean?

the kind of pop culture that they're engaged with, the kind of music that they listen to, the kind of things that i can talk about with them, etc etc. all that firstworld metropolitan shit, man.

It's great to visit a shit hole. I've been to India several times and it's literally mind blowing how shitty it is. Coming home is like being welcomed back to civilization. You'll never feel more cozy.

makes me want to move out even more. when i watch casey neistat, i was like "i'm still smarter than him, but why am i here and he's there? i should be the one surrounded by cool shops and cool indie music venue"

If you have time to waste, this is a good read about two belgians crossing Congo from south to north in a 4x4

forum.expeditionportal.com/threads/50799-Democratic-Republic-of-Congo-Lubumbashi-to-Kinshasa

i don't see how they can sincerely enjoy their time there. it doesn't look better than their country

>why do westerners like visiting shittier looking countries?

they are called idiots and i hope the natives eat every last one of them

because gentrified city people live in a bubble where everybody is equal and nobody would possibly want to cause bodily harm to others

even IF it is true, lesser countries look shitty and i don't see why you would be interested in seeing Thailand or Indonesia if you're from the better/superior society. i myself can't see myself visiting lesser countries like Ghana or Zambia. not even countries on par like Vietnam or Malaysia. what's the point? we should want to visit countries we dream about living in, how can any of you have time for "recreational learning"? i will only "learn" if it can give me more money to move out of here.

49% go to see shitty conditions and appreciate what they have
49% go so others will see them go
1% go because they actually want to see the culture
1% go for sex

Humbleness?Idiocy? A mix of both?

Makes us proud to be white

I would wager it have something to do with morbid fascination. They do no realize how amazing they are having it in comparison with most of the world. It's the ultimate feel good pill. Further more it earns them sympathy points back home, as their pears will consider them open minded and noble. Another avenue would be to act out without much restraint as rules and regulations are much more lax. Finally, it's the emotional void many well off people get in to is mended my "adventure".

>is there anything to learn from there?
That's why shitskins can't into civilization. You can learn from everything.

So you're a faggot then. Enjoy being useless your whole life.

They do it for the adventure

We travel to "shitty countries" because they have another culture we want to see and experience on our own. In addition those countries have amazing countryside and nature in most cases.
I've been to Singapore for 6 months and that is almost western compared to the trips I made to Indonesia (where locals wanted to take pictures with us because lol amazing western ppl), Malaysia and Thailand.
In lower developed countries you get cheap food, most people are friendly (yes I know there are shitholes where crime goes through the roof).

In the end it comes down to nature, landscape and culture because most people that visit africa want to go on an expensive safari or people visiting asian countries go to huge cities.
Only backpackers visit the countryside and they want to experience the whole spectrum of a country

Its actually fun to go bundu bashing through the African bush, I think Australians might understand this.

Because these places still have a culture and way of life beyond debt slavery. The West is shit and has been shit for a good while now, honestly I struggle to understand what you faggots are trying to save at this point.

There's nowhere else to go.

what's the point of being western if you're not being metropolitan? look at that picture, americans also have it where they drive into muds. i would feel like "ew this is what lesser people do, not us, we're better"

I like to see other climates. I usually look at architecture and check out restaurants and get hammered for a few days but I spend most of my time in the wilderness for my major vacations.

Being on acid in a jungle you are unfamiliar with is one of the most interesting and educational experiences that a person can have.

OP the problem is that you got swindled into accepting American culture, without being American or at least moving there.

Now you're fucked because you think you're better than what America has planned for your country (which is most likely true, no American colony deserves its fate, and there are many good people in all of them).

but i AM better than what america has planned for my country. also

>American colony
kek

>"not us we're better"
>Polack

if i wasn't willing to visit shittier countries when would i ever leave god's own chosen people

no, read again you fucking idiot, i was positioning myself as if i was a firstworlder

who did God choose, and those who weren't chosen, why were they even created? it's like, did God also create some people to be born blind and deaf? i stopped believing in God years ago because there's no way God actually intended to make some race permanently inferior and animal like.

i am NOT my race, i'm not proud of my culture and heritage, and will willingfully bury it down. i care about myself as an individual, and being better and more and more successful everyday. to prove that i'm not inferior and i'm not part of my race/culture, that i'm on par with whites

As I said, it's most likely true.

You should've somehow emigrated to America while you were still young enough to learn English without an accent, and change your name to an Americanized version, and you'd have had a great life.

As it is, you're nowhere.

That's the point that's so funny, you will never be a first worlder and you're essentially a nigger in white skin.

The day after the day of the rope, poles will be impaled.

unfortunately for you God is dead, Lucifer is Lord in this realm for all eternity and naturally, he favors the white man. Your lot could survive depending on your people's reaction to coming events and players.

Though considering you're a fat majority muslim ass behemoth of mongoloids y'all can expect to be nuclearly obliterated in a rain of hellfire

there's still time for me. there must be a way. idk, maybe the employment visa where i invest in creating jobs for americans.

i'm not white you fucking braindead

no one is the lord, in my world. god has to be kind and moral, and everytime i learn about god from Sup Forums, i drift even further. i'm not fat, and i said it once again, deep down, i don't believe in god. god can't be evil and god shouldn't make different races.

>i can't imagine visiting countries that look shittier than my country,
But there are no countries shittier than your country

i know right? luckily i'm not one of these people, i'm above them. just like how you're also above them.

we're all part of one human race bud! racism lost the only thing that matters know is pure ability

human is not a race, jew.

i'm just extremely dissatisfied and very bitter and angry. after the red pill, i just wish i was born in the right place. being poor in NYC is still far more superior than being rich and successful in indonesia. because what's the point, you're still part of a shitty inferior culture anyway.

watching the alt right youtube videos, they all make sense, and i hate it that nature has to be this way. i keep being in denial,"oh nation doesn't matter, free market should be the one deciding where you can live", but deep down i agree with the alt right.

if i was white, that would be awesome, i can make fun of anyone and no one would be able to hurt my feelings. nothing in the white race can be made fun of.

it's like going to a really expensive zoo
they're better off paying 15 bucks for the ticket in their own country

>is there anything to learn from there?

That not all ethnic groups and races are equal.

and the thinking people will not be satisfied for just being inferior. they will feel bad about it and try to better themselves and move to a place where they can find people who are more like them, intellectually, because they despise their race.

You planning to join some Buddhist Monks killing sub humans

Luxury on a budget. You can stay at a 5 star resort or game lodge for the price per night of an american motel.
Westerners often come to SA to do some hunting at a pristine private lodge with all the luxuries and breath taking scenery along with private chef ect.

Come spend some $$$ and have a great time.

i should be that kind of person. i should be the one spending the $$$, not the one hosting and serving. fuck.

Yup trust me, staying at one of these lodges is awesome

No niggers?

It's like going to a zoo

Just go to the poorer version of SA for you, for example we have Bosnia-Romania-Macedonia, we go there every few years to feel like westerners.

jfc you're a sad human being

Maybe it's because most of us Westerners have got it the best, we can't visit anywhere we dream of living because we're already there. Some people go tp shittholes for something different or just for the adventure.

Americans try their hardest to not be american and they think that visiting some 3rd world country makes them enlightened and grants them a reason to uphold that holier-than-thou hippy attitude.

I like pretty flowers and mammals, duh